Hire an illegal, lose your business license

when i hire someone, they fill out the W4 form, then i pay them as well as their payroll taxes.

employers are not immigration agencies...

Recordkeeping Requirements

After the employee completes and signs the Form W-4, you must keep it in your records for at least 4 years (See Publication 15, (Circular E), Employer's Tax Guide)). This form serves as verification that you are withholding federal income tax according to the employee's instructions and needs to be available for inspection should the IRS ever request it. Form W-4 is still subject to review. You may be directed (in a written notice or in future published guidance) to send certain Forms W-4 to the IRS. You must be able to supply a hardcopy of an electronic Form W-4.

Tax Topics - Topic 753 Form W-4 – Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate

Ever hear of an I-9 form?
Employment Eligibility Verification

If you are not requiring them to do it, you are in violation of federal law already!

How long before the citizens of Indiana start complaining about outrageous labor costs and $10-a-head lettuce?

If you want to bring work back to America you have to pay more for the products.
I dont hear you crying about the ridiculous pay unions members get that now make a decent truck cost 50K.

So which is it,jobs for Americans or keep getting those low cost products from china?

Excellent start.

Include in the bill that the management goes to jail for a minimum of ten years.

They will roll over in a heart beat to give the government a conviction in return for a lesser sentence.

people lie...

"The employer must examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s) an employee presents to determine whether the document(s) reasonably appear to be genuine"

Purpose of Form
Form I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States. All U.S. employers must ensure proper completion of Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment in the United States. This includes citizens and noncitizens. Both employees and employers (or authorized representatives of the employer) must complete the form. On the form, an employee must attest to his or her employment authorization. The employee must also present his or her employer with acceptable documents evidencing identity and employment authorization. The employer must examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s) an employee presents to determine whether the document(s) reasonably appear to be genuine and to relate to the employee and record the document information on the Form I-9. The list of acceptable documents can be found on the last page of the form. Employers must retain Form I-9 for a designated period and make it available for inspection by authorized government officers. NOTE: State agencies may use Form I-9. Also, some agricultural recruiters and referrers for a fee may be required to use Form I-9.

people lie...

"The employer must examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s) an employee presents to determine whether the document(s) reasonably appear to be genuine"

Purpose of Form
Form I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States. All U.S. employers must ensure proper completion of Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment in the United States. This includes citizens and noncitizens. Both employees and employers (or authorized representatives of the employer) must complete the form. On the form, an employee must attest to his or her employment authorization. The employee must also present his or her employer with acceptable documents evidencing identity and employment authorization. The employer must examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s) an employee presents to determine whether the document(s) reasonably appear to be genuine and to relate to the employee and record the document information on the Form I-9. The list of acceptable documents can be found on the last page of the form. Employers must retain Form I-9 for a designated period and make it available for inspection by authorized government officers. NOTE: State agencies may use Form I-9. Also, some agricultural recruiters and referrers for a fee may be required to use Form I-9.

An employer can verify online with SSA, your argument is invalid

so use your best gun lobby logic, and ask yourself how would this new proposed law change anything?

Common sense law and a state doing what the feds refuse to do.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License – State Bill Puts Americans First

A new bill introduced in the Indiana General Assembly on Thursday could finally mark the beginning of responsible, citizen-first labor policies in the United States. While the federal government consistently chooses to defy the will and the interests of the people, state governments in many ways still maintain the ability to act on our behalf, if they choose to do so.

The legislation, Senate Bill 285, would be among the strictest in the nation, allowing judges to strip employers of their business licenses upon a third violation of knowingly hiring an illegal alien, already a violation of federal immigration law.

The bill was introduced by State Senator Mike Delph, a Republican representing Carmel, in order to “take away the jobs magnet and remove the financial incentive of unscrupulous business people who profit off of illegal immigration.”

Two of his fellow Republican colleagues have already signed onto the bill, including key Senate Pensions and Labor Committee Chairman Phil Boots of Crawfordville. His committee must pass the measure prior to a full Senate vote.

This is an obvious piece of America-first legislation, the kind of concept that is so difficult for the US Congress to grasp, preferring to simply do nothing, fund amnesty and cast meaningless show votes. They claim to oppose illegal aliens taking American jobs and driving down wages but their actions tell a much different story.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License - State Bill Puts Americans First, Illegals In A Moving Van ⋆ UFP NEWS
If every state follow suit we won't need the wall...save the Mexicans a lot of money!

It's the only way to get rid of them.
No jobs,no welfare,no school,no healthcare.....Absofuckinglutely Nothing!!!!

This is a step in the right direction.

The way to quickly and totally eliminate the problem of illegal immigration is a mandatory biometric citizen ID card which is addressable via swipe scanner (same as credit cards).

It would take about six months to issue cards to every legitimate citizen. Everyone who hires employees would be required to have a scanner which attaches to an ordinary telephone line and addresses a central database which contains the same information as on each ID card and will thereby instantly identify any forgery attempt.

Assign a serious penalty for hiring anyone without an ID card. INS agents would conduct random visits to verify employee citizenship by scanning ID cards. INS agents would be authorized to randomly require any individuals to produce their citizen ID cards.

Such a program would understandably compel illegals to voluntarily depart or risk arrest, imprisonment and forcible deportation.

illegals can always lie on forms and bad guys can always find a way to get guns.

people lie...

Purpose of Form

Try that defense in court when the judge calls you the defendant and see how that works!

If you have an SS card issued to someone named Swen Anderson and the job applicant looks like Idi Amin, or Pancho Villa, you might want to not hire them.

A new bill introduced in the Indiana General Assembly on Thursday could finally mark the beginning of responsible, citizen-first labor policies in the United States. While the federal government consistently chooses to defy the will and the interests of the people, state governments in many ways still maintain the ability to act on our behalf, if they choose to do so.

The legislation, Senate Bill 285, would be among the strictest in the nation, allowing judges to strip employers of their business licenses upon a third violation of knowingly hiring an illegal alien, already a violation of federal immigration law.

The bill was introduced by State Senator Mike Delph, a Republican representing Carmel, in order to “take away the jobs magnet and remove the financial incentive of unscrupulous business people who profit off of illegal immigration.”

Two of his fellow Republican colleagues have already signed onto the bill, including key Senate Pensions and Labor Committee Chairman Phil Boots of Crawfordville. His committee must pass the measure prior to a full Senate vote.

This is an obvious piece of America-first legislation, the kind of concept that is so difficult for the US Congress to grasp, preferring to simply do nothing, fund amnesty and cast meaningless show votes. They claim to oppose illegal aliens taking American jobs and driving down wages but their actions tell a much different story.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License - State Bill Puts Americans First, Illegals In A Moving Van ⋆ UFP NEWS

If they can't get jobs they will stop coming and those here will leave. Sounds nicer than rounding them up to kick them out.

so use your best gun lobby logic, and ask yourself how would this new proposed law change anything?

It is a state law, which creates more local control and enforcement. In case you haven't noticed, federal has become very political to the point the President refuses to enforce some laws.

If every state follow suit we won't need the wall...save the Mexicans a lot of money!

It's the only way to get rid of them.
No jobs,no welfare,no school,no healthcare.....Absofuckinglutely Nothing!!!!
NOTHING!!

people lie...

Purpose of Form
How do you lie about presenting your drivers license and birth certificate (with the seal--no photocopies allowed) That's been the requirement for a long, long time.

Forum List

Back