Hire an illegal, lose your business license

people lie...

"The employer must examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s) an employee presents to determine whether the document(s) reasonably appear to be genuine"

Purpose of Form
Form I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States. All U.S. employers must ensure proper completion of Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment in the United States. This includes citizens and noncitizens. Both employees and employers (or authorized representatives of the employer) must complete the form. On the form, an employee must attest to his or her employment authorization. The employee must also present his or her employer with acceptable documents evidencing identity and employment authorization. The employer must examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s) an employee presents to determine whether the document(s) reasonably appear to be genuine and to relate to the employee and record the document information on the Form I-9. The list of acceptable documents can be found on the last page of the form. Employers must retain Form I-9 for a designated period and make it available for inspection by authorized government officers. NOTE: State agencies may use Form I-9. Also, some agricultural recruiters and referrers for a fee may be required to use Form I-9.

Try that defense in court when the judge calls you the defendant and see how that works!

If you have an SS card issued to someone named Swen Anderson and the job applicant looks like Idi Amin, or Pancho Villa, you might want to not hire them.
You also have to present a government issued photo ID--drivers license or State ID for non drivers.

Common sense law and a state doing what the feds refuse to do.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License – State Bill Puts Americans First

A new bill introduced in the Indiana General Assembly on Thursday could finally mark the beginning of responsible, citizen-first labor policies in the United States. While the federal government consistently chooses to defy the will and the interests of the people, state governments in many ways still maintain the ability to act on our behalf, if they choose to do so.

The legislation, Senate Bill 285, would be among the strictest in the nation, allowing judges to strip employers of their business licenses upon a third violation of knowingly hiring an illegal alien, already a violation of federal immigration law.

The bill was introduced by State Senator Mike Delph, a Republican representing Carmel, in order to “take away the jobs magnet and remove the financial incentive of unscrupulous business people who profit off of illegal immigration.”

Two of his fellow Republican colleagues have already signed onto the bill, including key Senate Pensions and Labor Committee Chairman Phil Boots of Crawfordville. His committee must pass the measure prior to a full Senate vote.

This is an obvious piece of America-first legislation, the kind of concept that is so difficult for the US Congress to grasp, preferring to simply do nothing, fund amnesty and cast meaningless show votes. They claim to oppose illegal aliens taking American jobs and driving down wages but their actions tell a much different story.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License - State Bill Puts Americans First, Illegals In A Moving Van ⋆ UFP NEWS
I wish they didn't have to wait for three violations, but BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL DAY

Look at this! The nutbags want to take credit for a liberal idea. Isn't that cute.

The first guy to lose his license would be Trump.
what liberal idea?

Dude.....

Liberals have been suggesting that we penalize those who hire undocumented immigrants for years. The idea has been met with opposition from conservatives.

Go ahead....pretend that isn't true.

so use your best gun lobby logic, and ask yourself how would this new proposed law change anything?

It is a state law, which creates more local control and enforcement. In case you haven't noticed, federal has become very political to the point the President refuses to enforce some laws.

it would criminalize employers who earnestly wish to hire private individuals...

the employer's only burden should be clerical and the rest should be up to the state agencies, well paid for by taxpayers, to do their job in verifying the status of individuals residing in their state...

Look at this! The nutbags want to take credit for a liberal idea. Isn't that cute.

what liberal idea?

Dude.....

Liberals have been suggesting that we penalize those who hire undocumented immigrants for years. The idea has been met with opposition from conservatives.

this thread is all over the place.. I genuinely didn't know what you were referring to..
And YES, I agree. Same reasons they bend over on amnesty and such. They want it, this is just something they aren't so honest about.. Usually, they just stab you in the front..

what liberal idea?

Dude.....

Got a link to any legislation proposed in Congress that required such a thing that was ever voted down by Republicans?

so use your best gun lobby logic, and ask yourself how would this new proposed law change anything?

It is a state law, which creates more local control and enforcement. In case you haven't noticed, federal has become very political to the point the President refuses to enforce some laws.

it would criminalize employers who earnestly wish to hire private individuals...

the employer's only burden should be clerical and the rest should be up to the state agencies, well paid for by taxpayers, to do their job in verifying the status of individuals residing in their state...

Since using the SSA employer online services would be considered reasonable and is free you are wrong. To use your analogy, it would be like sticking my social in and getting immediate gun purchasing clearance.

what liberal idea?

I have to heartily disagree. If employers stopped hiring illegal immigrants they would not come here looking for work.

what liberal idea?

Dude.....

Got a link to any legislation proposed in Congress that required such a thing that was ever voted down by Republicans?
We all know the establishment GOP don't want the immigration thing settled.

Since using the SSA employer online services would be considered reasonable and is free you are wrong. To use your analogy, it would be like sticking my social in and getting immediate gun purchasing clearance.

Sounds easy enough.
Now you add some very hefty fines for those who fail to do so and you have part of our problem licked.
Next up...welfare,healthcare,school....etc....

what liberal idea?

I have to heartily disagree. If employers stopped hiring illegal immigrants they would not come here looking for work.
we would also have to stop them from going to public school and other forms of free shit. I would mandate e-verify with rentals and such as well. Even the ER should boot their asses out.
When they are sick, hungry, dumb and sleeping in the street, they will leave.

I don't see this happening. It has already failed a couple times. The last time due specifically to the revocation of business licenses. Too much potential for Hoosiers that have nothing to do with hiring to lose their jobs. The state Chamber of Commerce has already come out strongly opposing this bill. It would not be surprising for Big Ag to voice their opposition as well. Both groups have tremendous clout in state politics. Another example of unneeded and/or bad laws coming from the statehouse.

what liberal idea?

we would also have to stop them from going to public school and other forms of free shit. I would mandate e-verify with rentals and such as well. Even the ER should boot their asses out.
When they are sick, hungry, dumb and sleeping in the street, they will leave.

Stopping them from going to school is a problem. SCOTUS ruled years ago that you cannot kick them out of a school for being an illegal.

Try that defense in court when the judge calls you the defendant and see how that works!

If you have an SS card issued to someone named Swen Anderson and the job applicant looks like Idi Amin, or Pancho Villa, you might want to not hire them.

Discrimination will get you sued out of business by EEOC, ACLU, Atty General, etc.

Forum List

Back