Hire an illegal, lose your business license

what liberal idea?
it would criminalize employers who earnestly wish to hire private individuals...

the employer's only burden should be clerical and the rest should be up to the state agencies, well paid for by taxpayers, to do their job in verifying the status of individuals residing in their state...
I have to heartily disagree. If employers stopped hiring illegal immigrants they would not come here looking for work.
we would also have to stop them from going to public school and other forms of free shit. I would mandate e-verify with rentals and such as well. Even the ER should boot their asses out.
When they are sick, hungry, dumb and sleeping in the street, they will leave.

Stopping them from going to school is a problem. SCOTUS ruled years ago that you cannot kick them out of a school for being an illegal.

Here is my plan TNHarleys solution to the immigration problem | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
What you think?

Not bad. Some of it is unconstitutional by previous court rulings, but it is a good start!
It is, but the thing is, you can challenge it. And I think I could come up with a legit argument to do so.

what liberal idea?
it would criminalize employers who earnestly wish to hire private individuals...

the employer's only burden should be clerical and the rest should be up to the state agencies, well paid for by taxpayers, to do their job in verifying the status of individuals residing in their state...
I have to heartily disagree. If employers stopped hiring illegal immigrants they would not come here looking for work.
we would also have to stop them from going to public school and other forms of free shit. I would mandate e-verify with rentals and such as well. Even the ER should boot their asses out.

It would be a good idea for many of you folks to grasp the fact that our economy benefits from having these workers. The approach ought to be geared toward making sure all are documented and paid in accordance with our laws.

When your argument loses focus on the economic reality and starts down that ethnocentric ( free shit, hungry and dumb ) highway......you fail to get traction. When will you learn?
Think of the BIG picture LL.
If you read my plan, TNHarleys solution to the immigration problem | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum you will notice I point that out and how I would handle that as well.

I read it. Much to agree with. But....I don't accept your take that these fine people are here to drain our resources or don't have respect for themselves. That's where you and I part ways. If you began to speak of these people as though they were your equal, you might start to get some thinking people on board.
That's they way I see it with some of them. I cant help it, they do it..

Common sense law and a state doing what the feds refuse to do.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License – State Bill Puts Americans First

A new bill introduced in the Indiana General Assembly on Thursday could finally mark the beginning of responsible, citizen-first labor policies in the United States. While the federal government consistently chooses to defy the will and the interests of the people, state governments in many ways still maintain the ability to act on our behalf, if they choose to do so.

The legislation, Senate Bill 285, would be among the strictest in the nation, allowing judges to strip employers of their business licenses upon a third violation of knowingly hiring an illegal alien, already a violation of federal immigration law.

The bill was introduced by State Senator Mike Delph, a Republican representing Carmel, in order to “take away the jobs magnet and remove the financial incentive of unscrupulous business people who profit off of illegal immigration.”

Two of his fellow Republican colleagues have already signed onto the bill, including key Senate Pensions and Labor Committee Chairman Phil Boots of Crawfordville. His committee must pass the measure prior to a full Senate vote.

This is an obvious piece of America-first legislation, the kind of concept that is so difficult for the US Congress to grasp, preferring to simply do nothing, fund amnesty and cast meaningless show votes. They claim to oppose illegal aliens taking American jobs and driving down wages but their actions tell a much different story.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License - State Bill Puts Americans First, Illegals In A Moving Van ⋆ UFP NEWS

Thank you. We finally agree on something.

I've been saying for years we don't have an illegal immigration problem.

WE HAVE AN ILLEGAL EMPLOYER PROBLEM.

I wish that was the law of the land and strictly enforced.

If employers knew they would be destroyed they would go way out of their way to make sure they hire only legally documented workers.

If there are no jobs for those undocumented, they won't come here.

How long before the citizens of Indiana start complaining about outrageous labor costs and $10-a-head lettuce?

Why is it acceptable to pay people way below minimum wage just because they pick produce and vegetables?

If the real and honest price of a head of lettuce is 10 dollars then that's what people should pay.

It's not right to force people to live on extremely low wages just because they pick food and are here illegally.

Why should agribusiness be able to pay those low wages? Most other employers can't. What makes them so special that they're exempted from minimum wage laws and are allowed to hire undocumented people instead of Americans who need the jobs?

It would be a good idea for many of you folks to grasp the fact that our economy benefits from having these workers. The approach ought to be geared toward making sure all are documented and paid in accordance with our laws.

When your argument loses focus on the economic reality and starts down that ethnocentric ( free shit, hungry and dumb ) highway......you fail to get traction. When will you learn?
Think of the BIG picture LL.
If you read my plan, TNHarleys solution to the immigration problem | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum you will notice I point that out and how I would handle that as well.

I read it. Much to agree with. But....I don't accept your take that these fine people are here to drain our resources or don't have respect for themselves. That's where you and I part ways. If you began to speak of these people as though they were your equal, you might start to get some thinking people on board.
That's they way I see it with some of them. I cant help it, they do it..

Some?

when i hire someone, they fill out the W4 form, then i pay them as well as their payroll taxes.

employers are not immigration agencies...

Recordkeeping Requirements

After the employee completes and signs the Form W-4, you must keep it in your records for at least 4 years (See Publication 15, (Circular E), Employer's Tax Guide)). This form serves as verification that you are withholding federal income tax according to the employee's instructions and needs to be available for inspection should the IRS ever request it. Form W-4 is still subject to review. You may be directed (in a written notice or in future published guidance) to send certain Forms W-4 to the IRS. You must be able to supply a hardcopy of an electronic Form W-4.

Tax Topics - Topic 753 Form W-4 – Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate

They will be in Indiana...it's easy to confirm a social, my mom has done it for years

that's not the role of an employer, nor should it be...

Social Security: 5 Surprising Facts About Noncitizens and Benefits -- The Motley Fool

It is the roll of an employer to follow and obey the law.

Just like all other laws that employers have to follow.

If you're too lazy to do a credible check on your employees, it is the law you know, then you shouldn't be hiring people.

If you don't do that check simply because you want to hire undocumented people to pay them less and not follow standard labor laws, then you shouldn't be in business.

Look at this! The nutbags want to take credit for a liberal idea. Isn't that cute.

The first guy to lose his license would be Trump.
what liberal idea?

Dude.....

Liberals have been suggesting that we penalize those who hire undocumented immigrants for years. The idea has been met with opposition from conservatives.

Go ahead....pretend that isn't true.
So when did liberals want everyone to have an id? So since now liberals want everyone to have an Id, we can now have voter id requirements now?

How long before the citizens of Indiana start complaining about outrageous labor costs and $10-a-head lettuce?

Why is it acceptable to pay people way below minimum wage just because they pick produce and vegetables?

If the real and honest price of a head of lettuce is 10 dollars then that's what people should pay.

It's not right to force people to live on extremely low wages just because they pick food and are here illegally.

Why should agribusiness be able to pay those low wages? Most other employers can't. What makes them so special that they're exempted from minimum wage laws and are allowed to hire undocumented people instead of Americans who need the jobs?
Nobody is FORCING them to work for that amount. They accept the job. They aren't slaves, you know..
I would rather them not work at all and go home.

when i hire someone, they fill out the W4 form, then i pay them as well as their payroll taxes.

After the employee completes and signs the Form W-4, you must keep it in your records for at least 4 years (See Publication 15, (Circular E), Employer's Tax Guide)). This form serves as verification that you are withholding federal income tax according to the employee's instructions and needs to be available for inspection should the IRS ever request it. Form W-4 is still subject to review. You may be directed (in a written notice or in future published guidance) to send certain Forms W-4 to the IRS. You must be able to supply a hardcopy of an electronic Form W-4.

They will be in Indiana...it's easy to confirm a social, my mom has done it for years

Social Security: 5 Surprising Facts About Noncitizens and Benefits -- The Motley Fool

If you're too lazy to do a credible check on your employees, it is the law you know, then you shouldn't be hiring people.

If you don't do that check simply because you want to hire undocumented people to pay them less and not follow standard labor laws, then you shouldn't be in business.

again i ask, since the legal requirements already exist, what's the new law going to change?

1. Many noncitizens living in the U.S. can get Social Security benefits
2. Even noncitizens who leave the U.S. can still get Social Security benefits under certain circumstances
4. The IRS makes sure it gets its share of Social Security payments to nonresident aliens

Since using the SSA employer online services would be considered reasonable and is free you are wrong. To use your analogy, it would be like sticking my social in and getting immediate gun purchasing clearance.

wrong about what? that an illegal might be inclined to give false info and completely fool the system?

I have answered your question three times now. Four going to be the charm?

maybe you could answer, since using the SSA employer online services would be considered reasonable, how would a new law change anything? how would a new law change what an employer is already held responsible for?

Yes all employers are supposed to do that. Not all do.

However this law isn't changing what an employer already does.

It changes how the state treats an employer who breaks the law.

That's very different.

When an employer knows that nothing will happen to them if they don't follow the law, that employer doesn't follow the law.

If an employer knows they will be put out of business they will go out of their way to follow the law.

Most business only does what is barely legal and most profitable. Not what's right or completely legal.

again i ask, since the legal requirements already exist, what's the new law going to change?

1. Many noncitizens living in the U.S. can get Social Security benefits
2. Even noncitizens who leave the U.S. can still get Social Security benefits under certain circumstances
4. The IRS makes sure it gets its share of Social Security payments to nonresident aliens

Why are you worried about it then, and arguing against it ?

Try that defense in court when the judge calls you the defendant and see how that works!

If you have an SS card issued to someone named Swen Anderson and the job applicant looks like Idi Amin, or Pancho Villa, you might want to not hire them.

Discrimination will get you sued out of business by EEOC, ACLU, Atty General, etc.

How is that discrimination? It the ID doesn't match the person, that is reasonable suspicion to look further.

If the ID doesn't match the person then that person has broken the law.

That's not discrimination.

That's the person breaking the law and is a criminal.

so you wish to criminalize American business owners in order to stop 'illegals' from being productive workers in America?

so you wish to criminalize American business owners in order to stop 'illegals' from being productive workers in America?

If you read the source, it mentions losing one's license on the third offense. It is not some new concept "criminalizing" the employer it is making a state law version.

Look at this! The nutbags want to take credit for a liberal idea. Isn't that cute.

what liberal idea?

Dude.....

Liberals have been suggesting that we penalize those who hire undocumented immigrants for years. The idea has been met with opposition from conservatives.

So when did liberals want everyone to have an id? So since now liberals want everyone to have an Id, we can now have voter id requirements now?

Fool.

what liberal idea?

Dude.....

Fool.
Looking in the mirror when you thought that up? What part of what I said was untrue? I was just asking if liberals always wanted stricter immigration laws. Everyone would need an id, but liberals are against that. So I just proved you're full of shit.

If you read the source, it mentions losing one's license on the third offense. It is not some new concept "criminalizing" the employer it is making a state law version.

yes, and trying to make the bureaucracy more local will not help anybody, except maybe a few pandering politicians.

further, it would actually most likely make things worse for local communities imo.

Forum List

Back