Hire an illegal, lose your business license

Common sense law and a state doing what the feds refuse to do.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License – State Bill Puts Americans First

A new bill introduced in the Indiana General Assembly on Thursday could finally mark the beginning of responsible, citizen-first labor policies in the United States. While the federal government consistently chooses to defy the will and the interests of the people, state governments in many ways still maintain the ability to act on our behalf, if they choose to do so.

The legislation, Senate Bill 285, would be among the strictest in the nation, allowing judges to strip employers of their business licenses upon a third violation of knowingly hiring an illegal alien, already a violation of federal immigration law.

The bill was introduced by State Senator Mike Delph, a Republican representing Carmel, in order to “take away the jobs magnet and remove the financial incentive of unscrupulous business people who profit off of illegal immigration.”

Two of his fellow Republican colleagues have already signed onto the bill, including key Senate Pensions and Labor Committee Chairman Phil Boots of Crawfordville. His committee must pass the measure prior to a full Senate vote.

This is an obvious piece of America-first legislation, the kind of concept that is so difficult for the US Congress to grasp, preferring to simply do nothing, fund amnesty and cast meaningless show votes. They claim to oppose illegal aliens taking American jobs and driving down wages but their actions tell a much different story.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License - State Bill Puts Americans First, Illegals In A Moving Van ⋆ UFP NEWS
This is the first time other than Thom hartmann I've heard anyone acknowledge who the real criminals are. We have an illegal employer problem not an illegal immigrant problem in America.

A new bill introduced in the Indiana General Assembly on Thursday could finally mark the beginning of responsible, citizen-first labor policies in the United States. While the federal government consistently chooses to defy the will and the interests of the people, state governments in many ways still maintain the ability to act on our behalf, if they choose to do so.

The legislation, Senate Bill 285, would be among the strictest in the nation, allowing judges to strip employers of their business licenses upon a third violation of knowingly hiring an illegal alien, already a violation of federal immigration law.

The bill was introduced by State Senator Mike Delph, a Republican representing Carmel, in order to “take away the jobs magnet and remove the financial incentive of unscrupulous business people who profit off of illegal immigration.”

Two of his fellow Republican colleagues have already signed onto the bill, including key Senate Pensions and Labor Committee Chairman Phil Boots of Crawfordville. His committee must pass the measure prior to a full Senate vote.

This is an obvious piece of America-first legislation, the kind of concept that is so difficult for the US Congress to grasp, preferring to simply do nothing, fund amnesty and cast meaningless show votes. They claim to oppose illegal aliens taking American jobs and driving down wages but their actions tell a much different story.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License - State Bill Puts Americans First, Illegals In A Moving Van ⋆ UFP NEWS
This is the first time other than Thom hartmann I've heard anyone acknowledge who the real criminals are. We have an illegal employer problem not an illegal immigrant problem in America.

If one is a problem the other is also a problem, so it would be both.

If one is a problem the other is also a problem, so it would be both.

I think you know what I mean

Fact is businesses in other countries wouldn't dare hire illegals. For some reason in America corporations feel they can break the law. Probably because gov turned a blind eye

Look at this! The nutbags want to take credit for a liberal idea. Isn't that cute.

The first guy to lose his license would be Trump.
what liberal idea?

Dude.....

Liberals have been suggesting that we penalize those who hire undocumented immigrants for years. The idea has been met with opposition from conservatives.

Go ahead....pretend that isn't true.
So when did liberals want everyone to have an id? So since now liberals want everyone to have an Id, we can now have voter id requirements now?

Fool.
Looking in the mirror when you thought that up? What part of what I said was untrue? I was just asking if liberals always wanted stricter immigration laws. Everyone would need an id, but liberals are against that. So I just proved you're full of shit.

You proved nothing.

There are no undocumented immigrants voting. The idea that you want voter ID to stop undocumented immigrants from voting is a crock of shit. If I were as dumb as you, I'd believe anything too.

Liberals always wanted fair immigration laws. We value the contribution that immigrants make to this nation. Dumb shit.

what liberal idea?

Dude.....

Liberals have been suggesting that we penalize those who hire undocumented immigrants for years. The idea has been met with opposition from conservatives.

So when did liberals want everyone to have an id? So since now liberals want everyone to have an Id, we can now have voter id requirements now?

Fool.
Looking in the mirror when you thought that up? What part of what I said was untrue? I was just asking if liberals always wanted stricter immigration laws. Everyone would need an id, but liberals are against that. So I just proved you're full of shit.

You proved nothing.

There are no undocumented immigrants voting. The idea that you want voter ID to stop undocumented immigrants from voting is a crock of shit. If I were as dumb as you, I'd believe anything too.

Liberals always wanted fair immigration laws. We value the contribution that immigrants make to this nation. Dumb shit.

LEGAL immigrants.

what could possibly go wrong...?

Q. A worker has presented an employer with a document that looks fake. Can an employer refuse to accept it without violating the anti-discrimination provision?

A. You may reject a document if it does not reasonably appear to be genuine or to relate to the person. However, you should not apply different levels of scrutiny to documents based on a worker's citizenship status or national origin. In this instance, the employer may ask the worker for different documentation if the request is based on the fact that the first document presented does not reasonably appear to be genuine. If a document is rejected, and the worker is not offered an opportunity to produce a different document, the worker may allege discriminatory document abuse. For further guidance, contact OSC.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) | CRT | Department of Justice

so you wish to criminalize American business owners in order to stop 'illegals' from being productive workers in America?

If you read the source, it mentions losing one's license on the third offense. It is not some new concept "criminalizing" the employer it is making a state law version.

yes, and trying to make the bureaucracy more local will not help anybody, except maybe a few pandering politicians.

further, it would actually most likely make things worse for local communities imo.

Who is more likely to find an illegal employee and do something about it? That seems to be local not federal. As businesses must register their employees for state taxes and worker's compensation, there is no extra bureaucracy.

what liberal idea?

Dude.....

Fool.

You proved nothing.

To work legally in the united states you need an Id and a social security card. I was saying you said that liberals has been trying for years to toughen the work requirements. So therefore everyone should have an id. So I said you were full of shit because your against everyone having to be required to have an id.

Q. A worker has presented an employer with a document that looks fake. Can an employer refuse to accept it without violating the anti-discrimination provision?

A. You may reject a document if it does not reasonably appear to be genuine or to relate to the person. However, you should not apply different levels of scrutiny to documents based on a worker's citizenship status or national origin. In this instance, the employer may ask the worker for different documentation if the request is based on the fact that the first document presented does not reasonably appear to be genuine. If a document is rejected, and the worker is not offered an opportunity to produce a different document, the worker may allege discriminatory document abuse. For further guidance, contact OSC.

Just funny how fast you right wingers start defending the source of the problem when we change the argument from illegal immigrants to illegal employers?

So don't say you want to solve our illegal immigration problem if you don't want to attack the root of our problem you disingenuous fuck

so you wish to criminalize American business owners in order to stop 'illegals' from being productive workers in America?

If you read the source, it mentions losing one's license on the third offense. It is not some new concept "criminalizing" the employer it is making a state law version.

yes, and trying to make the bureaucracy more local will not help anybody, except maybe a few pandering politicians.

further, it would actually most likely make things worse for local communities imo.

Who is more likely to find an illegal employee and do something about it? That seems to be local not federal. As businesses must register their employees for state taxes and worker's compensation, there is no extra bureaucracy.
Irs

I think the third strike is too lenient in my opinion and it should after the first violation. They are knowingly hiring illegals and should be slapped as hard as possible for breaking the law.

It would curb so much if the punishment would tell the individual if you do something that stupid your business is gone and there will be no second chance and they should have to wait ten years before being able to obtain another business license...

Just funny how fast you right wingers start defending the source of the problem when we change the argument from illegal immigrants to illegal employers?

So don't say you want to solve our illegal immigration problem if you don't want to attack the root of our problem you disingenuous fuck

Don't include me in your accusations ! I want employers thrown in jail who hire these fuckers !!!!

Work raids went from 400 a year in1999 to 4 in 2001. Federal should be fighting this too. Too many Republican governors won't do shit to the corporations that own them.

You all admit government is corrupt but just not your GOP government, right? It's richous and not corrupted by money.

I'm so glad you posted this. Look at all the illegal employer excuse makers apologists and defenders are coming out of the closet. I thought the right wanted illegals to leave? Now they're talking about $10 lettuce. Lol

Now we will go back to arguing with 2007 Republicans. Republicans before trump. BT. Lol

go ahead and link to me ever posting any such thing, speaking of disingenuous fucks.

then read the post you were responding to and let's see if you can give an answer sans spittle...

The real solution would be take take the house or apartment from the owners. Then the problem would go away.

Forum List

Back