Hire an illegal, lose your business license

Yes. Indiana currently tends to vote Republican. That doesn't mean Hoosiers support their every idea coming out of the statehouse. That's a bit of a no true Scotsman. Keep in mind the person sponsoring this bill isn't particularly well liked by his colleagues to begin with. He is pretty controversial for a state senator. That's why he was stripped of his titles and forced to sit with the minority Democrats and in the back. I don't really see it passing without the license revocation being removed. It was pulled the last time and replaced with tax penalties.

I don't know much about him so I can't really comment on him
I believe there are issues that are a lot more important than employment of illegal immigrants when they only make up 2 percent of the workforce in a state that already has low unemployment This is definitely an issue for other places. Just not Indiana and not right now.
So Indiana is a sanctuary city. Got it

Indiana is one of Obama's 57 states.

Republicans will abandon this thread once they realize what hypocrites they're being on this issue.

One day they pretend they want illegals to go the next they defend the traitors who employ them. They should have their business' closed and they should be castrated.

Republicans will abandon this thread once they realize what hypocrites they're being on this issue.

One day they pretend they want illegals to go the next they defend the traitors who employ them. They should have their business' closed and they should be castrated.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm all for throwing employers in jail and throwing away the key !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN I MAKE IT CLEARER ?

As I mentioned earlier, I'm all for throwing employers in jail and throwing away the key !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN I MAKE IT CLEARER ?
I'm glad you're with me

when i hire someone, they fill out the W4 form, then i pay them as well as their payroll taxes.

employers are not immigration agencies...

Recordkeeping Requirements

After the employee completes and signs the Form W-4, you must keep it in your records for at least 4 years (See Publication 15, (Circular E), Employer's Tax Guide)). This form serves as verification that you are withholding federal income tax according to the employee's instructions and needs to be available for inspection should the IRS ever request it. Form W-4 is still subject to review. You may be directed (in a written notice or in future published guidance) to send certain Forms W-4 to the IRS. You must be able to supply a hardcopy of an electronic Form W-4.

Tax Topics - Topic 753 Form W-4 – Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate

They will be in Indiana...it's easy to confirm a social, my mom has done it for years

that's not the role of an employer, nor should it be...

Social Security: 5 Surprising Facts About Noncitizens and Benefits -- The Motley Fool

It is the roll of an employer to follow and obey the law.

Just like all other laws that employers have to follow.

If you're too lazy to do a credible check on your employees, it is the law you know, then you shouldn't be hiring people.

If you don't do that check simply because you want to hire undocumented people to pay them less and not follow standard labor laws, then you shouldn't be in business.

again i ask, since the legal requirements already exist, what's the new law going to change?

Social Security: 5 Surprising Facts About Noncitizens and Benefits -- The Motley Fool

1. Many noncitizens living in the U.S. can get Social Security benefits
2. Even noncitizens who leave the U.S. can still get Social Security benefits under certain circumstances
4. The IRS makes sure it gets its share of Social Security payments to nonresident aliens

It doesn't change any law we have now.

It changes the penalty for violating the law.

If business owners know they will lose their license and not be able to stay in business, they will go out of their way to not hire an undocumented worker.

When those undocumented workers can't find jobs, they won't stay here and very few, if any, will come here in the first place.

That's how it will change things.

There are no undocumented immigrants voting. ...

You don't know that.

By the way, it's "illegal aliens."

I do know that. We all know that.

And...it's undocumented immigrants. Unless you suddenly don't care about the way words can impact the discussion. .

You DON'T know that.

I do care. It's "illegal aliens."

I do know that. ..

No, you don't.

You don't know that.

And...it's undocumented immigrants. Unless you suddenly don't care about the way words can impact the discussion. .

You DON'T know that.

I do know that. ..

No, you don't.

Of course I do. True story.

You don't know that.

You DON'T know that.

I do know that. It's been investigated. It's a non issue. Try learning.

You want to call people "aliens". It's fun for you...

Wrong again. There is nothing "fun" about it, nor do I use it for gratuitous denigration. Don't make a fool of yourself by pressing that lie any further.

You don't know that.

You DON'T know that.

You want to call people "aliens". It's fun for you. Just like its fun for others to call developmentally disabled people "retards". ..

False comparison, of course. Very DNC of you.

You don't know that.

You DON'T know that.

I do know that. ..

No, you don't.

Of course I do. True story.

Read the words and try to apply some logic for once.

Common sense law and a state doing what the feds refuse to do.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License – State Bill Puts Americans First

A new bill introduced in the Indiana General Assembly on Thursday could finally mark the beginning of responsible, citizen-first labor policies in the United States. While the federal government consistently chooses to defy the will and the interests of the people, state governments in many ways still maintain the ability to act on our behalf, if they choose to do so.

The legislation, Senate Bill 285, would be among the strictest in the nation, allowing judges to strip employers of their business licenses upon a third violation of knowingly hiring an illegal alien, already a violation of federal immigration law.

The bill was introduced by State Senator Mike Delph, a Republican representing Carmel, in order to “take away the jobs magnet and remove the financial incentive of unscrupulous business people who profit off of illegal immigration.”

Two of his fellow Republican colleagues have already signed onto the bill, including key Senate Pensions and Labor Committee Chairman Phil Boots of Crawfordville. His committee must pass the measure prior to a full Senate vote.

This is an obvious piece of America-first legislation, the kind of concept that is so difficult for the US Congress to grasp, preferring to simply do nothing, fund amnesty and cast meaningless show votes. They claim to oppose illegal aliens taking American jobs and driving down wages but their actions tell a much different story.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License - State Bill Puts Americans First, Illegals In A Moving Van ⋆ UFP NEWS
This is the first time other than Thom hartmann I've heard anyone acknowledge who the real criminals are. We have an illegal employer problem not an illegal immigrant problem in America.i

If you read my post you would have read the same thing.

I've been saying for years that we don't have an illegal immigrant problem. We have an illegal employer problem.

I don't know what the problem is with most people. It's logical to me.

The employers are breaking the law. If they knew they would lose their license or even go to jail, they would go out of their way to hire only legal documented workers.

You don't know that.

You DON'T know that.

Wrong again. There is nothing "fun" about it, nor do I use it for gratuitous denigration. Don't make a fool of yourself by pressing that lie any further.

Of course you use it to denigrate. If you were just using it as a matter of course, you wouldn't have made a point of correcting the term I used.....which is every bit as accurate. You think my term is incorrect.....because it doesn't denigrate.

You don't know that.

You DON'T know that.

Of course you use it to denigrate. If you were just using it as a matter of course, you wouldn't have made a point of correcting the term I used.....which is every bit as accurate. You think my term is incorrect.....because it doesn't denigrate.
How do say in a nice way get the fuck out? How do you say it in Spanish? Chinese?

You don't know that.

You DON'T know that.

....because it doesn't denigrate.

Your term is used to obfuscate. Don't try to pretend it's anything else.

You DON'T know that.

How do say in a nice way get the fuck out? How do you say it in Spanish? Chinese?

You really want to know?

what could possibly go wrong...?

Q. A worker has presented an employer with a document that looks fake. Can an employer refuse to accept it without violating the anti-discrimination provision?

A. You may reject a document if it does not reasonably appear to be genuine or to relate to the person. However, you should not apply different levels of scrutiny to documents based on a worker's citizenship status or national origin. In this instance, the employer may ask the worker for different documentation if the request is based on the fact that the first document presented does not reasonably appear to be genuine. If a document is rejected, and the worker is not offered an opportunity to produce a different document, the worker may allege discriminatory document abuse. For further guidance, contact OSC.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) | CRT | Department of Justice
Just funny how fast you right wingers start defending the source of the problem when we change the argument from illegal immigrants to illegal employers?

So don't say you want to solve our illegal immigration problem if you don't want to attack the root of our problem you disingenuous fuck
The real solution would be take take the house or apartment from the owners. Then the problem would go away.

So you advocate that criminals don't get prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

You do realize that it's a state and federal crime to hire an undocumented worker.

When a person violates the law they're a criminal. Those employers are criminals and should face real consequences for their crimes.

Of course you use it to denigrate....

No, you lying sack of crap, I do not.
Oh yes we all saw you denigrate you denigrated.

Hey, I thought about vision quest and I wanted to ask you if you love that movie. We use to watch it back in high school before tournaments. Those were the days. How did we wrestle so many matches in one Saturday? How many matches does a high school wrestler wrestle on one Saturday. Assuming you reach the finals. 4 or 5 matches? I remember worrying when matches went the distance and I'd go sleep between matches.

You don't know that.

You DON'T know that.

We need to denigrate people that sneak into our country and break our laws.
They deserve that and much more !

Forum List

Back