Hire an illegal, lose your business license

Common sense law and a state doing what the feds refuse to do.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License – State Bill Puts Americans First

A new bill introduced in the Indiana General Assembly on Thursday could finally mark the beginning of responsible, citizen-first labor policies in the United States. While the federal government consistently chooses to defy the will and the interests of the people, state governments in many ways still maintain the ability to act on our behalf, if they choose to do so.

The legislation, Senate Bill 285, would be among the strictest in the nation, allowing judges to strip employers of their business licenses upon a third violation of knowingly hiring an illegal alien, already a violation of federal immigration law.

The bill was introduced by State Senator Mike Delph, a Republican representing Carmel, in order to “take away the jobs magnet and remove the financial incentive of unscrupulous business people who profit off of illegal immigration.”

Two of his fellow Republican colleagues have already signed onto the bill, including key Senate Pensions and Labor Committee Chairman Phil Boots of Crawfordville. His committee must pass the measure prior to a full Senate vote.

This is an obvious piece of America-first legislation, the kind of concept that is so difficult for the US Congress to grasp, preferring to simply do nothing, fund amnesty and cast meaningless show votes. They claim to oppose illegal aliens taking American jobs and driving down wages but their actions tell a much different story.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License - State Bill Puts Americans First, Illegals In A Moving Van ⋆ UFP NEWS
I'm so glad you posted this. Look at all the illegal employer excuse makers apologists and defenders are coming out of the closet. I thought the right wanted illegals to leave? Now they're talking about $10 lettuce. Lol

Now we will go back to arguing with 2007 Republicans. Republicans before trump. BT. Lol

I think you're confused, as usual, it seems both sides of the aisle wants something done about it.

Who is more likely to find an illegal employee and do something about it? That seems to be local not federal. As businesses must register their employees for state taxes and worker's compensation, there is no extra bureaucracy.

all states need to be on the same legal page or else we open up a huge can of worms...

so you wish to criminalize American business owners in order to stop 'illegals' from being productive workers in America?

If you read the source, it mentions losing one's license on the third offense. It is not some new concept "criminalizing" the employer it is making a state law version.

yes, and trying to make the bureaucracy more local will not help anybody, except maybe a few pandering politicians.

further, it would actually most likely make things worse for local communities imo.

Who is more likely to find an illegal employee and do something about it? That seems to be local not federal. As businesses must register their employees for state taxes and worker's compensation, there is no extra bureaucracy.
Work raids went from 400 a year in1999 to 4 in 2001. Federal should be fighting this too. Too many Republican governors won't do shit to the corporations that own them.

You all admit government is corrupt but just not your GOP government, right? It's richous [sic] and not corrupted by money.

If you wanted a Conspiracy Forum thread, why not just start it there in the first place?

A new bill introduced in the Indiana General Assembly on Thursday could finally mark the beginning of responsible, citizen-first labor policies in the United States. While the federal government consistently chooses to defy the will and the interests of the people, state governments in many ways still maintain the ability to act on our behalf, if they choose to do so.

The legislation, Senate Bill 285, would be among the strictest in the nation, allowing judges to strip employers of their business licenses upon a third violation of knowingly hiring an illegal alien, already a violation of federal immigration law.

The bill was introduced by State Senator Mike Delph, a Republican representing Carmel, in order to “take away the jobs magnet and remove the financial incentive of unscrupulous business people who profit off of illegal immigration.”

Two of his fellow Republican colleagues have already signed onto the bill, including key Senate Pensions and Labor Committee Chairman Phil Boots of Crawfordville. His committee must pass the measure prior to a full Senate vote.

This is an obvious piece of America-first legislation, the kind of concept that is so difficult for the US Congress to grasp, preferring to simply do nothing, fund amnesty and cast meaningless show votes. They claim to oppose illegal aliens taking American jobs and driving down wages but their actions tell a much different story.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License - State Bill Puts Americans First, Illegals In A Moving Van ⋆ UFP NEWS
I'm so glad you posted this. Look at all the illegal employer excuse makers apologists and defenders are coming out of the closet. I thought the right wanted illegals to leave? Now they're talking about $10 lettuce. Lol

Now we will go back to arguing with 2007 Republicans. Republicans before trump. BT. Lol

I think you're confused, as usual, it seems both sides of the aisle wants something done about it.
I think it has more to do with Senator Delph wanting Dan Coat's Senate seat than anything else.

I think it has more to do with Senator Delph wanting Dan Coat's Senate seat than anything else.

I didn't know he was running for Coat's seat. I'm willing to bet the good people of Indiana support the law though

Problem is you can't find out someone is illegal until AFTER you hire them. Government will not verify SS# until they are employees.

I didn't know he was running for Coat's seat. I'm willing to bet the good people of Indiana support the law though
Senator Coats isn't running for reelection and State Senator Delph has national aspirations. He wanted Senator Lugar's seat but backed out at the last minute and the nomination went to Treasurer Mourdock. Illegal immigration isn't exactly a pressing issue in Indiana. There aren't that many illegal immigrants and even fewer in the workforce. Unemployment is low too, with worker shortages in some areas. If Senate Bill 285 ends up becoming law it will be the result of the national conversation about immigration rather than the situation in Indiana. It is still too early to tell how people feel about this proposal.

Senator Coats isn't running for reelection and State Senator Delph has national aspirations. He wanted Senator Lugar's seat but backed out at the last minute and the nomination went to Treasurer Mourdock. Illegal immigration isn't exactly a pressing issue in Indiana. There aren't that many illegal immigrants and even fewer in the workforce. Unemployment is low too, with worker shortages in some areas. If Senate Bill 285 ends up becoming law it will be the result of the national conversation about immigration rather than the situation in Indiana. It is still too early to tell how people feel about this proposal.

I was born and raised in Indiana, I doubt a true Hoosier is going to feel anything but good about the bill. Indiana is a deep red state (outside of Indy and probably Gary), conservative values run deep

Yes. Indiana currently tends to vote Republican. That doesn't mean Hoosiers support their every idea coming out of the statehouse. That's a bit of a no true Scotsman. Keep in mind the person sponsoring this bill isn't particularly well liked by his colleagues to begin with. He is pretty controversial for a state senator. That's why he was stripped of his titles and forced to sit with the minority Democrats and in the back. I don't really see it passing without the license revocation being removed. It was pulled the last time and replaced with tax penalties.

Yes. Indiana currently tends to vote Republican. That doesn't mean Hoosiers support their every idea coming out of the statehouse. That's a bit of a no true Scotsman. Keep in mind the person sponsoring this bill isn't particularly well liked by his colleagues to begin with. He is pretty controversial for a state senator. That's why he was stripped of his titles and forced to sit with the minority Democrats and in the back. I don't really see it passing without the license revocation being removed. It was pulled the last time and replaced with tax penalties.
Slap on the wrist if caught? That's the GOP plan?

I don't know much about him so I can't really comment on him

There are no undocumented immigrants voting. ...

You don't know that.

By the way, it's "illegal aliens."

I do know that. We all know that.

And...it's undocumented immigrants. Unless you suddenly don't care about the way words can impact the discussion. .

You DON'T know that.

I do care. It's "illegal aliens."

I do know that. It's been investigated. It's a non issue. Try learning.

You want to call people "aliens". It's fun for you. Just like its fun for others to call developmentally disabled people "retards". You get your weak assed panties in a wad over one of those.

I believe there are issues that are a lot more important than employment of illegal immigrants when they only make up 2 percent of the workforce in a state that already has low unemployment This is definitely an issue for other places. Just not Indiana and not right now.

I believe there are issues that are a lot more important than employment of illegal immigrants when they only make up 2 percent of the workforce in a state that already has low unemployment This is definitely an issue for other places. Just not Indiana and not right now.
So Indiana is a sanctuary city. Got it

If they are illegal they are illegal and shouldn't be working in the US

Forum List

Back