Hiroshima....

We did firebomb Tokyo and there was nothing in either place we used nukes that mattered. That's why we used the bombs there, not Tokyo.

wrong. those were prime untouched targets used for the test
We had the Vietnam War won by the summer of '68...nothing between us and Hanoi up Highway 1...and Johnston lost his nerve. Another democRAT who should have been hanged on the South Lawn of the WH.

the Tet offensive. we beat em to pulp. I was over there when Johnson sent the bombing halt order.cause of pressure back here. they rearm resupply and hello Nam2
The targets were so important that one wasn't used because the Sec. Of War had his honeymoon there. Grow up, people.

would you have a honeymoon in a war zone?? i really believe you would if you can find A woman
His personal feelings are why it wasn't nuked. Want to tell me again how we had to drop the nukes where we did?

we told you. take off the colored glass's and read
We wanted to show off our new toys and did. Had we waited we would have lost our chance.

And glasses is spelled glasses.

Last edited:
Actually after the emperor decided to announce Japan's surrender after the Nagasaki bomb a group of military officers tried to overthrow him to prevent the surrender from being broadcast preferring to fight to the end rather than suffer in their mind the dishonor of surrender.
So, who was in charge them, he or they?

And they were soon to surrender anyway. We just wanted to show off our new toys and we couldn't drop them on Tokyo, we might have killed people who mattered, so when we went more off the grid.

look at it this way reprobate, if your daddy was killed in the invasion we're not stuck with your sorry ass here
If we had waited instead of showing off lots of Japanese kids would be walking the earth today.
Look retard the Japanese NEVER offered to surrender. They offered a ceasefire and return to the start lines except in China. The Japanese Government was prepared to allow their people to starve to death to save face.
The Japanese not being pussies is why we had to become terrorists?
No surrender meant a November Invasion with projected casualties of 1 million on our side. It would have been worse on the Japanese civilians ordered to charge machine guns with bamboo spears. There would have been millions of dead Japanese. The bombs saved lives.

And they were soon to surrender anyway. We just wanted to show off our new toys and we couldn't drop them on Tokyo, we might have killed people who mattered, so when we went more off the grid.

look at it this way reprobate, if your daddy was killed in the invasion we're not stuck with your sorry ass here
If we had waited instead of showing off lots of Japanese kids would be walking the earth today.
Look retard the Japanese NEVER offered to surrender. They offered a ceasefire and return to the start lines except in China. The Japanese Government was prepared to allow their people to starve to death to save face.
No surrender meant a November Invasion with projected casualties of 1 million on our side. It would have been worse on the Japanese civilians ordered to charge machine guns with bamboo spears. There would have been millions of dead Japanese. The bombs saved lives.
That's the American lie alright.

Byrne's and Stimpson convinced Truman to the drop it. warning if he didn't and the invasion went forward millions would die. after the grieving families find out Truman had the bomb he, Truman would be impeached.

Terrorism can work. It sure did there.

Not really....they didn't quit until we nuked Nagasaki and probably still wouldn't have quit if they'd known we only had two A-bombs.
They were going to surrender even before we dropped the bombs, we were just showing off for the Russians. But these two acts of terrorism sealed the deal.

Ridiculous.

Actually no, dropping those bombs was about the pecking order of world power post the end of the war. For all the blathering on about nuclear war, weaponry, who should be allowed to have and who should not; the US is the only nation ever to use nuclear weapons of this magnatude - and on civilian populations.

And then have the cheek to tell others they can't have nukes because they might... use them on people... like the US did.

Actually after the emperor decided to announce Japan's surrender after the Nagasaki bomb a group of military officers tried to overthrow him to prevent the surrender from being broadcast preferring to fight to the end rather than suffer in their mind the dishonor of surrender.

you can't see the Forrest because of the trees. im finished with you

Not really....they didn't quit until we nuked Nagasaki and probably still wouldn't have quit if they'd known we only had two A-bombs.
They were going to surrender even before we dropped the bombs, we were just showing off for the Russians. But these two acts of terrorism sealed the deal.

No, they weren't. Even after the second bomb was dropped the militarists launched a coup attempt to try and prevent the surrender. You have no clue what you're talking about. The military rulers wanted the Japanese to fight to the death. They even went so far as to mass produce pole bayonets (to be used to make spears) for the Japanese civilians to use on the beaches in a hope to get under our superior firepower.

Read some history.

okinawa-2014-navy-underground-recovered-wwii-artifacts-from-the-tunnels.jpg
okinawa-2014-navy-underground-improvised-bayonet-using-a-knife-and-wooded-pole.jpg
I've read the history which is why I said what I said.

I have no idea what you have read, but whatever it was, it wasn't based on fact.
The facts aren't American spin on why we had to use weapons of terror.

No, the facts are the facts. The Japanese were not going to surrender. The Emperor wanted to, but Tojo refused. And as Tojo was dictator what he wanted ruled the day. We got a taste of what they were planning for on the home islands with their actions on Saipan where they wanted the civilians to either fight or die by suicide. The two nukes easily saved 500,000 US casualties. Others estimate more but I am going for the conservative estimate. They also saved over a million Japanese. These estimates are based on well known factual evidence.

Like I said, I have no idea what drivel you've been reading (probably a bunch of Zinn derived crap) but the real historians have supported their estimates with well known Japanese source material.

"Another democRAT blah blah blah ...."

Yes hon, it does.

Your desire to rewrite history is dull

Bitching about a political party in america isn't history son.

I was talking about the Vietnam war, you keep bringing up party. I said both LBJ and Nixon fucked up. You're so obsessed with party you hear nothing else

You forgot about Kennedy.

Kennedy sent advisers, not combat troops. What did I forget about him?

In the real world those advisers were armed and dangerous. Kennedy inherited 700 advisers in Vietnam and increased that number to 16,000 before he was assassinated. Do you think the 5000+ advisers presently in Iraq sit at a desk and give orders?

Last edited:
Your desire to rewrite history is dull

I was talking about the Vietnam war, you keep bringing up party. I said both LBJ and Nixon fucked up. You're so obsessed with party you hear nothing else

In the real world those advisers were armed and dangerous. Kennedy inherited 700 advisers in Vietnam and increased that number to 16,000 before he was assassinated. Do you think the 5000+ advisers presently in Iraq sit at a desk and give orders?

Yes, that's what they do. They also send out for donuts for the office on Fridays. What point are you trying to make? You thought when I said LBJ and Tricky Dick fucked up my point was it was those two and no one but those two and everyone else farts lilacs? What?

Yes, that's what they do. They also send out for donuts for the office on Fridays. What point are you trying to make? You thought when I said LBJ and Tricky Dick fucked up my point was it was those two and no one but those two and everyone else farts lilacs? What?

I only noticed that you put the blame on two out of three that were responsible for the Vietnam war.

I only noticed that you put the blame on two out of three that were responsible for the Vietnam war.

Exactly, just an anal nit. Re-read my post. I didn't say no one else had anything to do with it. But to compare the level of Kennedy to the other two is ridiculous. So if you're saying Kennedy equals the other two I'm laughing at you, if you're saying he contributed to it but to a lesser degree, then I just addressed it, didn't I?

Exactly, just an anal nit. Re-read my post. I didn't say no one else had anything to do with it. But to compare the level of Kennedy to the other two is ridiculous. So if you're saying Kennedy equals the other two I'm laughing at you, if you're saying he contributed to it but to a lesser degree, then I just addressed it, didn't I?

Sorry to disagree, but Kennedy inherited 700 advisers and ended up with 16,000 in country. That is a HUGE contribution in my opinion.

Sorry to disagree, but Kennedy inherited 700 advisers and ended up with 16,000 in country. That is a HUGE contribution in my opinion.

Swish

The point was whether you are comparing Kennedy to LBJ and Nixon or not. You evaded the question ... again

The America-haters here delight in trying to make our enemies into tragic figures....they twist facts around until nobody knows what to believe.....Fifth columnists and they don't even know how they're being used.
Don't try to make acts of terrorism worthy. It might work, like our use of terrorism in Japan, but it's never worthy.

Japan attacked us. That was not terrorism. Only in your delusional mind.

Forum List

Back