🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Historic Notre-Dame cathedral on fire

"Water-dropping aircraft have not been used at Notre Dame because dumping water on the building could cause the whole structure to collapse, France's civil security agency says"

This isn't the first time a nation facing a disaster has had to take time out of managing it to respond to an uninformed (and unsolicited) opinion by President Trump.
--------------------------- Maybe the French don't understand American style FREE SPEECH BBro

They're just letting it burn. They haven't even tried to save it.

I can't believe it.
Oh? No one is fighting the fire? You standing with that?
It took firefighters two hours to get there!

Yep. That is an epic fail right there. Most of it had been torched by the time they showed up with fire fighting equipment. Some first responders showed up earlier on site, but stood around watching due to lack of equipment.
I haven’t been there but they said it sits on an island! Is that true?
I believe the water is on three sides of it, but there are several roads and land all around it.
Why not water cannons from ships?
I cannot imagine France doesn't have solid fire fighting capability??

i have HOPES but No Fears BFlag .
You hope terrorists successfully pulled off an attack, piss? Damn.
Some actually THINK while other go thru life with blinders, ignoring the obvious.
------------------------------------ Christian Easter Week , i'd bet 10 bucks i know how the fire started . The way this Historic building fire is being reported this is a pretty significant event and i'm also sure that there is lots of cheering going on in certain areas of the world and probably in France by certain groups . And as i said earlier , i don't trust the media , governments , officials to report the facts . Heck , just about every terrorist event the claim is made that the perpetrator was off kilter , off his meds and upset . Anyway , lets see what happens .

Whenever a catastrophe happens, the news for the first 48 hours is utter bullshit. I'll wait until a proper investigation can take place...although I am also skeptical regarding the honesty of the French government.
I'm not sure I will even accept their "official" explanation. We've seen many times how they play fast and loose with the facts.
Well groomed....very very well groomed.

In the 1960s another church named "Notre Dame" - a huge old landmark gothic structure- burned.

Notre Dame de Lourdes Church (Fall River, Massachusetts) - Wikipedia

It was started when a workman repairing the old lead roof overheated an area and the tinder-dry wood under it smoldered but did not burst into flame until hours later when there was nobody around to detect it.

The famous "Notre Dame" was undergoing renovations which included repairs to the lead roof which was supported byk tinder-dry ancient timbers.

Not saying that was the cause; merely pointing out the similarity and pondering whether anybody learns anything through experience.

Last edited:
ONE COMMENT ON CAUSE.....

2 hours after the blaze was going, when building was fully engulfed... French officials were already saying they "believe it was an accident".
Now...how the hell could they possibly know anything before investigators were within 100 yards of it, let alone make claims to how it started??

They're just letting it burn. They haven't even tried to save it.

I can't believe it.

Yep. That is an epic fail right there. Most of it had been torched by the time they showed up with fire fighting equipment. Some first responders showed up earlier on site, but stood around watching due to lack of equipment.
I believe the water is on three sides of it, but there are several roads and land all around it.
THere are....if you watch the reporting, they are very clear to see....pumping away.

THere are....if you watch the reporting, they are very clear to see....pumping away.
From what I saw in videos, that was hours later.
I don't know that, just from what I have seen.

Gas tanks and documents in Arabic were found in an unmarked car next to Notre Dame cathedral, sparking fresh terror fears and at least four arrests, according to French reports.

Daily Telegraph.

That article is from 2016.
Gas tanks and Arabic documents found in unmarked car by Paris' Notre Dame cathedral spark terror fears
Let’s pray there was not an attempt.

There have already been two foiled terror plots against the Strasbourg cathedral. The last one as recent as Christmas 2018.

What a horrible thing to see

Such an iconic historic structure
What have we lost? So much history, so much culture...

inside-notre-dame-cathedral.jpg
wpid-Photo-201403181539564.jpg

Last edited:
They are saying the structure will be salvageable, and the crown of thorns, as well as other art and statues were saved.

Hours late and after much of Notre Dame had already been destroyed.

Big Government in action!

That's true. The fire fighters with proper equipment showed up 2 hours after the fire started - but which time it was too late.

That's true. The fire fighters with proper equipment showed up 2 hours after the fire started - but which time it was too late.
Why would the fire department in a huge city like Paris show up 2 hours after their most famous cathedral caught fire? I don't believe this. Why? Give me a link to your source, please.

I was about to post a thread I did not know if you in America and Canada were getting this news.

DEPRESSING X 1000 news from this Continent tonight the MAJESTIC Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris is burning to the ground they do not know if they can save it. The French are literally ON THEIR KNEES outside it PRAYING AND CRYING RIGHT NOW. This is SO TERRIBLE I am going to cry, Notre Dame means SO MUCH to SO MANY, this is as if a family member is dying, it has been there for 850 YEARS through and SURVIVED WARS and now this::

Notre Dame fire: horrific damage but main structure saved – live news

I cannot believe this is even HAPPENING, I am superstitious and I am not the ONLY one who see this as a TERRIBLE OMEN for France, this is UNBELIEVABLE what is happening, I am VERY upset as I think MILLIONS of Europeans are right now this is worse than DEATH, Notre Dame means so much to us ALL, this is so fucked up and WRONG:

Firefighters battle to save Notre-Dame

Forum List

Back