🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Historic Notre-Dame cathedral on fire

Nothing lasts forever

True...and sadly we have lost the desire to create buildings like that anymore.
I am not sure we've lost the desire. I think it is human nature to create things like that. But with the way governments run our nations now, with laws and regulations, etc., I'm not sure the plan to build such an edifice would meet the standards of years of studies and litigation.

Fire breaks out at historic Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris | Daily Mail Online

What a beautiful old building!

12307278-6925015-Enormous_plumes_of_smoke_were_seen_rising_from_the_Cathedral_as_-m-11_1555348390235.jpg

D4NeCrmWsAAePPI.jpg

I was about to post a thread I did not know if you in America and Canada were getting this news.

DEPRESSING X 1000 news from this Continent tonight the MAJESTIC Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris is burning to the ground they do not know if they can save it. The French are literally ON THEIR KNEES outside it PRAYING AND CRYING RIGHT NOW. This is SO TERRIBLE I am going to cry, Notre Dame means SO MUCH to SO MANY, this is as if a family member is dying, it has been there for 850 YEARS through and SURVIVED WARS and now this::

Notre Dame fire: horrific damage but main structure saved – live news

I cannot believe this is even HAPPENING:

Firefighters battle to save Notre-Dame
Horrendous. Such a beautiful symbol of France and the Christian faith.

I haven’t been there but they said it sits on an island! Is that true?
I believe the water is on three sides of it, but there are several roads and land all around it.
Why not water cannons from ships?
I cannot imagine France doesn't have solid fire fighting capability??
THere are....if you watch the reporting, they are very clear to see....pumping away.
From what I saw in videos, that was hours later.
I don't know that, just from what I have seen.

That's true. The fire fighters with proper equipment showed up 2 hours after the fire started - but which time it was too late.
Why would the fire department in a huge city like Paris show up 2 hours after their most famous cathedral caught fire? I don't believe this. Why? Give me a link to your source, please.
They’re French firefighters. They may have been on strike today.

Last edited:
I believe the water is on three sides of it, but there are several roads and land all around it.
THere are....if you watch the reporting, they are very clear to see....pumping away.

That's true. The fire fighters with proper equipment showed up 2 hours after the fire started - but which time it was too late.
Why would the fire department in a huge city like Paris show up 2 hours after their most famous cathedral caught fire? I don't believe this. Why? Give me a link to your source, please.

I've been watching the news coverage on Fox. The fire equipment didn't show up until after two hours - and that's when they were able to start spraying the building with water. Note, if you try to check out timelines in the news, they start at 7:30pm Paris time, so the spin is in to try to cover this up.

There French firefighters. They may have been on strike today.

More likely bureaucratic incompetence. The fire started a bit before 6pm. The approved unionized government bureaucrat who could put the emergency response plan into action had already left the office.

Gas tanks and documents in Arabic were found in an unmarked car next to Notre Dame cathedral, sparking fresh terror fears and at least four arrests, according to French reports.

Daily Telegraph.

That article is from 2016.
Gas tanks and Arabic documents found in unmarked car by Paris' Notre Dame cathedral spark terror fears
Let’s pray there was not an attempt.

There have already been two foiled terror plots against the Strasbourg cathedral. The last one as recent as Christmas 2018.
I would not be surprised if this wasn’t an act of a terrorist. Why you can’t have open borders. If this was the act of an ISIS affiliate then France must blame themselves for not providing border security.

It's one of the lies being spread by CRCs.

I was about to post a thread I did not know if you in America and Canada were getting this news.

DEPRESSING X 1000 news from this Continent tonight the MAJESTIC Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris is burning to the ground they do not know if they can save it. The French are literally ON THEIR KNEES outside it PRAYING AND CRYING RIGHT NOW. This is SO TERRIBLE I am going to cry, Notre Dame means SO MUCH to SO MANY, this is as if a family member is dying, it has been there for 850 YEARS through and SURVIVED WARS and now this::

Notre Dame fire: horrific damage but main structure saved – live news

I cannot believe this is even HAPPENING:

Firefighters battle to save Notre-Dame
Horrendous. Such a beautiful symbol of France and the Christian faith.

Yes and yes, we are going now to visit our Priest we need an impromptu Mini Mass for Notre Dame, for our French Christian brothers and sisters I do not care that it is near to Midnight, this is like part of our Collective Soul being destroyed.

Our Lord, please have Mercy on us Sinners, please help us to continue to see The Light and please request of The Blessed Raphael the Archangel the Patron Saint of Healing to somehow WRAP his Emerald Light around Notre Dame tonight to heal what of it he can. Amen.

Gas tanks and documents in Arabic were found in an unmarked car next to Notre Dame cathedral, sparking fresh terror fears and at least four arrests, according to French reports.

Daily Telegraph.

Gas tanks and Arabic documents found in unmarked car by Paris' Notre Dame cathedral spark terror fears

There have already been two foiled terror plots against the Strasbourg cathedral. The last one as recent as Christmas 2018.
I would not be surprised if this wasn’t an act of a terrorist. Why you can’t have open borders. If this was the act of an ISIS affiliate then France must blame themselves for not providing border security.
Of course you wouldn't be surprised.....just like the federal building in Oklahoma City, right?

Who are you going to believe? French bureaucrats covering their asses or your own lying eyes?

I know what I saw, and it doesn't speak well for massive government bureaucracies.

Award to first loony liberal who blames disastrous Notre Dame fire on Trump.

WHO IS BLAMING TRUMP? He is a POS...but no arsonist...
He's an internationally renown fire fighting expert.
View attachment 256026
Why would you find any suggestion offensive? Oh, wait, President Trump made that suggestion so it must be condemned.
So you too think air tankers would have been a good idea.....:71:

Daily Telegraph.

Well, we shall see. There was a threat that German cathedrals were on the "list".

Daily Telegraph.

Of course you wouldn't be surprised.....just like the federal building in Oklahoma City, right?
We’ve come a long way since then and that was an isolated incident. Fundamentalist Islamic extremism has been on the rise for decades now. So I don’t see your point.

850 year old timbers equal bad bad fire. It took 57 acres of timber to build the cathedral and 200 years to complete it! It’s gone now.

The next person to troll and attempt to derail this thread with anti-Muslim bullshit is getting infracted and thread banned
Neil Cavuto just cut a phone in guest off when he tried to relate the anti Christian activities going on in Paris! So it’s worth keeping an open mind don’t you think?
Well...we should never forget what the muslims did in Oklahoma City to the Federal building.....for sure.
In a rush to defend a faith that teaches hate? Gutless wonder.

Who are you going to believe? French bureaucrats covering their asses or your own lying eyes?

I know what I saw, and it doesn't speak well for massive government bureaucracies.
I'm watching what's going on there.....are you? But please DO keep digging....:dig:

Forum List

Back