🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Historic Notre-Dame cathedral on fire

Yep. That is an epic fail right there. Most of it had been torched by the time they showed up with fire fighting equipment. Some first responders showed up earlier on site, but stood around watching due to lack of equipment.
I haven’t been there but they said it sits on an island! Is that true?
I believe the water is on three sides of it, but there are several roads and land all around it.
Why not water cannons from ships?
I cannot imagine France doesn't have solid fire fighting capability??
THere are....if you watch the reporting, they are very clear to see....pumping away.
From what I saw in videos, that was hours later.
I don't know that, just from what I have seen.

That's true. The fire fighters with proper equipment showed up 2 hours after the fire started - but which time it was too late.
------------------------------------ does it matter . French are secular with a big muslim population that have no use for Christianity or its symbols . And much of the population French and worldwide are probably cheering the fire . What did the French do , put up 150 million 'euro' or whatever they are to renovate a 800 year old building and that sounds like walking around money or a pittance . From what i hear the scaffolding has taken a long time to erect . Yep , just another Christian 'icon' that can easily be replaced by a much cheaper Brass Plaque .

Fire breaks out at historic Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris | Daily Mail Online

What a beautiful old building!

12307278-6925015-Enormous_plumes_of_smoke_were_seen_rising_from_the_Cathedral_as_-m-11_1555348390235.jpg

D4NeCrmWsAAePPI.jpg

I was about to post a thread I did not know if you in America and Canada were getting this news.

DEPRESSING X 1000 news from this Continent tonight the MAJESTIC Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris is burning to the ground they do not know if they can save it. The French are literally ON THEIR KNEES outside it PRAYING AND CRYING RIGHT NOW. This is SO TERRIBLE I am going to cry, Notre Dame means SO MUCH to SO MANY, this is as if a family member is dying, it has been there for 850 YEARS through and SURVIVED WARS and now this::

Notre Dame fire: horrific damage but main structure saved – live news

I cannot believe this is even HAPPENING:

Firefighters battle to save Notre-Dame
Horrendous. Such a beautiful symbol of France and the Christian faith.

Yes and yes, we are going now to visit our Priest we need an impromptu Mini Mass for Notre Dame, for our French Christian brothers and sisters I do not care that it is near to Midnight, this is like part of our Collective Soul being destroyed.

Our Lord, please have Mercy on us Sinners, please help us to continue to see The Light and please request of The Blessed Raphael the Archangel the Patron Saint of Healing to somehow WRAP his Emerald Light around Notre Dame tonight to heal what of it he can. Amen.
Given the state of society in general, I could understand why a religious person might view this as more than a shot across the bow. When such symbols and icons fall to the degradation we are wallowing in, a believer might see where their Almighty God was expressing his displeasure and disappointment. If this proves to be an act of interlopers, beware the backlash. "God" has proven anything but benevolent and kind. Rather "he" is vengeful and full of wrath. His followers will know what they must do.

From what I saw in videos, that was hours later.
I don't know that, just from what I have seen.

That's true. The fire fighters with proper equipment showed up 2 hours after the fire started - but which time it was too late.
Why would the fire department in a huge city like Paris show up 2 hours after their most famous cathedral caught fire? I don't believe this. Why? Give me a link to your source, please.
There French firefighters. They may have been on strike today.

More likely bureaucratic incompetence. The fire started a bit before 6pm. The approved unionized government bureaucrat who could put the emergency response plan into action had already left the office.
Maybe if Trump was their fire chief they could have saved the cathedral

Trump knows more than the fire chief
Let it go! Trump is trying to be diplomatic. This tragedy should transcend even TDS. He made a suggestion based on recent experiences in this country. You should acknowledge President Trump knows less than a fire chief. Seriously.

My son has friends visiting there now. Yesterday they decided to visit the Cathedral, and today the Eiffel Tower. They are so glad they made that choice. They told him they saw it when the smoke started. Said it is awful.
Good timing.

I was about to post a thread I did not know if you in America and Canada were getting this news.

DEPRESSING X 1000 news from this Continent tonight the MAJESTIC Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris is burning to the ground they do not know if they can save it. The French are literally ON THEIR KNEES outside it PRAYING AND CRYING RIGHT NOW. This is SO TERRIBLE I am going to cry, Notre Dame means SO MUCH to SO MANY, this is as if a family member is dying, it has been there for 850 YEARS through and SURVIVED WARS and now this::

Notre Dame fire: horrific damage but main structure saved – live news

I cannot believe this is even HAPPENING:

Firefighters battle to save Notre-Dame
Horrendous. Such a beautiful symbol of France and the Christian faith.

I cannot explain how SHOCKING and DISTRESSING this is to peoples like me and my ENTIRE family on this Continent, this is the most SHOCKING and DISTRESSING thing that has happened in my short life on this earth, I can only explain how to Americans as if you think how YOU ALL feel when September 11th happened it is THAT SHOCKING and DISTRESSING to us. I am VERY angry now at GOD HIMSELF, WHY did he allow this to occur, why if he can work miracles did he not STOP the Satanic force that cause this inferno. God understands that we do get angry with him sometimes and this IS one of those times.

Mr. Lucy called our Priest and he agree and so we are now going to get into the auto to go and COLLECTIVELY ask for a miracle in a Mini Mass.
I have cried for this as I cried the day I witnessed the fall of the Towers. While the loss of human life is yet undetermined, the loss of human history is inestimable.

This is heartbreaking. Notre Dame cathedral in Paris is on fire - and is likely beyond repair.

It's unclear how it started or what, exactly, is going on, but the historic Notre Dame cathedral caught fire on Monday, and photos and video circulating on social media suggest that conflagration has engulfed the historic monument.

Stunning Images Show France's Historic Notre Dame Cathedral Engulfed In Flames
shit happens--it's a building
I enjoy old buildings/architecture/etc --but it's just a building

This is heartbreaking. Notre Dame cathedral in Paris is on fire - and is likely beyond repair.

It's unclear how it started or what, exactly, is going on, but the historic Notre Dame cathedral caught fire on Monday, and photos and video circulating on social media suggest that conflagration has engulfed the historic monument.

How sad that you don't grok it as more than just a building.

This is so sad. I have visited (and even attended Mass) at Notre Dame quite a few times. It's such a beautiful place - quite a testament to human achievement and powerfully spiritual. Quite devastating to see it destroyed.
why is it so sad?

This is so sad. I have visited (and even attended Mass) at Notre Dame quite a few times. It's such a beautiful place - quite a testament to human achievement and powerfully spiritual. Quite devastating to see it destroyed.
why is it so sad?

If you grokked, you wouldn't have to ask.

MANY historical buildings were destroyed in WW2
they rebuilt/etc
whole historic towns/areas/etc were destroyed
that's life
Monte Cassino --destroyed ......
...life is short and then you die--no big deal if a building is gone

why is it so sad?

If you grokked, you wouldn't have to ask.
they rebuilt/etc
that's life

they rebuilt/etc
that's life

Seriously? If you want to be that dismissive of this tragedy, then go pollute another thread.

what's ''sad'' is when people lose their HOMES

they rebuilt/etc
that's life

Seriously? If you want to be that dismissive of this tragedy, then go pollute another thread.
dismissive?? hahahha
realistic

why is it so sad?

If you have to ask that question, then clearly you have no sense of culture...this is a terrible loss to world civilization.

C’est notre histoire, notre identité et notre culture qui sont frappées en plein cœur.
Boulversé.

Ma Grande Dame ,vous êtes la beauté de notre pays ,le monde entier pleure ,vous avez ouvert les bras et accueillis tant de monde que personne ne vous laissera tomber !!!! Amen

THIS IS OUR HISTORY!

what's ''sad'' is when people lose their HOMES

If that's all you've got, it sure ain't much.

It's not impossible to lament both the destruction of Notre Dame and people's HOMES.

Forum List

Back