Historic Notre-Dame cathedral on fire

This is so sad. I have visited (and even attended Mass) at Notre Dame quite a few times. It's such a beautiful place - quite a testament to human achievement and powerfully spiritual. Quite devastating to see it destroyed.
why is it so sad?

If you have to ask that question, then clearly you have no sense of culture...this is a terrible loss to world civilization.
it is not
how come you cry babies never say this about HUMANS that are killed EVERYDAY??
you love buildings more than innocent kids/etc?????!!!!!!!
that's STUPID

This is so sad. I have visited (and even attended Mass) at Notre Dame quite a few times. It's such a beautiful place - quite a testament to human achievement and powerfully spiritual. Quite devastating to see it destroyed.
why is it so sad?

If you have to ask that question, then clearly you have no sense of culture...this is a terrible loss to world civilization.
it is not
that's STUPID

If you have any friends here, they would tell you to back away from this discussion now instead of digging yourself a deeper hole.

But that's a big IF.

This is heartbreaking. Notre Dame cathedral in Paris is on fire - and is likely beyond repair.

It's unclear how it started or what, exactly, is going on, but the historic Notre Dame cathedral caught fire on Monday, and photos and video circulating on social media suggest that conflagration has engulfed the historic monument.

Stunning Images Show France's Historic Notre Dame Cathedral Engulfed In Flames
shit happens--it's a building
I enjoy old buildings/architecture/etc --but it's just a building

How sad that you don't grok it as more than just a building.
what's ''sad'' is when people lose their HOMES

If that's all you've got, it sure ain't much.

It's not impossible to lament both the destruction of Notre Dame and people's HOMES.
no no--it's MUCH more sad when people lose their homes

What a horrible thing to see

Such an iconic historic structure
What have we lost? So much history, so much culture...

View attachment 256040 View attachment 256040 View attachment 256041
Such beauty .......sad
So much more than that, and the immensity of the structure itself. The effort it took to build it...
Sad beyond imagining.
Hard to believe it is 800 years old
What a loss

This is heartbreaking. Notre Dame cathedral in Paris is on fire - and is likely beyond repair.

It's unclear how it started or what, exactly, is going on, but the historic Notre Dame cathedral caught fire on Monday, and photos and video circulating on social media suggest that conflagration has engulfed the historic monument.

what's ''sad'' is when people lose their HOMES

If that's all you've got, it sure ain't much.

It's not impossible to lament both the destruction of Notre Dame and people's HOMES.
no no--it's MUCH more sad when people lose their homes

You are beyond dull.

Fire breaks out at historic Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris | Daily Mail Online

What a beautiful old building!

12307278-6925015-Enormous_plumes_of_smoke_were_seen_rising_from_the_Cathedral_as_-m-11_1555348390235.jpg

D4NeCrmWsAAePPI.jpg

I was about to post a thread I did not know if you in America and Canada were getting this news.

DEPRESSING X 1000 news from this Continent tonight the MAJESTIC Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris is burning to the ground they do not know if they can save it. The French are literally ON THEIR KNEES outside it PRAYING AND CRYING RIGHT NOW. This is SO TERRIBLE I am going to cry, Notre Dame means SO MUCH to SO MANY, this is as if a family member is dying, it has been there for 850 YEARS through and SURVIVED WARS and now this::

Notre Dame fire: horrific damage but main structure saved – live news

I cannot believe this is even HAPPENING:

Firefighters battle to save Notre-Dame
Horrendous. Such a beautiful symbol of France and the Christian faith.

I cannot explain how SHOCKING and DISTRESSING this is to peoples like me and my ENTIRE family on this Continent, this is the most SHOCKING and DISTRESSING thing that has happened in my short life on this earth, I can only explain how to Americans as if you think how YOU ALL feel when September 11th happened it is THAT SHOCKING and DISTRESSING to us. I am VERY angry now at GOD HIMSELF, WHY did he allow this to occur, why if he can work miracles did he not STOP the Satanic force that cause this inferno. God understands that we do get angry with him sometimes and this IS one of those times.

Mr. Lucy called our Priest and he agree and so we are now going to get into the auto to go and COLLECTIVELY ask for a miracle in a Mini Mass.
I have cried for this as I cried the day I witnessed the fall of the Towers. While the loss of human life is yet undetermined, the loss of human history is inestimable.
--------------------------------- that'd be WESTERN Human History .

why is it so sad?

it is not
that's STUPID

If you have any friends here, they would tell you to back away from this discussion now instead of digging yourself a deeper hole.

But that's a big IF.
why--you are so entertaining with a post like that
hahahahhahahahahahahhaahahahah
life is not eternal
buildings are not eternal
.....we've had very historic buildings torn down in my city----it's not sad--it's the way of the world--that's life

Seriously?

why is it so sad?

it is not
that's STUPID

What the hell are you even babbling about???

Seriously?
fires don't happen?
wars don't happen??
earthquakes/tornadoes don't happen??
??!!!

I love the "grok" reference. Who else might understand?

why is it so sad?

it is not
that's STUPID

I'll hazard a guess: he's just attention whoring. Best to ignore.

• Thanks
Reactions: KGB
why is it so sad?

it is not
that's STUPID

jesus --I have to explain it???
you people make a BIG deal out of a building on fire--but not people dying !!!!

I love the "grok" reference. Who else might understand?

It's a code word for intelligent, well-read people.

:)

why is it so sad?
If you don't know you don't deserve the waste of time and words to explain. Seriously...

why is it so sad?
If you don't know you don't deserve the waste of time and words to explain. Seriously...

I'll clear this up for you: it doesn't deserve the time and words.

why is it so sad?

it is not
that's STUPID
YOU are stupid, you are ignorant. Go away troll.

I was on Okinawa recently. I visited Shuri Castle. I was saddened that so many of the "artifacts" on display were replicas. Why? Because the place was devastated during the battle between the Japanese and US during WWII. How tragic when an entire civilization is destroyed. How BEYOND sad...

Forum List

Back