Historic Notre-Dame cathedral on fire

The thing survives 850 years of war, weather and wear and what brings it down is some no-name moron with a tig welder.

This is so sad. I have visited (and even attended Mass) at Notre Dame quite a few times. It's such a beautiful place - quite a testament to human achievement and powerfully spiritual. Quite devastating to see it destroyed.
why is it so sad?

If you have to ask that question, then clearly you have no sense of culture...this is a terrible loss to world civilization.
it is not
how come you cry babies never say this about HUMANS that are killed EVERYDAY??
you love buildings more than innocent kids/etc?????!!!!!!!
that's STUPID

What the hell are you even babbling about???
jesus --I have to explain it???
you people make a BIG deal out of a building on fire--but not people dying !!!!

Who is dying?? How are these two even remotely related? It’s like comparing an elephant to an amoeba. It makes zero sense.

This building is a symbol of Western civilization. Of culture. It’s incredibly sad. Sorry you are too damn ignorant to understand that.

This is heartbreaking. Notre Dame cathedral in Paris is on fire - and is likely beyond repair.

It's unclear how it started or what, exactly, is going on, but the historic Notre Dame cathedral caught fire on Monday, and photos and video circulating on social media suggest that conflagration has engulfed the historic monument.

Stunning Images Show France's Historic Notre Dame Cathedral Engulfed In Flames
shit happens--it's a building
I enjoy old buildings/architecture/etc --but it's just a building

How sad that you don't grok it as more than just a building.
I love the "grok" reference. Who else might understand?

It's a code word for intelligent, well-read people.

:)
Guess I've read the right stuff then. You like Valentine Michael Smith?

This is heartbreaking. Notre Dame cathedral in Paris is on fire - and is likely beyond repair.

It's unclear how it started or what, exactly, is going on, but the historic Notre Dame cathedral caught fire on Monday, and photos and video circulating on social media suggest that conflagration has engulfed the historic monument.

Stunning Images Show France's Historic Notre Dame Cathedral Engulfed In Flames

I like the book - the character is a bit questionable.

The thing survives 850 years of war, weather and wear and what brings it down is some no-name moron with a tig welder.
I highly doubt it.

PBETNQh.jpg

Have you read much Heinlein?

ONE COMMENT ON CAUSE.....

2 hours after the blaze was going, when building was fully engulfed... French officials were already saying they "believe it was an accident".
Now...how the hell could they possibly know anything before investigators were within 100 yards of it, let alone make claims to how it started??
This is all Macron’s doing.

Some - mr. boe is a huge fan, so we have quite a collection of his works. I love "Time Enough for Love" in particular.

Some - mr. boe is a huge fan, so we have quite a collection of his works. I love "Time Enough for Love" in particular.
One of my favs! Heinlein has shaped my life to a great extent. I've actually used several Heinlein quotes here on the USMB.

here is the PERFECT example of you nazis
....this NAZI bastard just murdered a bunch of innocent civilians and he tells Burt Lancaster he can never/can't understand the BEAUTY of the art treasures he's trying to steal --JUST like what you NAZIS are saying..Harmonica is an ignorant fool for not seeing the beauty ''''
....Burt looks at the dead, and then the jackass like ---''YOU are the bastard dumbass'''

The Nazis understood how valuable the artifacts were.

And spared them.

I rest my case
Good, go away.
too much fun
I always have fun tearing you people up
I love historic buildings
I love being in them/etc
etc
but life is life--people die--buildings burn
Yeah, right...you haven't convinced me. Anyone else convinced that dipshit here loves historic buildings? Or what they might mean? And, just for clarification...I'm not feeling very torn up. Hard to feel torn up by a shithead moron whose declared goal is to do so when something like the Notre Dame Cathedral goes up in flames...
Just me, I guess.
Suck my ass, harmonica. You are sludge.
and check out my other posts in that HISTORIC cathedral thread
Churches and cathedrals (Pictures)

I rest my case
Good, go away.
too much fun
I always have fun tearing you people up
I love historic buildings
I love being in them/etc
etc
but life is life--people die--buildings burn
Yeah, right...you haven't convinced me. Anyone else convinced that dipshit here loves historic buildings? Or what they might mean? And, just for clarification...I'm not feeling very torn up. Hard to feel torn up by a shithead moron whose declared goal is to do so when something like the Notre Dame Cathedral goes up in flames...
Just me, I guess.
Suck my ass, harmonica. You are sludge.
just so you got the communication--check out ALL my posts in the CATHEDRAL thread
Churches and cathedrals (Pictures)

2 hours after the blaze was going, when building was fully engulfed... French officials were already saying they "believe it was an accident".
Now...how the hell could they possibly know anything before investigators were within 100 yards of it, let alone make claims to how it started??
Riiiiiiight

Riiiiiiight
The fire spread too fast and grew too big to be an accident.

So that leaves either Muslim terrorists who most likely would have done it before the renovations, or somebody connected to the failing French government desperate to defeat the yellow vests.

Forum List

Back