History Quiz

USViking said:
Karl- Forgive me!

I promised someone I would make sure there was a question waiting when I logged off. I'll pass a Question to you sometime.

Question:
Canadian General- he was commander of Canadian forces which landed on D-Day.

The only one I can think of at Juno Beach would be Keller.

KarlMarx said:
no.... just writing them! :)
One of the funniest cartoons I ever saw was simply a picture of piles, plies, and piles of paper. The caption was "Somewhere under here is a business".

Reminds me of my last job.

USViking said:
One of the funniest cartoons I ever saw was simply a picture of piles, plies, and piles of paper. The caption was "Somewhere under here is a business".

Reminds me of my last job.
one of the funniest cartoons I saw showed a man sitting in a broken chair, behind a broken desk, in front of a broken filing cabinet, with papers scattered all over the floor, in front of him was a door part way off its hinges with the sign "Department of Entropy".....

maybe you just had to be there....

LINK

USViking said:
Said- I must confess I somehow got it in my head that Devers was Canadian.
I'm slipping badly.

Keller sounds good to me- your question!

I'm not 100% either. :laugh:

I'll ask another anyway.

In 1902, the Germans began the construction of a railroad from where to where?

Said1 said:
Oui. That's an easy one, it rhymes. Don't know about the orient express part though.

Your turn yogi. :arabia:
I owe Mr. Karl Marx a question.

He's logged in; how much time should I give him to sieze this opportunity?

Said1 said:
:huh: I'm not used to cooperating, or sharing or waiting in line. :baby4:
I'll resist the temptation to make some wisecrack about pushy, impatient females.

Ah, the hell with it- quit being a pushy, impatient female!

I'm jump'n in!

What was the original surname of the current Royal Family of Great Britain. When did they change it and why?

freeandfun1 said:
I'm jump'n in!

What was the original surname of the current Royal Family of Great Britain. When did they change it and why?

Tudor.

It changed... well, it's a long story, but it basically has to do with the end of the War of the Roses, which was a long civil war between two different families who claimed the English throne. I believe it was in the 1500's.

Forum List

Back