History Quiz

freeandfun1 said:
The governor of which state sent National Guard troops and a tank to settle a border dispute with a neighboring state? The incident occurred in July 1931, and is known as “The Toll Bridge War”.

And for a bonus, name the Governor!

Texas. Ross S. Sterling

Shattered said:
Texas. Ross S. Sterling

Nice try.... I think he was governor of Texas at the time. The governor was William H."Alfalfa Bill" Murray. I was reading that he called out the Oklahoma National Guard something like 27 times while governor! Damn police state! lol

President Lincoln's son died on what date, and what was the suspected cause of the fever that resulted in his death?

But only one died from a fever. Two died from TB, and the cereberal hemmoraging..

freeandfun1 said:
Lincoln had four sons.

You know she could only mean Thomas who's fever stemmed from tubercular pleurisy. Or Willie who's death was caused by bilious fever, typhoid, and acute malarial infection. :dev1:

Willie.. It's believed his fever stemmed from contaminated drinking water in the white house, and that's what killed him.

Said1 said:
You know she could only mean Thomas who's fever stemmed from tubercular pleurisy. Or Willie who's death was caused by bilious fever, typhoid, and acute malarial infection. :dev1:

I guess a certain person forgot to ask her question,
so I'll ask for her.

Question:
Co-discoverer of Quarks, he named them "Aces", but lost out in the name and the glory to Murray Gell-Mann.

USViking said:
I guess a certain person forgot to ask her question,
so I'll ask for her.

Question:
Co-discoverer of Quarks, he named them "Aces", but lost out in the name and the glory to Murray Gell-Mann.
Zweig

KarlMarx said:
I thought that was a 110mph fastball.

Not for Mr. Marx.

Looks like I'll have to ratchet it up to 115mph to make him swing and miss.

(George) Zweig is correct.

Ask a fricken question ya fricken know-it-all.

USViking said:
I thought that was a 110mph fastball.

Not for Mr. Marx.

Looks like I'll have to ratchet it up to 115mph to make him swing and miss.

(George) Zweig is correct.

Ask a fricken question ya fricken know-it-all.

What year was the Special Theory of Relativity published?

Forum List

Back