History Quiz

gop_jeff said:
Tudor.

It changed... well, it's a long story, but it basically has to do with the end of the War of the Roses, which was a long civil war between two different families who claimed the English throne. I believe it was in the 1500's.

Sorry, incorrect.

Said1 said:
I think Coburg, changed to Windsor because original was German.

You've got part of the name..... and the reason, well, that's close enough.

It was Saxe-Coburg-Gotha and they changed it in 1917 due to WWI and the Germanic connotation the name projected.

Said1 said:
Lawrence of Arabia, how did he die?

I know, too easy!
Vroom-vroom-screech-crash (on two wheels).

Question:
Nelson Rockefeller- how did he die? (Whadda way to go).

I gotta go to the gym. My muscular and skeletal systems are atrophying from sitting in front of the computer on boards like this for, oh, 12 hours a day.

Some one better be sure there's a question waiting for me when I get back.

USViking said:
Vroom-vroom-screech-crash (on two wheels).

Question:
Nelson Rockefeller- how did he die? (Whadda way to go).

I gotta go to the gym. My muscular and skeletal systems are atrophying from sitting in front of the computer on boards like this for, oh, 12 hours a day.

Some one better be sure there's a question waiting for me when I get back.
In the middle of a passionate interlude with his mistress

Since marx wont post a new question, i will.

QUESTION
At which Concentration camp did Anne Frank die.
If you need identification of who this girl is, her diaries were written while she and her family were in hiding in Amsterdam from the Nazis, and were later published after world war 2 by her father.

KarlMarx said:
What was "the Enigma" and what was it used for?

Wasn't Enigma a machine used for encription? The U-Boat movie.... I also saw a show on this on the history channel.

The governor of which state sent National Guard troops and a tank to settle a border dispute with a neighboring state? The incident occurred in July 1931, and is known as “The Toll Bridge War”.

And for a bonus, name the Governor!

freeandfun1 said:
Wasn't Enigma a machine used for encription? The U-Boat movie.... I also saw a show on this on the history channel.
Correct, the Enigma was the encryption machine used by the German Navy U-Boat command to coordinate attacks on allied convoys in the Atlantic.

freeandfun1 said:
The governor of which state sent National Guard troops and a tank to settle a border dispute with a neighboring state? The incident occurred in July 1931, and is known as “The Toll Bridge War”.

And for a bonus, name the Governor!

:( Where did everybody go???

Forum List

Back