History Quiz

Kathianne said:
US troops now trying to flush out foreign insurgents in Iraq. What is the name of the task?

I always wondered why they call it Operation Matador when there's no longer any Spanish troops in Iraq. Is this some kind of homage to the brave troops of Spain who were sold out by their sniveling politicians?

Comrade said:
I always wondered why they call it Operation Matador when there's no longer any Spanish troops in Iraq. Is this some kind of homage to the brave troops of Spain who were sold out by their sniveling politicians?

Good point on correct answer. As another.

Which nations' leader of the 20th Century wins the 'Grim Reaper' award?

That is, which nation suffered more regime inflicted deaths per day, as a proportion of the total population, that any other leader or regime?

Comrade said:

That is, which nation suffered more regime inflicted deaths per day, as a proportion of the total population, that any other leader or regime?

Soviet Union?

Comrade said:

Cambodia

I am not sure this is a question which can be answered with confidence of certainty. Several answers given so far are plausible. The one major candidate left out so far seems to be Mao.

Semper Fi said:
I'm pretty sure Stalin lost a lot of people in both World Wars. That or France and its casualties. doubt it though.

Stalin wasn't in power for WWI, besides which, they made a seperate peace.

Stalin killed untold millions of his own people. Many were political, some were revolts, some were pograms. Evil, evil man.

I was going for Cambodia, so I give Said1 the credit. I know Pol Pot was in power for only 3 years and managed to kill off 25% of his population in that time, which is 8% a year, give or take. I think that has Stalin and Mao both beat, if you look at their rates over time.

Comrade said:
I was going for Cambodia, so I give Said1 the credit. I know Pol Pot was in power for only 3 years and managed to kill off 25% of his population in that time, which is 8% a year, give or take. I think that has Stalin and Mao both beat, if you look at their rates over time.
Said1 said she was too blitzed to ask a question, and asked me to fill in.

Question:
Military junta led by this general deposed Sihanouk of Cambodia,
they in turn fell to the Khmer Rouge.

Forum List

Back