HOA tells local police chaplain to remove ‘thin blue line’ flag

HOA's have been doing this forever. You agree to it when you move in. Abide by the rules and you are fine.

HOA's are the definition of the tyranny of petty authority.

Reading the article it seems they are using both lies and a pretty thin justification for asking him to remove it.

He received a notice from his home owners association, saying “it was observed there is a ‘white lives matter flag’” hanging in front of his home. The chaplain says the thin blue line American flag stands for the sacrifice law enforcement officers make.

The letter went on to quote guidelines: “No unsightly article shall be permitted” and said “please remove the items and store them out sight.”

HOA agreements can't remove a person's 1st amendment rights.

It’s time to take action against these insane Commies.

I stand with the Padre on this one . . . all the way. Psychological warfare disguised as the usual HOA power tripping madness. BLUE LIVES MATTER.

He shouldn't support desecrating the flag.

How is that desecrating the flag?
Altering. Or are you willfully unknowing?

I stand with the Padre on this one . . . all the way. Psychological warfare disguised as the usual HOA power tripping madness. BLUE LIVES MATTER.
Then don't move into an area with HOA...Simple as that..

But burning it would be acceptable to you right?

Everyone knows it isn't the Official US Flag, by making it black and white with one blue stripe they are making into something else.

But keep trying to deflect from the point of the thread, it's all you got.

HOA's have been doing this forever. You agree to it when you move in. Abide by the rules and you are fine.

Reading the article it seems they are using both lies and a pretty thin justification for asking him to remove it.

He received a notice from his home owners association, saying “it was observed there is a ‘white lives matter flag’” hanging in front of his home. The chaplain says the thin blue line American flag stands for the sacrifice law enforcement officers make.

The letter went on to quote guidelines: “No unsightly article shall be permitted” and said “please remove the items and store them out sight.”

And yet they can. I agree with your initial assessment but all the same my statement is still factual.

And yet they can. I agree with your initial assessment but all the same my statement is still factual.

No contract can remove a person's rights. Even in this case the HOA agreement doesn't explicitly say you can't display political signs or images. The reasoning they give is weak at best.

Everyone knows it isn't the Official US Flag, by making it black and white with one blue stripe they are making into something else.

What does "fine" have to do with anything?

No way would I ever move I to a HOA community. I'm not "fine" with their regulations. He signed them..

Deflecting? You are the master. SOS

The rules don't appear to be applied evenly across the board in this case. HOAs still have to abide by the rules in their charters apply them equally.

No contract can remove a person's rights. Even in this case the HOA agreement doesn't explicitly say you can't display political signs or images. The reasoning they give is weak at best.

Sorry, the courts have covered this many times. He signed on when he moved in.

If we can find the neighborhood this guy lives in, we can find out who the HOA committee is.

When they get sick of getting thousands of calls telling them what motherfuckers they are....they'll relent.

If you find it, let us know.

I will be on the phone in a second asking them just who the fuck they think they are.

Does not matter...let's find out who this is and go after them.

Funny what they accept and reject

What does "fine" have to do with anything?

No way would I ever move I to a HOA community. I'm not "fine" with their regulations. He signed them..

And the application in this case is arbitrary at best, and based on a falsehood at worst.

HOA's can't go after political actions, same as government. any bans have to be content neutral.

Forum List

Back