Hobby Lobby case: Greed isn't a religious value

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
RE: Greed isn't a religious value

How is respecting employees' free choice of health care by letting them pay for their own "twisted around" into GREED?

It's the not the Company execs trying to get workers to pay for the OWNERS' costs.
It's the other way.

It's the employees who don't think they should pay for their own health care choices,
but should use "other people's money" through govt and through company mandates.

How is this NOT 'coveting the labor' or servants/servitude of others?

Turning it around, considering the money paying for health care as "public funds"
and not considering that people have to work for that money.

So all the workers OWN the company assets also? but none of the legal or financial responsibilities for running it, just claiming the money made to pay for additional costs?

Does anyone who has ever owned and run a company think this way?

http://news.yahoo.com/greed-isnt-religious-value-094500145--politics.html?bcmt=comments-postbox

========================================================
This reminds me of when I was taking my own salary, and paying for expenses of people who offered to help volunteer on community projects. And when it came time to asking them to 'do what I was paying them for' they complained "they were not my slave."

I found out, they forgot that I also worked to earn the money I was paying them.
In fact, I had worked more hours to earn the same money I was paying them to work less.

But "in their minds" they turned this around, where I owed them.
If I wanted help, I needed to pay them, and they forgot I also worked for that money.

In the end, I worked more hours than they did for the same money.
But I didn't get to keep the money I worked twice as much to earn.
They got paid that money to pay their bills by working less than I did.

I wasn't asking them to pay my bills. but I ended up essentially paying their bills
using my labor plus theirs. They left that out, and only counted their own labor.

Yet they COMPLAINED I was trying to enslave them, when it seems the other way around.

Is this where the entitlement mentality comes from?
that once people pay into government, it's public money and anyone can use it for what they want and FORGET the consent and representation of "other people who don't count"

why is it that people pushing for singlepayer assume their beliefs/system "represents and covers everyone else" -- what does it take to start counting "other people" as having equal rights and beliefs as to what we want or don't want to pay for as taxpayers?

where is this coming from that people you don't agree with don't count as taxpayers
with equal rights to representation and due process? and protections of our beliefs?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back