Hobby Lobby Invests In Abortion Pill Manufacturers

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
What is it that Mr Sulu used to say?

Oh, MY!

I can't wait for HL to explain this one. Considering their so-called "sincerely held religious beliefs," no doubt whatever they say will sound more like a contrived excuse than a real explanation that seems honestly innocent in nature.

Remember what they say is the root of all evil? It's the love of money.

The owners of Hobby Lobby, a Christian-owned craft supply chain, were so offended by the idea of having to include emergency contraceptives and intrauterine devices in their health insurance plans that they sued the Obama administration and took the case all the way up to the Supreme Court. But Mother Jones reported on Tuesday that the company's retirement plan has invested millions of dollars in the manufacturers of emergency contraception and drugs used to induce abortions.
Hobby Lobby's 401(k) employee retirement plan holds $73 million in mutual funds that invest in multiple pharmaceutical companies that produce emergency contraceptive pills, intrauterine devices, and abortion-inducing medications.

The companies Hobby Lobby invests in include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, which makes the Plan B morning-after pill and ParaGard, a copper IUD, as well as Pfizer, the maker of the abortion-inducing drugs Cytotec and Prostin E2. Hobby Lobby's mutual funds also invest in two health insurance companies that cover surgical abortions, abortion drugs, and emergency contraception in their health care policies.

Hobby Lobby's attorneys argue that the provision in the Affordable Care Act that requires most employers to cover contraception in their health plans infringes on the company's right to exercise religious freedom because the company's owners believe that emergency contraception and IUDs are actually forms of abortion. Medical studies have debunked this claim.

Mother Jones reported that all nine of the mutual funds Hobby Lobby's retirement plan holds include investments that clash with the owners' religious beliefs about abortion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...maing-grid7|maing11|dl2|sec1_lnk3&pLid=460128

I'm not so sure you or mommajones know how mutual funds work but in the end isn't HL's stance in fact making their investment worth less money if they don't pay for the abortion drugs?

Oh, MY!

I can't wait for HL to explain this one. Considering their so-called "sincerely held religious beliefs," no doubt whatever they say will sound more like a contrived excuse than a real explanation that seems honestly innocent in nature.

and therein lies the rub.... a corporation has no religious beliefs. they don't worship.

and if they did... this particular one would be full of bull

The Hobby Lobby must be the most famous vendor of Checkers and Backgammon of all time!

They should send Obama a 'thank you' letter

I'm not so sure you or mommajones know how mutual funds work but in the end isn't HL's stance in fact making their investment worth less money if they don't pay for the abortion drugs?

If and when a person who runs a company holds strong beliefs (religious or otherwise), he can instruct the people who run his fund in what to invest in and what NOT to invest in. Since they work for you, it would be incumbent on them to follow your instructions.

Oh, MY!

and therein lies the rub.... a corporation has no religious beliefs. they don't worship.

and if they did... this particular one would be full of bull

And if it (the corporation) has no religious reliefs, they have no right to religious dispensation.

But, then, how could they support all those millions of abortions in China?

10013322_741070229248178_1102480752_n.jpg

Oh, MY!

The owners of Hobby Lobby, a Christian-owned craft supply chain, were so offended by the idea of having to include emergency contraceptives and intrauterine devices in their health insurance plans that they sued the Obama administration and took the case all the way up to the Supreme Court. But Mother Jones reported on Tuesday that the company's retirement plan has invested millions of dollars in the manufacturers of emergency contraception and drugs used to induce abortions.
Hobby Lobby's 401(k) employee retirement plan holds $73 million in mutual funds that invest in multiple pharmaceutical companies that produce emergency contraceptive pills, intrauterine devices, and abortion-inducing medications.

The companies Hobby Lobby invests in include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, which makes the Plan B morning-after pill and ParaGard, a copper IUD, as well as Pfizer, the maker of the abortion-inducing drugs Cytotec and Prostin E2. Hobby Lobby's mutual funds also invest in two health insurance companies that cover surgical abortions, abortion drugs, and emergency contraception in their health care policies.

Hobby Lobby's attorneys argue that the provision in the Affordable Care Act that requires most employers to cover contraception in their health plans infringes on the company's right to exercise religious freedom because the company's owners believe that emergency contraception and IUDs are actually forms of abortion. Medical studies have debunked this claim.

Mother Jones reported that all nine of the mutual funds Hobby Lobby's retirement plan holds include investments that clash with the owners' religious beliefs about abortion.

Hobby Lobby Invests In Abortion Pill Manufacturers

Yea, it's definitely hypocritical of them. Granted they do not directly make the decision as to which companies they fund management company chooses to invest in, but the fact is that if this was such an important issue to them, then they would make certain that their pension funds were not being invested in pharmaceutical companies that promote birth control and abortion.

I'm certain that Hobby Lobby doesn't pick and choose who their bank or stock broker does or doesn't invest in. Hell ... I don't even know what my 401k money is invested in. It's so diversified and mixed up that it would take a year to sort it all out.

Gee when someone donates questionable stocks to the Mormon church, they sell it immediately
They once got some Coca Cola and they sold it immediately

Everyone knows the Left has the monopoly on hypocrisy in this country. Conservatives couldn't approach that level if they tried really hard.

you would think seeing how hobby lobby is so anal about how they cover healthcare, they would be anal about this as well. Instead we get, Well thats the way it goes, so throw hands in the air!

you would think seeing how hobby lobby is so anal about how they cover healthcare, they would be anal about this as well. Instead we get, Well thats the way it goes, so throw hands in the air!

You would think getting your ass owned every time you post would persuade you not to post crap you don't understand again.
I guess not.

You would think getting your ass owned every time you post would persuade you not to post crap you don't understand again.
I guess not.

hey neat you are still alive

I guess not.

hey neat you are still alive

Thanks. Doing well, actually. How's the family?

I'm certain that Hobby Lobby doesn't pick and choose who their bank or stock broker does or doesn't invest in. Hell ... I don't even know what my 401k money is invested in. It's so diversified and mixed up that it would take a year to sort it all out.

You don't read your disclosure docs? WOW!!!

Forum List

Back