Hockey stick shortage due to Coronavirus.

petro

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2013
The cold north
All I can think is a sport considered North American.
Why in hell are hockey sticks made in China? To save money?
They still charge a fortune for modern hockey sticks.
Coronavirus causing NHL hockey stick shortage
If CCM and Bauer lose a fortune due to slowdowns from the virus I will consider that karma for moving operations to a hostile foreign country. That goes for any company that forgoes our workers for slave labor in China.

If CCM and Bauer lose a fortune due to slowdowns from the virus I will consider that karma for moving operations to a hostile foreign country. That goes for any company that forgoes our workers for slave labor in China.

Couldn't agree more. They deserve it for effing over the American people.

Hockey sticks should be made in America we get the best wood we got the finest workers!Hockey stick should be made in America we get the best wood we got the finest workers AMERICAN MADE!

As a kid I remember hockey sticks were made in USA or Canada.
I now look at most products and try to avoid the China label.
Not an easy task.

As a kid I remember hockey sticks were made in USA or Canada.
I now look at most products and try to avoid the China label.
Not an easy task.

No it isn't. Seems like most things are "made in China".

I hope the tariffs will help this situation. I believe that is one of the points of these tariffs, so that companies overseas do not have it so cheap there after all. They should be taxed more, IMO. Make it so that it doesn't help them at all to move overseas.

This will lead to the newest hockey innovation ..... Carbon Fiber Hockey Sticks

Like Trump's clothing line?

What if Coronavirus had hit Canada?

Like Trump's clothing line?
I don't wear it.

What if Coronavirus had hit Canada?
Then Chinese pro hockey teams would be seeing the shortage.

Oops. They don't exist.

The thing with clothing is that it is almost exclusively manufactured overseas. There is no avoiding that now until some changes are made and people want to open up clothing manufacturing plants here in America. You cannot except Ivanka to also open up her own clothing manufacturing plant here in America as well, can you? Once we take care of making it less profitable to manufacture overseas, then more plants will open up here in America. One step at a time.

Yes

the only reason we dont make the equipment in America or Canada is money

someday china will make everything and only the wealthy can afford to attend pro hockey games

someday china will make everything and only the wealthy can afford to attend pro hockey games
I think we are there already.
Even when I got a set of free Wild tickets last year, still dumped over a 100 bucks on parking, food and a freaking 10 dollar beer. Buy a shirt or jersey also made in China and you will spend a small fortune.
Turned down the last offer as I couldn't afford the "freebie".

Even when I got a set of free Wild tickets last year, still dumped over a 100 bucks on parking, food and a freaking 10 dollar beer. Buy a shirt or jersey also made in China and you will spend a small fortune.

That's why I am happy to just watch it on TV. You get the best seats in the house and the food and drink is right there! :D Also, you can be warm and comfy.

That's why I am happy to just watch it on TV. You get the best seats in the house and the food and drink is right there! :D Also, you can be warm and comfy.
My step daughter plays High School hockey, so I get to see some exciting games. She may actually have a chance at college level. The High School girls get pretty rough once they get past the age of no checking.
Those arenas are really cold.
Small town team though and always lose to the bigger wealthy teams of the Twin Cities suburbs.

High School hockey is a big deal in MN. The state of hockey.

My step daughter plays High School hockey, so I get to see some exciting games. She may actually have a chance at college level. The High School girls get pretty rough once they get past the age of no checking.
Small town team though and always lose to the bigger wealthy teams of the Twin Cities suburbs.

I'm sure that's a lot of fun and probably a LOT cheaper than seeing a pro game! :D

I'm sure that's a lot of fun and probably a LOT cheaper than seeing a pro game! :D
Last week she clobbered a couple girls pretty good with her hip check.:71:

I shouldn't laugh, but their team is always at a disadvantage to the bigger towns.

Forum List

Back