Hollywood Experiencing It's Worst Box Office Attendance in 25 Years

Why bother going to the movie theater? We can watch just about anything on our big screen in the comfort of our home, and often for little to no cost.

WEIRD WHAT NONSTOP OPEN CONTEMPT FOR HALF YOUR CUSTOMERS CAN DO!

Hollywood is suffering its worst-attended summer movie season in 25 years

Yeah, it's not because movies are not nearly as well made as they used to be, nor that tv has gotten to be so good in the past decade with shows like Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, Breaking Bad, etc. that are far better written than anything on the big screen. It's because Hollywod movies are only made for "liberal" audiences. Yeah, that's it.:cuckoo:

Why bother going to the movie theater? We can watch just about anything on our big screen in the comfort of our home, and often for little to no cost.
Yeah, home theater systems were pretty much the beginning of the end.

Maybe Hollywood will be forced to stop making over-priced shit and come up with some original ideas.

I think their problem is that they keep remaking movies, except worse...

Seriously Disney is the only place really putting out anything "new" and they're just "remaking" mythologies lately...

During and after WWII Hollywood was conservative and made a lot of good movies about the events that occurred in WWII. Today, they ignore the incredible heroes fighting in the ME and lie about events of WW2 to fit their LW propaganda like they did in the Imitation Game.

When they get it right, like in Dunkirk, they make half a billion dollars in a month.

Maybe Hollywood will be forced to stop making over-priced shit and come up with some original ideas.

If you take away all of the superhero, and sci-fi reboots over the last decade or so, you've got to wonder if Hollywood would even be in business right now.

Seriously Disney is the only place really putting out anything "new" and they're just "remaking" mythologies lately...
There is little originality in movies or TV now.

/----/ What, no Hotel Transylvania 27? Oh the humanity.....

I bet Hollywood sets another record in revenue like they did last year and the year before

If you take away all of the superhero, and sci-fi reboots over the last decade or so, you've got to wonder if Hollywood would even be in business right now.
How many fucking versions of SpiderMan have there been?

:laugh:

I think it has more to do with how much their popcorn cost. Seriously, think how much a movie costs in comparison to buy a kid gym shoes. If that is your choice then I think you at buying shoes.

Yeah there is an argument to be made for the costs at the theater. It's like $50 for my husband and I to go to the movie theater - for $30 we can own it on blue-ray, we have 7.1 and my $8 air popper makes better popcorn lol

Most movies are crap. The celebrities are too busy preaching their ideological views. The theaters charge too much. Some a-hole never shuts up.
And even with an empty theater some 6 foot goon inevitably sits directly in front of you.

/----/ Some of the terrible squeals like JAWS 3 D and Godfather III were just a money grab because Hollywood knew the fans of the original would see it.. Here is a list of some terrible remakes.
10 Worst Movie Remakes of All Time

Last edited:
Yeah there is an argument to be made for the costs at the theater. It's like $50 for my husband and I to go to the movie theater - for $30 we can own it on blue-ray, we have 7.1 and my $8 air popper makes better popcorn lol
Sorry to say, I like the butter popcorn at the movies. Damn expensive though, and fatting.

Forum List

Back