Holy crap, this takes PC to a whole new level!

First he says

it's 70 pct black (talking about fans attending the games)

then he says

there are few fathers and sons at the games

:rofl: was he really surprised that not many black kids get to NBA games with their fathers?

"Making himself sell his own team" does sound a bit bipolar... :lol:
I mean what if he argues and talks himself out of it? Who won?

"Turned himself in" = "ratted himself out"? Bet he never saw himself coming. That's the worst.

Skimming through the e-mail he's worried about I don't see anything offensive. He's not even talking about race; he's talking about cultures and demographics and marketing. So what?
There's a silent backstory here - somebody in the org is making a little power play.

I think he should sit himself down and reconsider and maybe convince himself that he's full of shit.
Let's hope it doesn't come to fisticuffs. That might challenge the laws of physics. Or generate some new challenges in the field of sports injuries.

Skimming through the e-mail he's worried about I don't see anything offensive. He's not even talking about race; he's talking about cultures and demographics and marketing.

I think he should sit himself down and reconsider and maybe convince himself that he's full of shit.
Let's hope it doesn't come to fisticuffs. That might challenge the laws of physics. Or generate some new challenges in the field of sports injuries.

In seriousness though, It would be nice if a few black fans of the team would come forward and say "naw man, that email didn't say anything racist, keep yo team homie"

Skimming through the e-mail he's worried about I don't see anything offensive. He's not even talking about race; he's talking about cultures and demographics and marketing. So what?
There's a silent backstory here - somebody in the org is making a little power play.

:laugh:

Maybe he'll show himself some mercy and just issue a three-game suspension.

This is what the NBA has came to.

Ten years ago? A black player chokes his coach into unconsciousness while calling him a stupid cracker, nothing said.

Today, white man writes the word BLACK in an email and decides he better sell his stake in the team before someone goes after him for racism.

Ridiculous.

This is what the NBA has came to.

Ten years ago? A black player chokes his coach into unconsciousness while calling him a stupid cracker, nothing said.

Today, white man writes the word BLACK in an email and decides he better sell his stake in the team before someone goes after him for racism.

Ridiculous.

Yup. America, 2014.

As ridiculous as things are, I have to admit, this one surprised me.

But what if he appeals? Who decides?

"The feelings of a Lord Chancellor who is in love with a Ward of Court are not to be envied. What is his position? Can he give his own consent to his own marriage with his own Ward? Can he marry his own Ward without his own consent? And if he marries his own Ward without his own consent, can he commit himself for contempt of his own Court? And if he commit himself for contempt of his own Court, can he appear by counsel before himself, to move for arrest of his own judgement? Ah, my Lords, it is indeed painful to have to sit upon a woolsack which is stuffed with such thorns as these!" -- W.S. Gilbert, "Iolanthe"

But what if he appeals? Who decides?

I think current law dictates that he has to appear on Sharpton's show and prostrate himself before the court.

I keep praying these stories are linked to the Onion. My prayers aren't being answered obviously :lol:

I thought this one was crazy too but it's for real as well.

Gardeners' Question Time? It's so racist: Sociologist rails at references to 'non-native' plants
  • Dr Ben Pitcher claims BBC Radio 4 programme is saturated in racism
  • Sociology lecturer says its spreading covert racist stereotypes in disguise
  • Believes the show is secretly feeding nationalist and fascist fantasies
  • Appeared on another Radio 4 programme 'Thinking Allowed' on July 30
FROM THE ARTICLE:

Dr Ben Pitcher, a senior lecturer in sociology at the University of Westminster, says the panel show is ‘saturated’ with racial language.

From debates about native and non-native plant species to advice about the purity of different soil types, the programme’s resident green-fingered experts are secretly feeding nationalist and fascist fantasies, he claims.

Speaking on another Radio 4 programme, Thinking Allowed, he said: ‘Gardeners’ Question Time is not the most controversial show on Radio 4, and yet it is layered with, saturated with, racial meanings. The context here is the rise of nationalism.

The rise of racist and fascist parties across Europe. Nationalism is about shoring up a fantasy of national integrity. My question is, what feeds nationalism? What makes nationalism powerful?’

Dr Ben Pitcher, a senior lecturer in sociology at the University of Westminster, says the panel show is ‘saturated’ with racial language.

Gardeners Question Time caught up in race row Mail Online

Last edited:
At the risk of plagiarizing paraphrasing Frank Zappa, who are the PC Police?

There has to be more behind this story. On its surface it just doesn't add up. We're not being told something.

There has to be more behind this story. On its surface it just doesn't add up. We're not being told something.

They'll pop up here at some point, hopefully.

My guess is that he thinks someone is going to spill the beans publicly on that dumb email and wants to be proactive on the damage control.

My guess is that he thinks someone is going to spill the beans publicly on that dumb email and wants to be proactive on the damage control.

Or quite possibly, he has had at some point, said something FAR worse that he doesn't want public knowledge, so release the email cry for your sins and cut ties.

I mean, I wouldn't completely rule that out, just to be fair.

Or quite possibly, he has had at some point, said something FAR worse that he doesn't want public knowledge, so release the email cry for your sins and cut ties.

I mean, I wouldn't completely rule that out, just to be fair.

The second theory makes FAR more sense. There's nothing in the e-mail that warrants the reaction.

Makes you wonder how an asshole like this actually made enough money to to buy and NBA franchise in the first place.

No comments from the PC Police yet, interesting.

They're hiding under your bed, waiting to spring out and get you tonight when you go to sleep.

But in all serious, the guy made a decision to quite because he said things offensive tot he customers.

Again- this is the market working, guy. You wingnuts always talk about the "Market Forces" they they are some kind of purifying ray of wonderful freedom and capitalism.

Until they turn on some rich bigot, anyway.

Mack thinks the PC police are out there, taking away the rights of rich people to talk smack about gays, minorities and women.

Because no one really cares what he says unless he says it at work.

Forum List

Back