Holy crap, this takes PC to a whole new level!

At the risk of plagiarizing paraphrasing Frank Zappa, who are the PC Police?

There has to be more behind this story. On its surface it just doesn't add up. We're not being told something.

Mack thinks the PC police are out there, taking away the rights of rich people to talk smack about gays, minorities and women.

Because no one really cares what he says unless he says it at work.

Right on cue!

Thanks Joe!

:laugh:

Is Mac accusing this owner of being the PC Police?

Was there some pressure from some group that forced this guy's hand?

Who are the USMB PC Police, Mac? Name names, please.

Earmuffs!

This is what the NBA has came to.

Ten years ago? A black player chokes his coach into unconsciousness while calling him a stupid cracker, nothing said.

Today, white man writes the word BLACK in an email and decides he better sell his stake in the team before someone goes after him for racism.

Ridiculous.
Nothing said? Lol
The Warriors voided his contract and he was suspended for a year.... After a large public outcry. Try to get your facts straight, Bud.
P.J. Carlesimo reflects on his altercation with Latrell Sprewell 15 years later Ball Don t Lie - Yahoo Sports

So is this guy the PC police? He policed himself. So I don't get who the PC police are in this case?

This is what the NBA has came to.

Ten years ago? A black player chokes his coach into unconsciousness while calling him a stupid cracker, nothing said.

Today, white man writes the word BLACK in an email and decides he better sell his stake in the team before someone goes after him for racism.

Ridiculous.
Nothing said? Lol
The Warriors voided his contract and he was suspended for a year.... After a large public outcry. Try to get your facts straight, Bud.
P.J. Carlesimo reflects on his altercation with Latrell Sprewell 15 years later Ball Don t Lie - Yahoo Sports

suspended for a year and going to another team for assault and battery is NOTHING compared to selling your team for uttering a few racist words or "gasp" emailing about blacks.

There has to be more behind this story. On its surface it just doesn't add up. We're not being told something.

Mack thinks the PC police are out there, taking away the rights of rich people to talk smack about gays, minorities and women.

Right on cue!

Thanks Joe!

:laugh:

What's right on cue? What are you thanking Joe for? Can you articulate it?

This just gets better. From his announcement:

"I have said repeatedly that the NBA should have zero tolerance for racism, and I strongly believe that to be true," Levenson said in the statement. "That is why I voluntarily reported my inappropriate email to the NBA.

"After much long and difficult contemplation, I have decided that it is in the best interests of the team, the Atlanta community, and the NBA to sell my controlling interest in the Hawks franchise."

He really hates him.

The HuffPo comments are interesting. One guy thinks he's doing it to advance his other business interests.

Who knows, we're in uncharted territory here.

Didn't Sterling promise he was going to sic private detectives on everyone in the NBA that forced him out to find any and all dirt on them?

I wonder if he's getting ready to lay "revenge is a dish served better cold" smackdown on them.

Why yuppers he did. Mmmmm. The plot thickens.

Donald Sterling Hires 4 Private Investigation Teams To ‘Dig Up All The Dirt’ On NBA: Report
By Suman Varandani@suman09
on June 13 2014 3:55 AM

Donald Sterling, the now-banned co-owner of the Los Angeles Clippers basketball team, has hired four private firms to investigate the NBA’s former and current commissioners, and its 29 other owners, a person close to Sterling's team of lawyers told Associated Press, or AP.

The source, who was not authorized to speak publicly, told AP late Thursday that the investigators have been offered a six-figure budget to scrutinize the league’s finances, compensations paid to the present and former commissioners, and previous unfair conducts, within 30 days. Sterling’s primary targets reportedly include previous NBA Commissioner David Stern and current Commissioner Adam Silver.

"The gloves are off, as they say," the source told AP. "Have them dig up all the dirt they can find."

Donald Sterling Hires 4 Private Investigation Teams To Dig Up All The Dirt On NBA Report

Mack needs to do an online search for a high school civics class so he can learn that only government has the authority to seek to restrict rights, not private citizens.

And as already correctly noted, private entities are at liberty to restrict or prohibit speech perceived detrimental to a profitable business.

Forum List

Back