Home Depot: Our Suppliers Are Moving Out Of China

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
upload_2019-8-27_14-14-27.jpeg

Expect stories and reports coming out of China now that Trump has destroyed the lives of children slaving away in sweat shops, because they no longer have jobs.

Home Depot says suppliers are moving manufacturing out of China to avoid tariffs

View attachment 276235

Expect stories and reports coming out of China now that Trump has destroyed the lives of children slaving away in sweat shops, because they no longer have jobs.

Home Depot says suppliers are moving manufacturing out of China to avoid tariffs
The company’s suppliers are moving some manufacturing to other countries, including Taiwan and Vietnam.

They're never coming home, which is what Trump promised but everyone with a brain knew wouldn't happen.

View attachment 276235

The company’s suppliers are moving some manufacturing to other countries, including Taiwan and Vietnam.

They're never coming home, which is what Trump promised but everyone with a brain knew wouldn't happen.
The strengthening of the nations surrounding China - Art Of the Deal

View attachment 276235

Right. That's why Trump refused the TPP. That was it's intended goal. You're giving the man too much credit.

View attachment 276235

Right. That's why Trump refused the TPP. That was it's intended goal. You're giving the man too much credit.
Only 2 nations ratified TPP, not a good deal.

I don’t give Trump enough credit is the issue. NK, NAFTA, the wall, China, etc. Everyone else was cowards, he takes on the tough issues.

View attachment 276235

What makes you think that all these suppliers are American companies.

View attachment 276235

There is no way she will give Trump credit, if it failed she would be all over it. Blaming him.

View attachment 276235

Exactly. And, even if someone did want to start building things here again, they would have to build a factory, get it tooled, hire workers, and wait 5 years or so to see a profit. Never gonna happen, they will simply outsource to countries other than China.

View attachment 276235

I thought that was what this was all about? No? To bring home American manufacturing by making it too expensive to buy Chinese? I was talking about the promise, not the particular companies.
But actually I've read a couple more articles on this and it said some ARE coming to the US.
So that is good.

View attachment 276235

Exactly. And, even if someone did want to start building things here again, they would have to build a factory, get it tooled, hire workers, and wait 5 years or so to see a profit. Never gonna happen, they will simply outsource to countries other than China.

Never? Never say never. :funnyface:

One of our suppliers (AGFA) is beta testing moving to supply from Vietnam as well.
Anything and everything taken from China is good for America. China is our greatest threat. Period.

View attachment 276235

Sad that your limited attention span prevented you from reading the entire linked article.

View attachment 276235

I thought that was what this was all about? No? To bring home American manufacturing by making it too expensive to buy Chinese? I was talking about the promise, not the particular companies.
But actually I've read a couple more articles on this and it said some ARE coming to the US.
So that is good.
The issue is with China. Strengthen Chinas neighbors while wearing China.

Trump is winning.

Again.

View attachment 276235

So that is good.
Bring home American manufacturing.. Is that it? But not all manufacturing is American. Many countries owned manufacturers in China. Not just American. Many of the ones leaving China aren't American.

View attachment 276235

Hey Old lady can you name name brand items that are made in America?

It will surprise you how many manufacturing jobs there are here in America that actually pay a decent wage!

View attachment 276235

Who cares, as long as it hurts China? Hurting China is how we will get rid of their unfair tarrifs.

View attachment 276235

So that is good.
Bring home American manufacturing.. Is that it? But not all manufacturing is American. Many countries owned manufacturers in China. Not just American. Many of the ones leaving China aren't American.
I tried to find something that listed some companies, and I couldn't find one. You got a link to share?

View attachment 276235

Who cares, as long as it hurts China? Hurting China is how we will get rid of their unfair tarrifs.
I don't know much about it, but what I read is that China subsidizes a lot of their companies (they're communist so they can) and it allows them to sell their goods cheaper than anyone else can. That's not exactly a tariff. I don't know what you call it. But I don't see how we're going to get them to stop, either. EVERY country has tariffs on some stuff coming in to their country, to protect their own businesses, farmers, whatever. Don't they?

View attachment 276235

The odds are they don't even move.

Forum List

Back