Home schooled children outpacing public school students

No, private or homeschooling.
Parental responsibility terrifies you, why?

My kids are All set I took responsibility.
Other people's kids are not my responsibility.
Simple.
And what about the MAJORITY of parents who cannot afford private school or cannot stay home for homeschooling...or can't homeschool because they, themselves are uneducated?

What about them?

Are you responding to the possibility of eliminating traditional public school and replacing it with homeschool? If so, the fantacy seems a bit far fetched: Given the choice, relatively few students are homeschooled.

This also raises the point: Why such a hysterical responce given the very small proportion of homeschooled kids? Could Public schools supporters be so concerned that homeschooling could snow-ball into a rapidly increasing choice as to actually threaten the existance of traditional schools? If so, then why so insecure?

Of course you have an example of this and not just making it up, right?

I can tell but everyone isn't you

Obviously you can't defend the public school debacle so you have nothing left but personal attacks.

giving-the-finger-profile.jpg

Again, blaming the public schools for your failure.

Bodey cant stand blaming public schools or teachers....she is an expert on schooling and teaching :eusa_liar::lol:

Whats to defend. You didn't learn anything?

I believe you

I went to public school and learned a lot. Maybe you should've paid attention oooooooorrrr you can blame the teacher. Whatever makes you feel better

You obviously learned a lot less than you think you did. You're a good argument for abolishing public schools.

Every educ study indicates the most important factor is involved parents. Not income, race, school type, community ... but parents. I know two kids who are going to Harvard and MIT on full rides, who went to horrible public schools, but who had great parents and some willing teachers who were grateful for kids who wanted to work.

I doubt a lot of parents have the background to home school, but they can be there for their kids. It's too bad that more aren't, and that doesn't include some ignorant fool like the woman in KC who beat up her kid's teacher to show she had her kid's back.

Last edited:
Every educ study indicates the most important factor is involved parents. Not income, race, school type, community ... but parents. I know two kids who are going to Harvard and MIT on full rides, who went to horrible public schools, but who had great parents and some willing teachers who were grateful for kids who wanted to work.

In other words, public schools are irrelevant. Why not just abolish them?

And what about the MAJORITY of parents who cannot afford private school or cannot stay home for homeschooling...or can't homeschool because they, themselves are uneducated?

Then they were not prepared to become parents. At best, they are no more than donors of protoplasm that evolves into more of the same type of creatures, ignorant but useful idiots making important decisions as they are directed by those they believe will feed and care for them...for 'free'.

Wow, so in order to pro create you need to have enough money for Private School? Sterilize the poor!

Then complain about Big Govt intruding on your personal lives lol.

Repubs create their own mud then wallow in it while complaining the whole time

You're doing so well with the poor manipulating them into aborting their children, why sterilize them?

We republicans need ditch diggers and fry cooks though, so we need idiots like you to stop aborting yourselves. See how that works?

Then they were not prepared to become parents. At best, they are no more than donors of protoplasm that evolves into more of the same type of creatures, ignorant but useful idiots making important decisions as they are directed by those they believe will feed and care for them...for 'free'.

Wow, so in order to pro create you need to have enough money for Private School? Sterilize the poor!

You're doing so well with the poor manipulating them into aborting their children, why sterilize them?

We republicans need ditch diggers and fry cooks though, so we need idiots like you to stop aborting yourselves. See how that works?

Repubs are generally poor :lol:

In other words, public schools are irrelevant. Why not just abolish them?

You're not being logical. Taking your OP to the maximum, you'd advocate having illiterate and uninvolved parents home schooling. I was merely pointing out that the OP is nothing new. If a kid has involved parents, he/she will have a good educ outcome ... assuming some disaster like illness or loss of job or something out of the parent's control doesn't intervene.

I really couldn't care less where kids go to school. But it's obvious that kids in failing public schools will have poorer chances. I will say I'm opposed to teacher unions, and I favor charter schools. And, I was fortunate to be able to send my kid to non-public, religiously affiliated school.

Last edited:
And what to do with all the children running the streets because they are not at school?

Back to child labor?

Simple.
And there is the typical lib whine.
"But what about"....Who fucking cares.
You slackers think everyone should be the same. Outcomes should be equal regardless of any differing factors.
Public schools aren't going anywhere.
The captive market aspect should be eliminated. Only those who use the public system should pay. Instead of taxation to fund schools there should be user fees.

Simple.
You slackers think everyone should be the same. Outcomes should be equal regardless of any differing factors.
The captive market aspect should be eliminated. Only those who use the public system should pay. Instead of taxation to fund schools there should be user fees.

So...you don't care about the consequences of more bored kids on the streets...of a larger chunk of our young people being uneducated?

Maybe is more teachers opt out of unions - as in another thread I'm posting - it will improve the quality of education and home schooling won't be necessary.:eusa_whistle:

Why? Background checks are not required for parents of public school students.

Because now in home schooling they will be the educators.

Parent educators should also pass the public state certifications for educators in general fields.

Then all parents should undergo background investigations. It is assumed that parents "educate" their children in many ways outside a formal setting. Or are you actually implying that homeschooling parents are somehow perverts who abuse their children?

Jake is a batshit-insane authoritarian...it really is that simple.

So...you don't care about the consequences of more bored kids on the streets...of a larger chunk of our young people being uneducated?

How many more "Bored Kids on The Streets" could there be?

Just using Dropout rate statistics over the past decade ending 2010, the public school has only retained 5% more students:

graph_dropoutrate2_us.png

I have several great friends that home school their kids, their kids ALWAYS test way above the Public school kids. They share the responsibility, one is good at math - she has a math session, another is good at language and writing - she schedules classes, another is phenomenal at History- she teaches a class. They all go outside, they all go to Tellus (science) Museum, they all go to Jekyll Island for a week or two to study the environment and marine life. They aren't rich, they grow their own food and meat, they know how to make it work so Mom can be there for the kids.

Oh and guess what, not one is from Georgia........they migrated here from the Northeast, Midwest and the Chicago Area. Their kids are some of the most polite and inquisitive kids I've ever met. I wish I had chosen to home school mine. I too thought I couldn't afford it, but it's one of those things you really can't afford NOT to do with the Public School System the way it is today.

My grandson struggles daily because he is so bored with his learning environment in Public Schools.

No. But maybe more people should consider the magnitude of the responsibility of having children. And failing to consider what raising a family means, socially, emotionally, and financially, I don't see why the rest of us should be forced to cough up the cash and support systems that such people refuse to provide for themselves. Wealth can be tallied in many ways besides what cash you have in your pocket. Government interference in the family,mother establishment of an entire class of financial dependents has impoverished society.

To answer a question -

remove union controls and force teachers to take qualification exams for the subjects they teach. If they fail, require them to take a leave of absence to return to school to become eligible - or, fire 'em!

If teachers have to be answerable for their actions, they will do what they can to actually TEACH their students.

To answer a question -

remove union controls and force teachers to take qualification exams for the subjects they teach. If they fail, require them to take a leave of absence to return to school to become eligible - or, fire 'em!

If teachers have to be answerable for their actions, they will do what they can to actually TEACH their students.

Not all states permit teachers' unions to collectively bargain.

To my knowledge, teachers do take qualification exams (secondary teachers take exams by subject). I'm not certain this is true in every state.

Forum List

Back