Homemade Kefir

Sorry, I've never seen, tasted or even heard of kefir that was effervescent. I thought you were dryly joking.
I'm still not sure...

I have a hard enough time eating yogurt, specially this Greek crap everyone's come out with, pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get Kefir even close to my house let alone under my nose......

okay i found the starter but i was away from home and did not have cooler...and i am not sure if i can drink 3 cups of milk stuff a day....weight gain and diabetes ...i am still thinking of just eating the grains and see what happens

The thing about kefir is, from what I've read on the livestrong website, is that it can actually have an effect on reducing cholesterol in your body. Also it said something about being hugh in HDLs, which pushes out the bad LDLs [low-density lipoproteins] in the blood.

I only drink about 2/3 of a 1-qt mason jar every 2-3 days, depending on how fast it ferments and then secondarily ripens.

I've eaten my own excess kefir grain, and they're not bad. Taste and consistency of sour gummy bears. Actually I like them a lot, and they're a punch of gut-friendly healthiness.

You always hear all the hype about beneficial, probiotic stuff and how people always go to buy greek yogurt or take acidopholus. Greek yogurt only has five good strains, and acidopholus supplements only have one. Homemade kefir's got up to 50. It's good stuff.

Gonna buy some vanilla beans and throw a piece in my kefir during the ripening phase for some extra kick.

Forum List

Back