Homosexual boy scout is mad because he won't be given eagle badge

WTF happened to the Boy Scouts. When I was a scout there was none of this shit. The actual scout doesn't care or see why thiese things go on. It is the adults who create all of the problems. A young scout don't care if the kid next to him is gay, probably don't even know he's gay. The gay kid probably don't know he's gay yet.

The scouts taught alot of good life lessons. When it came time for my son to join the scouts and he showed no intrest, I didn't even bother to pursue it.

Times have changed__

But I'll challenge your assertion. I knew a boy scout who got drunk and came out and his whole troop was less than enamored with him.

WTF happened to the Boy Scouts. When I was a scout there was none of this shit. The actual scout doesn't care or see why thiese things go on. It is the adults who create all of the problems. A young scout don't care if the kid next to him is gay, probably don't even know he's gay. The gay kid probably don't know he's gay yet.

The scouts taught alot of good life lessons. When it came time for my son to join the scouts and he showed no intrest, I didn't even bother to pursue it.

Times have changed__

But I'll challenge your assertion. I knew a boy scout who got drunk and came out and his whole troop was less than enamored with him.

There are more examples of that I'm sure. In that teachable moment what are the adults teaching the scouts?

I have a VERY outspoken friend, a longtime activist in the peace and justice community who is openly gay AND atheist.

Are many of your friends pieces-of-shit, shitheads, or shit-packers? Don't decent people like you?

Why does he want an Eagle Badge from a group he doesn't agree with?

I was in Camp Fire and did quite a bit to earn the same sort of honor but I quit in high school because I didn't relate to it anymore. Plus I realized many of the women involved were angry bitches.

Quit Job's Daughter too because in reality it just didn't make sense to me, I didn't expect to be given Honored Queen.

Okay.

He joined the Scouts when he was SIX. He would have had no idea he was gay, or what he thought about God. You couldn't kick him out when he discovered he was gay - he wouldn't have lied about his sexuality at the age of six, would he?

He also says that they all knew about his sexuality for years. He must have spoken up about it, so why didn't they kick him out then? Why wait until he had completed his project and then refuse to give him the badge?

He should get the badge because he has been a Scout for 12 years with no problems, and did everything required of him. He didn't lie to anyone.

Why does he want an Eagle Badge from a group he doesn't agree with?

I was in Camp Fire and did quite a bit to earn the same sort of honor but I quit in high school because I didn't relate to it anymore. Plus I realized many of the women involved were angry bitches.

Many of the tenets advocated by the BSA are laudable, and they’re embraced and practiced by homosexuals and those free from faith; it’s unfortunate the Scouts insist on such conformity.

Okay.

He joined the Scouts when he was SIX. He would have had no idea he was gay, or what he thought about God. You couldn't kick him out when he discovered he was gay - he wouldn't have lied about his sexuality at the age of six, would he?

He also says that they all knew about his sexuality for years. He must have spoken up about it, so why didn't they kick him out then? Why wait until he had completed his project and then refuse to give him the badge?

He should get the badge because he has been a Scout for 12 years with no problems, and did everything required of him. He didn't lie to anyone.

Except conform to the tenets of the organization.

The Atheist faggot pushed the issue, forcing the BSA's hand.

Boy Scout denied Eagle award after coming out | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Love how the main stream media lies about WHY he won't be given the badge. Says right there in the article he disagreed with their belief in god which is part of being a scout. Tough shit get over it and stop trying to make a scene because you think you are being discriminated against because of your preference for guys.

No problem.

Of course if the Boy Scouts is decriminating against atheists then the boy scouts does NOT deserve its 501(c)3 tax status.

Of course if the Boy Scouts is decriminating against atheists then the boy scouts does NOT deserve its 501(c)3 tax status.

You drooling-idiot shithead, since when was accepting shithead Atheists into an organization required for tax exempt status? Do churches know about this?

The Scouts' national spokesman, Deron Smith, said late Thursday that Ryan contributed to his situation by disagreeing with the BSA's religious principles.
"Recently, a Scout proactively notified his unit leadership and Eagle Scout Counselor that he does not agree to Scouting's principle of "Duty to God" and does not meet Scouting's membership standard on sexual orientation," Smith wrote in a statement to Yahoo News. "While the BSA did not proactively ask for this information, based on his statements and after discussion with his family he is being informed that he is no longer eligible for membership in Scouting."
Smith said belief in God is the foundation of scouting's strong, continuing commitment to encouraging moral, ethical and spiritual growth. It is the position of the Boy Scouts of America that no one can reach their full potential without belief in a higher power.

Ok, they just opened up a can of worms, THEY get to decide what that higher power is ?? is that it?? Total BS, if the kid did the work give him the merit, who gives a shit how he defines "a higher power" and whether or not he likes men. Organized religion hype once again.

The kid is just upset because the BSA doesn't have a Merit Badge for fudge packing.

Nice comment. That is an intelligent contribution to this discussion. BTW, what religion do you claim?

It was a nice comment. The faggot is sore that they didn't get to earn a shit-packing Merit Badge on any of their camping trips with cub scouts.

The Scouts' national spokesman, Deron Smith, said late Thursday that Ryan contributed to his situation by disagreeing with the BSA's religious principles.
"Recently, a Scout proactively notified his unit leadership and Eagle Scout Counselor that he does not agree to Scouting's principle of "Duty to God" and does not meet Scouting's membership standard on sexual orientation," Smith wrote in a statement to Yahoo News. "While the BSA did not proactively ask for this information, based on his statements and after discussion with his family he is being informed that he is no longer eligible for membership in Scouting."
Smith said belief in God is the foundation of scouting's strong, continuing commitment to encouraging moral, ethical and spiritual growth. It is the position of the Boy Scouts of America that no one can reach their full potential without belief in a higher power.

Ok, they just opened up a can of worms, THEY get to decide what that higher power is ?? is that it?? Total BS, if the kid did the work give him the merit, who gives a shit how he defines "a higher power" and whether or not he likes men. Organized religion hype once again.

Yes, they do – and it’s not BS.

Freedom of association allows private organizations to established the rules and requirements all members must abide by; the only option for those who disagree with those rules is to leave the organization or not join in the first place.

Social conservatives are all about the children-----unless that kid is gay. Then they couldn't care less. Their hatred of homosexuality supersedes their care of children. Gay boys aren't really children in their eyes. More like corrupted deviants who need to be shunned so their disease isn't spread.

Time for the Boy Scouts to float to the fringes of society. There is A LOT of outrage regarding this horrific display of discrimination. My heart goes out to Ryan. Hopefully he realizes millions worldwide DO genuinely care.

Social conservatives are all about the children-----unless that kid is gay. Then they couldn't care less. Their hatred of homosexuality supersedes their care of children. Gay boys aren't really children in their eyes. More like corrupted deviants who need to be shunned so their disease isn't spread.

Time for the Boy Scouts to float to the fringes of society. There is A LOT of outrage regarding this horrific display of discrimination. My heart goes out to Ryan. Hopefully he realizes millions worldwide DO genuinely care.

Yeah, it's so much more caring to let faggots in the scouts so they can rape and sodomize innocent boys? You're such a piece of hateful, fucking shit!

Forum List

Back