Homosexuality: Some natural and some unnatural?

Is homosexuality natural or unnatural and can it be healed?

• All homosexuality is unnatural on some level

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Some may be natural, some may be unnatural

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • No one's orientation is their free choice, they are born that way

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Homosexuality can be changed by healing the root cause

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No cases of healing homosexuality are valid

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other or It depends (please specify)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
I have a longstanding issue with people/groups either framing homosexuality as "always unnatural" or "not a choice but the person's born nature." Only one or the other, either/or, and pushing one position while denouncing the other as false.

What is WRONG with acknowledging that people may fall under either type?
Some may be born with such tendency, some may or may not develop or act on it, others may be naturally heterosexual, but after abuse were conditioned toward homosexuality (where some people have reported being healed of these conditions and attractions AFTER the abuse was healed that caused it!) Why can't all these be possible?

Are you one of those people who believes that
if people change their orientation and are no longer homosexual
then they weren't homosexual to begin with?
Doesn't that imply that homosexuality is a choice for such people?

Which way is it? Or does it depend on the person which is going on?

Thanks, just tired of hearing people argue one side over the other,
when many different experiences and situations exist for different people!

If Diabetes can have two types
Type I that is genetic and
Type II that can develop from other factors
and people can be
born with Cancer
or develop it later from certain circumstantial factors
and yet people can be treated and cured of either
type of cancer even if they were born with it

Why not acknowledge different situations going on
with homosexuality? Why does it have to be framed all one way or the other?

Homosexual behavior has been documented in several thousand species of animals. I think it's safe to say it's a natural phenomenon.

If you can really and happily CHOOSE whether you will engage in homor or hetero congress?

Then you are not a hetero or homosexual, then you are an authentic bisexual.

I think those people are rare compared to heteros or homos, but, yes I do think TRUE bisexuals exist.

People do not choose their sexuality, and homosexuality cannot be cured, no matter what the people from NARTH claim.

It's a preference.

Chocolate? Vanilla? Both? :dunno:

You'll go crazy attempting to justify or explain the appetites of Monkeys.

If you can really and happily CHOOSE whether you will engage in homor or hetero congress?

Then you are not a hetero or homosexual, then you are an authentic bisexual.

I think those people are rare compared to heteros or homos, but, yes I do think TRUE bisexuals exist.

What tickles YOUR fancy, Monkey?

Not necessarily YOU, Mr. e... It's a rhetorical query aimed generally.

Come on kids.

We all knew who the girlie boys were even as kids.

Those boys were gay (just like many of us were not) long Looooooooooooooooog before puberty hit them.

They no more made a decision to be gay than I made the decision to be hetero.

Next time some homophobe tells you that gays choose to be gay, ask then when they CHOOSE not to be.

Typically they are offended that you could even imagine that they might every have been anything but hetero.

People do not choose their sexuality, and homosexuality cannot be cured, no matter what the people from NARTH claim.

Like trying to 'cure' a preferential taste for calamari – this I can certainly understand, but Monkeys who like squid probably can't understand my understanding, and, truth be told, this is something that I can understand... After all, I certainly have appetites that other Monkeys just shake their heads at... Understand?

Come on kids.

We all knew who the girlie boys were even as kids.

Those boys were gay (just like many of us were not) long Looooooooooooooooog before puberty hit them.

They no more made a decision to be gay than I made the decision to be hetero.

Next time some homophobe tells you that gays choose to be gay, ask then when they CHOOSE not to be.

Typically they are offended that you could even imagine that they might every have been anything but hetero.

Actually, the "girlie" boys were the ones who didn't like to get into fights. In other words, they were called that, but that doesn't mean that's what they were. A homosexual has sex with the wrong sex. If they do not have sex, they are not yet homosexual. A man in prison who had a girl friend outside of prison but chooses to have sex with guys while in prison, is a homosexual. And bisexuals are homosexual. It is the sexual act that is wrong, not one's opinion, likes or dislikes.

Homosexual behavior has been documented in several thousand species of animals. I think it's safe to say it's a natural phenomenon.
so is a 2 headed snake or a 5 legged goat. it is a genetic mutation that is a weakness not a condition that insures the survival of the species . some people are born with no legs ..it is sometimes caused naturally but on average is very rare or the human race would not survive as a whole .i am not saying that these people are not deserving of all the rights that everybody else does but it is not something that is desirable on a large scale .homosexuality is a mental disorder and if all humans suffered from it the human race would go extinct.

Last edited:
Much like incest and polygamy it's something you are born with or at least a product of upbringing.

People do not choose their sex. They do choose what they intend to do with it or not do with it.

Disregard the thanks I have you. I'm on my phone and can't undo it. People do not choose their sexuality, so please, stop claiming such a thing as if you possess any kind of truth regarding this matter. What happened was, you read a " book, became convinced it was true, and molded your reality around it. Just remember, this is your reality, not the reality of the rest of the natural world.

Last edited:
We don't know for sure what causes sexuality. So... we can't really form a valid opinion on the matter yet.

However, I can tell you that sexuality is not a conscious decision, and that homosexual behavior does occur among many different species of animals.

Now whether or not it's hormonal, genetic, or whatever is still unclear.

so is a 2 headed snake or a 5 legged goat. it is a genetic mutation that is a weakness not a condition that insures the survival of the species . some people are born with no legs ..it is sometimes caused naturally but on average is very rare or the human race would not survive as a whole .i am not saying that these people are not deserving of all the rights that everybody else does but it is not something that is desirable on a large scale .homosexuality is a mental disorder and if all humans suffered from it the human race would go extinct.
First off, we don't know if it's genetic or not. Second off, the APA disregarded homosexuality as being a mental disorder in the 1970s. Homosexuality does not hinder one's perception of reality (or humanity's definition of reality). Therefore, it is not a mental disorder.

I think 99%of the time it's the way the person was born. Occasionally when a person goes to extremes and starts having surgery for a sex change, I wonder if it's not more mental illness related. Kinda like those people who have plastic surgery after plastic surgery because they will never be happy with the way they look. There is a deeper underlying cause to unhappiness.

It has also been documented that animals also engage in incest and sex with their young.

And your point is?

I think 99%of the time it's the way the person was born. Occasionally when a person goes to extremes and starts having surgery for a sex change, I wonder if it's not more mental illness related. Kinda like those people who have plastic surgery after plastic surgery because they will never be happy with the way they look. There is a deeper underlying cause to unhappiness.

History tells us otherwise.

In ancient Greece and Sparta it was culturally accpeted and widely practiced......unless you think there to be a rampant "gay gene" amongst these races.

First off, we don't know if it's genetic or not. Second off, the APA disregarded homosexuality as being a mental disorder in the 1970s. Homosexuality does not hinder one's perception of reality (or humanity's definition of reality). Therefore, it is not a mental disorder.

It is a sexual disorder, at least in terms of nature.

Looking at the numbers in the US, gay males account for over half the AIDS and STD cases even though they only account for about 5% of the population.

It sure looks unhealthy to me.

Forum List

Back