Honest debate: Libs...would the "AR15-pistol" w 10 Rd mag still be an "Assault Weapon"

I am of the opinion that all weapons are "ASSAULT" weapons. Any weapon can be used for an assault.

Even many objects not designed to be weapons can be still used as weapons.

=> Ban everything!
.......... *Goes to hide her Assault Pillow*

Hold it tight to your head.

How about if we just agree to keep people from the terrorist watch list from getting one?

Legally.

I think You forgot to add the word "legally" to the end of your sentence.

And even though I might agree (in a perfect world) that anyone on a terrorist watch list should not be permitted to buy any guns "legally." I would love to read your explanation for how you intend to keep them from getting their hands on any guns Illegally.

Also. . . what is your plans for anyone who is on a terrorist list who ALREADY has guns and may not even know they are a terrorist watch list? Are they any less of a danger to the rest of us?

These are BOTH Ruger 10/22s
73c052cc8fe66da351e7ff794b0d2138.jpg

The one on top is no faster nor more deadly than the one on the bottom. And a person CAN assault another person with either one.

Do they carry the same number of rounds? Is that a bump stock on the second one?
Do you know even what a bump stock is? fuck nut
You believe anything you hear from Hollywood and Washington don't you? Fucking bedwetter

Nope, I count on gun nuts to explain it.

I don't think a fixed stock rifle can accomplish this.

And now you're argument is gone.

I assure you they are not as advertised...
Gullible fucks like you will believe anything. Lol

Provide some evidence. In the video I posted the guy is claiming you can fire at the same rate as a fully auto or close to it and actually have more control. That's not some Brady bill representative that is from someone who likes guns...a lot.

Here is another:

Apparently a bumpstock turns your rifle into 'one badass lead slinging machine'.

If they are wrong then provide the evidence.

The one on top is no faster nor more deadly than the one on the bottom. And a person CAN assault another person with either one.

Do they carry the same number of rounds? Is that a bump stock on the second one?
You believe anything you hear from Hollywood and Washington don't you? Fucking bedwetter

That's fucking hilarious!

A bump stock on a .22! :Boom2:

Priceless!

I am of the opinion that all weapons are "ASSAULT" weapons. Any weapon can be used for an assault.

=> Ban everything!

How about if we just agree to keep people from the terrorist watch list from getting one?

Legally.

And even though I might agree (in a perfect world) that anyone on a terrorist watch list should not be permitted to buy any guns "legally." I would love to read your explanation for how you intend to keep them from getting their hands on any guns Illegally.

Also. . . what is your plans for anyone who is on a terrorist list who ALREADY has guns and may not even know they are a terrorist watch list? Are they any less of a danger to the rest of us?

Yep, legally, why make it easy for them? What's the down side?

Provide some evidence. In the video I posted the guy is claiming you can fire at the same rate as a fully auto or close to it and actually have more control. That's not some Brady bill representative that is from someone who likes guns...a lot.

Here is another:

Apparently a bumpstock turns your rifle into 'one badass lead slinging machine'.

That poor girl. . . she doesn't even realize how traumatized she is. Now she will be forever disabled with PTSD. Just from shooting that thing.

(sarcasm - deal with it)

Your picture is a 30 round clip (mag for you trolls), not the 10 round. The 10 round barely peaks out of the gun at all. And only in Colorado can you buy a 10 round already installed on the AR-15 since there is a huge shortage of 15 round mags.

I don't normally do this but..........Can you really be that stupid in believing that others can be even dumber!

You refer to people who know the difference between clip and magazine as trolls. Uneducated fucktard you are. A clip is for speed loading a magazine. A magazine is holding and dispensing the cartridges. Magazines can be internal (integrated into the firearm) or detachable. Clips can be box or stripper clips also (half)moon clips for revolvers. Look into it and educate yourself before you call people trolls because they know the correct terminology. Moron...

Here is another:

That poor girl. . . she doesn't even realize how traumatized she is. Now she will be forever disabled with PTSD. Just from shooting that thing.

(sarcasm - deal with it)

We're talking about the issue at hand, I could care less if a single reporter found his weapon scary.

=> Ban everything!

Sure...just as soon as you can describe, in detail, EXACTLY what sort of due process if required before ending up on a "terrorist watch list".

=> Ban everything!

Legally.

The down side is that the Government has no transparency in who is on the list and what the criteria is for them putting you on the list.

You have not answered my other questions. Why not? How are you going to keep anyone on a terrorist watch list from getting a gun ILLEGALLY? And, what are you going to do about anyone who is on one of those lists who already HAVE guns?

Also, I have to ask. . . do you agree that people should be considered innocent until PROVEN guilty? Yes or no?

They are called SLEEPERS.
I'd say Mateen slept around all right.
Troll. Address the whole post to have it in context. He may have been a sleeper called to action. Conveniently, he was shot to dead and we will never know it.
Yeah totally realistic man... And I bet as part of his cover he was supposed to have a cyber relationship with a transsexual. All part of throwing them off his holy sent
The lack of valid argument triggers an immediate ad hominem... Congratulations! You learned well in Obama's alma mater the community organizer school.

Don't you think it makes sense to set a reasonable limit to fire rate and ammo capacity? Isn't that just common sense?

No.....

'assault' weapons murdered 149 people.....in 34 years. There are 8 million of them in the country right now.....vs about 2 a year that are used illegally...

8,000,000 to 2 ...... is it rational to ban standard magazines for 8 million rifles because criminals misuse one or two of them?

Cars kill about 35,000 people each and every year, accidentally.......no one is talking about limiting their ability to go over 10 miles an hour...are they?

And for more perspective....knives murdered 1,567 people in one year...and murder over a thousand people every single year......no one talks about making knives less lethal...except the british....

=> Ban everything!

Legally.

The down side is that the Government has no transparency in who is on the list and what the criteria is for them putting you on the list.

First off, we are talking about a million people, I would guess most belong on the list. However why is it not until gun control that you actually care about the civil rights of people on the lists? I don't remember wingnuts caring about people on the no fly list right to travel, how come? Anyway, there should be proper channels for people to appeal their designation on the list. I think the Democrats have that in their plan.

You have not answered my other questions. Why not? How are you going to keep anyone on a terrorist watch list from getting a gun ILLEGALLY? And, what are you going to do about anyone who is on one of those lists who already HAVE guns?

I did answer your question. You can't keep people from ilegally buying weapons via gun control laws. What you can do is shut down gun show and private sale loop holes, have an effectual background check system and keep terrorists and others from easily buying legal weapons. I wouldn't expect that to solve everything.

Just like banning medication without a prescription to block all sales of illegal prescription medication. Doesn't mean we should open up psych medicine to the masses.

They are called SLEEPERS.
I'd say Mateen slept around all right.
Troll. Address the whole post to have it in context. He may have been a sleeper called to action. Conveniently, he was shot to dead and we will never know it.
Yeah totally realistic man... And I bet as part of his cover he was supposed to have a cyber relationship with a transsexual. All part of throwing them off his holy sent
The lack of valid argument triggers an immediate ad hominem... Congratulations! You learned well in Obama's alma mater the community organizer school.
It was your argument that he was a sleeper that has no validity to back it up. My argument pointed out real things that the shooter did that contradicts the argument that he was a devote Muslim. Nice try ya hypocrite

Don't you think it makes sense to set a reasonable limit to fire rate and ammo capacity? Isn't that just common sense?

I just wish Libs would be honest and just come out with it already....
You don't want anyone to have guns...because government will protect all of us and we really don't need to have them.
I'm liberal, I own over a dozen guns. I'm fine with responible citizens owning guns. I'm also for smart control measures to try and reduce the sale to and damage done by whackos that abuse the power of these weapons.

Nobody's guns have been taken away, people are buying in record numbers. I really don't understand the overreaction from the "gun crew" unless they are just eating up all the distorted NRA talking points

I have yet to see these NRA talking points......do you actually have them?

Please...name reasonable gun control measures....and please explain how they actually do what you say they will do...

For example...

democrats are having a vote monday on..

--universal background checks,
--no fly/no buy list

neither one would have stopped any of the mass shootings we have had in this country...not even Sunday's...so please, tell us what common sense gun control you want and how it works....

Cars kill about 35,000 people each and every year, accidentally.......no one is talking about limiting their ability to go over 10 miles an hour...are they?

And for more perspective....knives murdered 1,567 people in one year...and murder over a thousand people every single year......no one talks about making knives less lethal...except the british....

So, cars are required to have seat belts, you have to have a license, your car registered and you need to carry insurance. Also more Americans come into contact with cars (even if you don't drive) than guns.

Are you for all the legal requirements of guns as cars? Since you made the comparison I would have to assume you are.

PS some knives are illegal.

Legally.

First off, we are talking about a million people, I would guess most belong on the list. However why is it not until gun control that you actually care about the civil rights of people on the lists? I don't remember wingnuts caring about people on the no fly list right to travel, how come? Anyway, there should be proper channels for people to appeal their designation on the list. I think the Democrats have that in their plan.

I did answer your question. You can't keep people from ilegally buying weapons via gun control laws. What you can do is shut down gun show and private sale loop holes, have an effectual background check system and keep terrorists and others from easily buying legal weapons. I wouldn't expect that to solve everything.

Just like banning medication without a prescription to block all sales of illegal prescription medication. Doesn't mean we should open up psych medicine to the masses.

There is no gun show loophole.....and the Orlando shooter would have passed a universal background check...as would all the other mass shooters......and the ones who didn't murdered and stole the guns.....

France has a comprehensive system to keep terrorists from getting legal weapons....they don't sell them.....rifles are completely illegal in France, they have no gun shows, they have no gun stores, and you can't buy or own military style rifles...of any kind...AR-15s or fully automatic rifles....they even have terrorists watch lists, and fewer civil rights to block their cops...

And terrorists in France easily got fully automatic rifles even though they were actually on terrorist watch lists and they didn't murder 49 people...they murdered 140 people......

so...tell us how your magical list and magical background checks will stop terrorists again?

It was your argument that he was a sleeper that has no validity to back it up. My argument pointed out real things that the shooter did that contradicts the argument that he was a devote Muslim. Nice try ya hypocrite
..and I told you that sleepers look, act and live like any "ordinary" citizen in their neighborhood, workplace and social activities. I did not say he was one per se but it would not be surprising. I even said we would never know since he was shot dead. Nice try spinmeister.

Forum List

Back