Hope nobody here has a lot of stock in Boeing

It's not the same jet that was grounded. I hate Boeing for what they did (clearly putting their greed over safety) and I believe there should be Boeing officials in prison but this is not the same plane.

Still really bad timing for Boeing.

Was the plane a 737 ?? ... :cool:

It was a 26 year old 737-500. Not the same model as the one that was grounded. You know Sunni, it would really help to read the links, as that is what they are there for.

I don't think it was the model of the aircraft that allowed it to crash, but rather the age of it. Flying puts a lot of stress on most of the aircraft, and it needs to be inspected and parts replaced on a regular basis.

The plane wasn't a 737 Max. It was a 26 year old plane. Aviation safety is notoriously shaky in that part of the world.
It went down fast..as it was climbing over water. We'll have to wait for the analysis.

The plane wasn't a 737 Max. It was a 26 year old plane. Aviation safety is notoriously shaky in that part of the world.
It went down fast..as it was climbing over water. We'll have to wait for the analysis.
I thought the older 737 was grounded along with the 737 MAX until it was determined not to be a common design problem..Am I mistaken?

I thought the older 737 was grounded along with the 737 MAX until it was determined not to be a common design problem..Am I mistaken?

Yes. The older 737 didn't have the built in flaws the Max had.

Even if I did own Boeing stock my thoughts and prayers would still be with the 62 passengers that perished in the crash. Especially heartbreaking is the loss of 7 children and 3 babies. How sad.

"Authorities said at a presser that the aircraft was initially delayed for around half an hour due to heavy rain." What comes to mind is wind shear, but I'm no pilot.

The design problem is unique to the 737-MAX. Boeing screwed with the aerodynamics of the aircraft in order to squeeze more revenue out of each flight and then tried to overcome and compensate for what they broke with a software fix. The "fix" wrested control of the aircraft from the pilots on take-off when the plane is ALWAYS in a nose-high attitude and kept pushing the nose down because the software erroneously thought the plane was stalling and was trying to correct of this, ultimately forcing the plane to fly into the ground.

Dumbassery at it's criminal finest. By the way, the 737 is/was the safest and more frequently flown commercial aircraft in the world.

Forum List

Back