🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Horrible Job Creation In May

I'm glad he decided to take it on... I just differ with his method... anyone previous to him could have done tariffs as well, easy peasy.... but they would never ever want to hurt Americans the way Trump has done, thus those other 4 chose wisely.

I disagree. The previous presidents refused to truly take on China, and stop their illegal trade practices, and theft of our intellectual property. Trump's predecessors were afraid of being beat up by the 24/7/365 news media. So instead of standing up to China, they allowed China to target and destroy one US business after another, stealing us blind.

If you haven't noticed, Trump just does what he thinks is right, and to hell with the hostile news media. Even Chuck Schumer is backing up Trump on this.

So far, Trump has paid 28 billion to farmers in financial aid to help them due to these China tariffs, but they are still dropping like flies and filing bankruptcies left and right.... and have lost business, that will NEVER return, even after tariffs end, because they found other sources to buy from, like with Soybeans.... and Maine has gotten killed on Lobster sales to China, the Chinese are buying them from Canada instead.

He needed $5 billion for a Wall, but is spending $28 billion so far in bail outs to them, in trying to keep USA farmers afloat, due to these tariffs....where is his priorities?

Remember, China trade to the US is only about 13% of the total foreign trade. The vast majority of US citizens won't even feel the tariffs.

Trump's use of tariffs is not a trade policy to him, they are a tool, used to beat China into submission with. There will be some small amount of economic pain, but in the grand scheme of things it's nothing, compared to the reward from stopping China's theft.

I'm glad he decided to take it on... I just differ with his method... anyone previous to him could have done tariffs as well, easy peasy.... but they would never ever want to hurt Americans the way Trump has done, thus those other 4 chose wisely.

I disagree. The previous presidents refused to truly take on China, and stop their illegal trade practices, and theft of our intellectual property. Trump's predecessors were afraid of being beat up by the 24/7/365 news media. So instead of standing up to China, they allowed China to target and destroy one US business after another, stealing us blind.

If you haven't noticed, Trump just does what he thinks is right, and to hell with the hostile news media. Even Chuck Schumer is backing up Trump on this.

So far, Trump has paid 28 billion to farmers in financial aid to help them due to these China tariffs, but they are still dropping like flies and filing bankruptcies left and right.... and have lost business, that will NEVER return, even after tariffs end, because they found other sources to buy from, like with Soybeans.... and Maine has gotten killed on Lobster sales to China, the Chinese are buying them from Canada instead.

He needed $5 billion for a Wall, but is spending $28 billion so far in bail outs to them, in trying to keep USA farmers afloat, due to these tariffs....where is his priorities?

Remember, China trade to the US is only about 13% of the total foreign trade. The vast majority of US citizens won't even feel the tariffs.

Trump's use of tariffs is not a trade policy to him, they are a tool, used to beat China into submission with. There will be some small amount of economic pain, but in the grand scheme of things it's nothing, compared to the reward from stopping China's theft.
WE PAY THE TARIFFS

it is a TAX on us.

us Americans pay the tariffs in the price of goods. It hurts the middle class and lower class the most.

WE PAY THE TARIFFS

it is a TAX on us.

us Americans pay the tariffs in the price of goods. It hurts the middle class and lower class the most.
The importer pays the tariffs, we do not.

The only way we might be impacted by the tariffs, is if we decide to purchase products which have a paid a tariff. We are not forced to buy any foreign imports. No one will force you to buy Chinese goods.

Even when the imported products with a tariff are raw materials used in US manufacturing, we will only see an increase in prices if the manufacturer decides to pass those costs onto us. So far they have decided not to pass any costs on to consumers. Even if they did raise prices to their customers, the increase is most likely going to be 1%.

The curious thing about all of this, is some, not all, but some of the people complaining about tariffs as a tax on the people, never say a word in protest when taxes or new regulations are imposed on corporations.

I never hear Democrats bemoaning tax increases, because corporations will react to new taxes or new regulatory costs, by passing them on, and harming consumers, "hurting he middle class and lower class the most..

Last edited:
"Holds at 3.6".

That's three point six. Full employment.
That's because there are 96 million not in the labor force. Let's see what Tramp has to say about that, OK!

JAN. 11, 2017
TRUMP: And you’d have millions more workers right now in the United States that are — 96 million really wanting a job and they can’t get. You know that story. The real number — that’s the real number.
So, that’s the way it is. OK.

Also, it would have been better if he had gone through the WTO, with our other allies, to address the problem, (and the previous presidents should have done this in previous years before President Trump even took office)....

if it was world wide or allied wide actions, in unison, then China would be NOT BE going to Canada, to get Lobsters, as an example.

What the president has done, with his "Only I can fix it attitude", and ''shoot from the hip actions'' has harmed us....

Not only are prices going to rise, the tax on us, we are now having to pay farmers 15 billion a year in bail outs just to try to keep them afloat.

That's on us as well.

The only way we might be impacted by the tariffs, is if we decide to purchase products which have a paid a tariff. We are not forced to buy any foreign imports. No one will force you to buy Chinese goods.
OR you could PAY MORE for American goods, so that is not the "ONLY" way we are impacted by Tramp Tariffs! Either way WE pay more, not "Ghina."

We usually just anticipate about 80,000 jobs, to account for the usual ebb and flow within the market, due to people's inclination to switch jobs or just relocate to a new geographical location.
June 5, 2015
RUSH: From the moment Obama did his Porkulus, we needed 500,000 jobs a month just to stay even, and a little more than 500,000 jobs a month in order to grow the economy. And we haven't come close to 500,000 jobs in a month being created.
Not even close!

Also, it would have been better if he had gone through the WTO, with our other allies, to address the problem, (and the previous presidents should have done this in previous years before President Trump even took office)....

Well, that's just it, the WTO has been aware of China's illegal trade practices for years, and yet it has done nothing. But I think your point is that Trump could have rallied the other members of the WTO to back him up against China.

Maybe Trump tried that route, and did not find anyone willing to take on China? I don't remember. However, if he did talk to the other nations and could not find anyone willing to take the slings and arrows, this might be why he is going it alone. /shrug

WE PAY THE TARIFFS

it is a TAX on us.

Even when the imported products with a tariff are raw materials used in US manufacturing, we will only see an increase in prices if the manufacturer decides to pass those costs onto us. So far they have decided not to pass any costs on to consumers. Even if they did raise prices to their customers, the increase is most likely going to be 1%.

The curious thing about all of this, is some, not all, but some of the people complaining about tariffs as a tax on the people, never say a word in protest when taxes or new regulations are imposed on corporations.

I never hear Democrats bemoaning tax increases, because corporations will react to new taxes or new regulatory costs, by passing them on, and harming consumers, "hurting he middle class and lower class the most..
Hogwash!

The poor and middle class ARE FORCED to go to places like Walmart etc.... because they can not afford to go elsewhere.

This will hurt the poorest the most.

And yes, tariffs ARE a tax on us, when we buy the goods.

We usually just anticipate about 80,000 jobs, to account for the usual ebb and flow within the market, due to people's inclination to switch jobs or just relocate to a new geographical location.
June 5, 2015
RUSH: From the moment Obama did his Porkulus, we needed 500,000 jobs a month just to stay even, and a little more than 500,000 jobs a month in order to grow the economy. And we haven't come close to 500,000 jobs in a month being created.
Not even close!
First of all, who cares what Limbaugh might have to say? Secondly, you just find a quote without context, and expect all of us to make assumptions about it? Limbaugh is always satirical

The so called Porkulous was back in 2009, and yes, back then I remember all the false, and politically charged predictions for massive job growth. "Just pass my porkulous, ObamaCare, <insert billion dollar boondoggle bill here> and I promise millions of new jobs. Then I have this cool bridge to sell ya."

These were the only comments I could find by Limbaugh where he referenced 500,000 jobs: (took 15 minutes before i gave up looking)

O’s Unemployment is a Disaster

The Labor Department says the economy generated only 18,000 net jobs in June. Pelosi — we’ve got it on tape — said that 400,000 jobs would be created immediately after Obamacare was passed. Biden said we’d be creating, what, 500,000 jobs a month because of the stimulus. Yeah, 500,000 jobs each month, and yet only 18,000 jobs were added in this, our second Summer of Recovery. And they finally report this, folks, in the story. Last month’s job number was revised down by almost half. So May’s unemployment was probably 9.2% as well. Only 18,000 jobs were added in June, and that’s gonna be revised down next month. All these numbers changed; they just never tell us the next month how they were wrong.

Besides, the amount of jobs that need to be created each month to change the unemployment figure by 0.1%, is determined according to the size of the labor force, the participation rate, the current unemployment rate, current population, etc...

Last edited:
Hogwash!

The poor and middle class ARE FORCED to go to places like Walmart etc.... because they can not afford to go elsewhere.

This will hurt the poorest the most.

And yes, tariffs ARE a tax on us, when we buy the goods.
No one is forcing anyone to go to Walmart. Besides, Walmart has warehouses stuffed with products they bought months ago. They will look for the best prices they can find, and restock their shelves with the best deals they can find.

If Chinese products are no longer the cheapest, Walmart will stock their shelves with products from Vietnam, India, Mexico, etc...

Let's not pretend that the so called "middle class" are out there buying large items like TVs, lawn mowers, cell phones, or even new pairs of shoes, every day.

What products that the "poor and middle class" purchase weekly, will be impacted? Keep in mind, no one is forcing anyone to buy Chinese products.

Besides, if you fear the power that Chinese products have over the poor today, what do you think will happen twenty years from now, if we do nothing, and Chinese monopoly dominates the world's manufacturing markets? If there are no more competitors out there, what is to stop China from raising prices or lower quality, or both?

We need to control China now, before they have a strangle hold over us.

I think it was last Jan or Feb the jobs report was lousy and the left lost their collective minds and the next month it came roaring back.

One month is not a trend.

This is actually more significant. The last time we had a plateau on the end of a strong growth Like this was just prior to the massive financial boom of the 60s and 70s.

This isn't so much of a stall as it is a saturation point. From here we have two directions that we can possibly go in. We will now see how astute Trump's economic team really is.... If they put pressure on the economy to expand this point it can and should create a much larger new normal floor. This is where we climb a rung on the ladder and stay there.... Or we could chicken out like the banks on the FED really want to do because they're afraid of new territory and we can shrink back down to the old normal. No pain no gain.

Jo

"Holds at 3.6".

That's three point six. Full employment.
:rolleyes:

but what happened to all the jobs that the 40% republican tax cut for corporations was suppose to create?

they pocketed the money

DID NOT create jobs with it, as we were lied to, and told would happen.

They created a million of them so far......and the left wing colleges have failed to train the people to fill them...but I am sure those degrees in feminist poetry from the 18th century works great for that Starbucks job...

I think it was last Jan or Feb the jobs report was lousy and the left lost their collective minds and the next month it came roaring back.

One month is not a trend.

This is actually more significant. The last time we had a plateau on the end of a strong growth Like this was just prior to the massive financial boom of the 60s and 70s.

This isn't so much of a stall as it is a saturation point. From here we have two directions that we can possibly go in. We will now see how astute Trump's economic team really is.... If they put pressure on the economy to expand this point it can and should create a much larger new normal floor. This is where we climb a rung on the ladder and stay there.... Or we could chicken out like the banks on the FED really want to do because they're afraid of new territory and we can shrink back down to the old normal. No pain no gain.

Jo

Yep...... A pause and then the economy will expand...

Forum List

Back