Horrible times ahead...

The government fucked this up so bad there will never be a normal again. How long is America going to be held hostage?

The last time unemployment was this high, we were in the depths of the Great Depression.

The last time the government was in this much debt, we were at the height of World War II.

The last time every day life was disrupted this much -- was NEVER.

The virus is only a small part of the problem.

The government's completely spastic overreaction to the virus has caused so much damage to our economy it may take decades to dig out of this hole we're now in.

United States has by far the most infections. New York is about to start piling bodies in the parks and you seriously think we are over reacting?

Do you completely not get what this picture looks like WITHOUT the shut down? We would be looking at total healthcare capacity overflow and final death toll in the millions.
..you people must have failed 4th grade----the US death rate is MUCH lower than Italy's...the infection rate is about the same rate

...my company of about 60 people has been working and has not stopped
..you people think this is the movies---it's not

stopped....I live in a medium to large city [ if you count the county ]

Last edited:
I think everybody is overreacting. We've only been shutdown for a couple of weeks, and yet we think it's the end of the Fn world?

If we didn't have this virus around, and the President announced he wanted us to all have a vacation for one month during these booming economic times--paid for by the government, we would be festive, celebrating, we would be in our glory!!!!!

In our time, we've lived through multiple recessions. We lived through the housing crisis. We survived the OKC bombing; 911. We survive the common flu that kills 40,000 Americans on average ever year, now 90,000 Americans overdosing, not to mention suicides, wars......

We are Americans. As such, we've seen much worse than this. It's the price of liberty. Coronavirus treatments are advancing. Numbers of infected and deaths are flat lining. Multiple vaccines are in the process of testing. N-95 masks are being manufactured by the tens of thousands every day. COVID testing has advanced tenfold.

So now, we are asked to sit home in front of our big screen televisions, watch some of our 400 channels via cable and satellite, screw around on this internet for hours on end, sanitize our hands, wash frequently, and wear face masks while the government pays us to do so.

I'm sure the people in Somalia are just grieving for our terrible situation as they mix mud to stop the leaks in their huts. Europe shuts down for six weeks every single year to take vacations. I'm sure we'll somehow survive.
Yes but in all those countries the people are not under house arrest. The can go out and travel, go to the beach with friend and family, That is not the case here. Nothing to celebrate

This is what democrats did. Don't forget that. They want to do worse. It's a democrat governor that prohibits church services. It's a democrat governor having people arrested for visiting a neighbor. It's a democrat governor that is letting violent felons out of prison to make room for fathers playing ball with their children.

Never forget what the democrats have done and are doing. Never. November is coming isn't just a slogan. Make it your battle cry. If they last that long.
You assfucks are supposed to stay the fuck at home.

You morons want to run around & infecting each other?

Are you so fucking stupid to realize this will only make the social distancing orders last longer?

This is why NEVER EVER to vote fot stupid fuckiung Republicans.

The last time unemployment was this high, we were in the depths of the Great Depression.

The last time the government was in this much debt, we were at the height of World War II.

The last time every day life was disrupted this much -- was NEVER.

The virus is only a small part of the problem.

The government's completely spastic overreaction to the virus has caused so much damage to our economy it may take decades to dig out of this hole we're now in.

What are you saying? We need to spend another $100 trillion to fight carbon emissions.

This is what democrats did. Don't forget that. They want to do worse. It's a democrat governor that prohibits church services. It's a democrat governor having people arrested for visiting a neighbor. It's a democrat governor that is letting violent felons out of prison to make room for fathers playing ball with their children.

Never forget what the democrats have done and are doing. Never. November is coming isn't just a slogan. Make it your battle cry. If they last that long.

Are you so fucking stupid to realize this will only make the social distancing orders last longer?

hahahahhahahahahaha----and good thing you are not in charge...jesus christ
......again: my company has not stopped working--we've put in controls/checks/policies to keep infection down

1586698391043.png

I think everybody is overreacting. We've only been shutdown for a couple of weeks, and yet we think it's the end of the Fn world?

If we didn't have this virus around, and the President announced he wanted us to all have a vacation for one month during these booming economic times--paid for by the government, we would be festive, celebrating, we would be in our glory!!!!!

In our time, we've lived through multiple recessions. We lived through the housing crisis. We survived the OKC bombing; 911. We survive the common flu that kills 40,000 Americans on average ever year, now 90,000 Americans overdosing, not to mention suicides, wars......

We are Americans. As such, we've seen much worse than this. It's the price of liberty. Coronavirus treatments are advancing. Numbers of infected and deaths are flat lining. Multiple vaccines are in the process of testing. N-95 masks are being manufactured by the tens of thousands every day. COVID testing has advanced tenfold.

So now, we are asked to sit home in front of our big screen televisions, watch some of our 400 channels via cable and satellite, screw around on this internet for hours on end, sanitize our hands, wash frequently, and wear face masks while the government pays us to do so.

I'm sure the people in Somalia are just grieving for our terrible situation as they mix mud to stop the leaks in their huts. Europe shuts down for six weeks every single year to take vacations. I'm sure we'll somehow survive.
Yes but in all those countries the people are not under house arrest. The can go out and travel, go to the beach with friend and family, That is not the case here. Nothing to celebrate

The point I was making is it's not going to kill us to stay home for a short period of time. In my state, yes, bars, non-essential businesses, concerts, movies and so on are not open for business, but I can still go to Burger King, still go grocery shopping, still visit people if I desire, still go outside and work on the yard on Global Warming days. Hell, I went to the UPS store yesterday with no problem.

I'm a homebody person to start with, so it's not a big deal to me.

Ill do whatever I want dude. You can cower in fear. I will stay away from folks but I will go wherever I want.

This is the democrat. This is what is destroying the country.

The point I was making is it's not going to kill us to stay home for a short period of time. In my state, yes, bars, non-essential businesses, concerts, movies and so on are not open for business, but I can still go to Burger King, still go grocery shopping, still visit people if I desire, still go outside and work on the yard on Global Warming days. Hell, I went to the UPS store yesterday with no problem.

Summer is here, I love to go boating to either to fish, ski or dive but the wannabe dictators have closed the boat ramps and marinas. Why to stop the gatherings on the sand bars. So the little dictator decides to punish everyone instead of using the police force to break up the crowds on the sand bar. i cannot think of better social distancing to be out on the Atlantic in boat,

Yesterday I had a mushroom and swiss burger...it was the best mushroom and swiss burger I've ever had. And I got some peanut butter...which I've been craving.

These are things I've taken for granted my entire life.

This has been bad...and many have died....but I do see a silver lining. Young people get to see what life is really like outside of the First World. That something as simple as food can't be taken for granted. That the leftist ideas that the government can take care of you are bunk. That the preppers and the gun enthusiasts were right... it's up to you to take care of you! I think we're going to see a mass exodus from the cities, a new surge of pragmatic individualists and a new appreciation for the lifestyle we are afforded in America and a newfound determination to protect that lifestyle.

I'm not doom and gloom at all. I see a bright new era dawning in our country.

Summer is here, I love to go boating to either to fish, ski or dive but the wannabe dictators have closed the boat ramps and marinas. Why to stop the gatherings on the sand bars. So the little dictator decides to punish everyone instead of using the police force to break up the crowds on the sand bar. i cannot think of better social distancing to be out on the Atlantic in boat,

Kind of when I read stories of the commies prohibiting smoking at beaches. As one standup comedian put it "Maybe they should tell them that the beaches are outside???"

Last week there were a stretch of days with no precipitation (in Cleveland, a stretch means three days). So I figured I'd get my car washed. My car wash was closed. The only thing open was the automated one, which doesn't do that great of a job.

At the car wash, a guy approaches your car, takes your money, and brings back a receipt if you want one. There is little interaction. He's outside, and I'm in my car. At the end of the car wash, there are two or three people there to towel dry the remaining water the blower didn't get. They are outside, and I'm in my car, although I always give them a tip. But it's no different than the interaction at a fast food drive-thru.

Yesterday I had a mushroom and swiss burger...it was the best mushroom and swiss burger I've ever had. And I got some peanut butter...which I've been craving.

These are things I've taken for granted my entire life.

This has been bad...and many have died....but I do see a silver lining. Young people get to see what life is really like outside of the First World. That something as simple as food can't be taken for granted. That the leftist ideas that the government can take care of you are bunk. That the preppers and the gun enthusiasts were right... it's up to you to take care of you! I think we're going to see a mass exodus from the cities, a new surge of pragmatic individualists and a new appreciation for the lifestyle we are afforded in America and a newfound determination to protect that lifestyle.

I'm not doom and gloom at all. I see a bright new era dawning in our country.

It may also snuff out that open border mentality some have. After all, how did that virus get into our country? It came from another country.

People are uncaring about our national debt, even though many of us are warning that some day, there will be an economic collapse, and our country will look like Venezuela. There are people who don't think that's possible in this land of wealth. Sure, that can happen in other places, but not here in the good ole US of A.

Now we think it's the end of the world because toilet paper is difficult to find. Wait until they see how it will be when food is just as scarce.

People are dying. Just a few days ago, someone was dying of COVID every 43 seconds. Stay home. It's not forever.

For $150 you can get a VR headset that will take you anywhere in the world AND give you social interaction if that is what you crave. Yesterday I dove on a submerged shipwreck, walked around Paris, flew A fighter jet and got in some fishing on a quiet lake...all from the comfort of my home.

The only thing you are missing are the freedoms GUARANTEED by the Constitution. Enjoy Easter at home alone.

People are dying. Just a few days ago, someone was dying of COVID every 43 seconds. Stay home. It's not forever.

For $150 you can get a VR headset that will take you anywhere in the world AND give you social interaction if that is what you crave. Yesterday I dove on a submerged shipwreck, walked around Paris, flew A fighter jet and got in some fishing on a quiet lake...all from the comfort of my home.
and I bet you enjoy watching the video game racing that NASCAR is pushing on people in this age of House Arrests

and I bet you enjoy watching the video game racing that NASCAR is pushing on people in this age of House Arrests
Nah. I did just get a wheel and pedals for my PS4 and have a couple VR racing games for my headset. Pretty fun but I like flying jets and doing space stuff better. Weightlessness is pretty fucking cool.

My chiropractor's neighbor was out early in the morning paddleboarding in the ocean. All alone. No one on the beach. Then a police patrol boat arrested him. He spent two days in jail before they let him go. No charges. Warned not to do it again.

You are KEELING people.

Kind of when I read stories of the commies prohibiting smoking at beaches. As one standup comedian put it "Maybe they should tell them that the beaches are outside???"

Last week there were a stretch of days with no precipitation (in Cleveland, a stretch means three days). So I figured I'd get my car washed. My car wash was closed. The only thing open was the automated one, which doesn't do that great of a job.

At the car wash, a guy approaches your car, takes your money, and brings back a receipt if you want one. There is little interaction. He's outside, and I'm in my car. At the end of the car wash, there are two or three people there to towel dry the remaining water the blower didn't get. They are outside, and I'm in my car, although I always give them a tip. But it's no different than the interaction at a fast food drive-thru.
Your car is filled with germs.

Forum List

Back