House Dem: Constitution was designed to increase government power

Yes, this assclown actually said this.

A House Democrat said Wednesday that it "really bothers me" when people claim the U.S. Constitution was designed to limit the federal government's power.

At a Wednesday House Judiciary Committee hearing focusing on whether Congress should consider impeaching IRS Commissioner John Koskinen, Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., said the founding document of the U.S. was designed for the "opposite" purpose.

I'm not surprised he believes this. He's an extremist far left nut job. I'm surprised he actually stated it publicly.

Damn it. Technically speaking, COMPARED TO THE ARTICLES OF CONFEDERATION, he is correct.

Under the articles the central government was unable to function effectively.

The constitution was written to increase the power of the federal government relative to that.

BUT, the concept of limitations and separations of powers, was NOT ABANDONED, just moderated.
Could America have survived if the framers had not given the central government more power than the Articles?

Wow, you don't get it

The Articles gave the national government almost no power. When Washington would plead with them to please pay the troops, the response was usually: If we had it you'd be the first to get it. So we borrowed, running up our first debt, and ended up with DC as the new capital.
(how did that happen?)

Exactly, they went from no power to limited power, not absolute power

And these clowns don't want to stop at Federal Power. They want Globalization, International Law, and the UN. All you have to do is listen and study what they say and write.

Did the EU stop at just Economics? NO, these types can't do it - THEY want it ALL.

Yes, this assclown actually said this.

A House Democrat said Wednesday that it "really bothers me" when people claim the U.S. Constitution was designed to limit the federal government's power.

At a Wednesday House Judiciary Committee hearing focusing on whether Congress should consider impeaching IRS Commissioner John Koskinen, Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., said the founding document of the U.S. was designed for the "opposite" purpose.

I'm not surprised he believes this. He's an extremist far left nut job. I'm surprised he actually stated it publicly.

He's not a far left nut job, he's a typical commiecrat, they think the government can do anything it wants.

Forum List

Back