🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
I'm sure every rational person in this forum has noticed all the douchebag snowflakes claiming no one wants to take our guns. More than 150 House Democrats just proved them wrong in spades:

House Democrats have introduced a bill banning semi-automatic firearms in the wake of the Feb. 14 shooting at a high school in Parkland, Fla. Rep. David Cicilline, D-R.I., announced Monday he is introducing the Assault Weapons Ban of 2018. More than 150 Democrats have signed on in support of the legislation, Rep. Ted Deutch, D-Fla., said

I'm sure every rational person in this forum has noticed all the douchebag snowflakes claiming no one wants to take our guns. More than 150 House Democrats just proved them wrong in spades:

House Democrats have introduced a bill banning semi-automatic firearms in the wake of the Feb. 14 shooting at a high school in Parkland, Fla. Rep. David Cicilline, D-R.I., announced Monday he is introducing the Assault Weapons Ban of 2018. More than 150 Democrats have signed on in support of the legislation, Rep. Ted Deutch, D-Fla., said

But Democrats are not using this tragedy to promote their political agenda.

tenor.gif

They just don't get it do they? Give them credit the democrats are hell bent on taking away our rights

This is why we cant figure anything out.
People are retarded.
I mean that as insincerely as possible. I hope it hurts their feelz... fuckin faggots

This is the best news I've ever heard ... I only wish they'd waited until closer to the mid-terms to push for this.

The Democratic Party is turning about 100 million gun owners into criminals.

Trying to, anyway. It won't pass, over a Republican majority. If it does pass both houses of Congress, President Trump will veto it. If President Trump does signed into law, or if Congress overrides his veto, given recent rulings from the Supreme Court, it will be struck down as blatantly unconstitutional.

Look for a repeat of 1994. No other issue was nearly as correlated with Congeresscrooks failing to win reelection, as having supported the fraudulent “assault weapon” ban back then. And the political climate now is less tolerant of this sort of nonsense than it was back then.

In trying to make criminals out of law-abiding Americans, this batch of Congresscrooks will just make unemployed losers out of themselves, come the next election cycle.

Maybe they should make the Democrats debate their gun ban bill in german.
That would be interesting.

Hmm. Seems a rather simple solution. Vote Them Out

Semiautomatics are a necessity and there can be no compromise!!! Forget hunting, recreation etc. As per the 2nd Amendment... (we are to have arms commensurate with that of the civilian authority force 'policing' us) (one's self defense is severely put in jeopardy without semiautomatics)

I am reminded of one poignant story of a mother protecting her x 2 children from a break-in intruder (in Georgia)...

She emptied her x 6 shot revolver landing 5 hits on his face, neck, torso regions (incredible in and of its self)... & she kept pulling the trigger on empty cylinders... Fortunately he ended up running out of the house - driving away and crashing his car a short time later.

RU telling me that you don't want that woman (and many like her) to have access to a 10, 15, 20 round semi auto pistol? rifle... what have you... Who are 'you' to dictate one's protection level...?

Georgia Mom Shoots Home Invader, Hides With Kids

I live in the middle of my 370 acre farm and don't have kids in the house... U telling me that I shouldn't have my .308 AR-10 with a full magazine and round chambered & a pile of mags underneath my bed? Why shouldn't I have that prerogative... Living so remotely I've had trucks creep up my drive with lights off... what if x 4 guys coming down from their meth binge got out and wanted to rob / kill me'n mine....? Am I to have my Govt. approved single shot weapon in hand and call 911...? F'n morons...

Last edited:
Text of the bill: https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/cicilline.house.gov/files/images/Assault_Weapons_Ban_of_2018.pdf

I still don't understand some of the features of "assault weapons." Why is a pistol grip important? Why does it matter if a pistol can accept a magazine somewhere other than the grip? For that matter, when did "assault weapons" start including shotguns and pistols?

It's because there is no genuine, meaningful distinction between the arms that are being targeted as “assault weapons”, and those that are not, that have any bearing on the suitability of those arms for legitimate purposes or for criminal purposes.

As the Violence Policy Center admits boasts

The weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons—anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun—can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons. In addition, few people can envision a practical use for these weapons.

It's a category created entirely based on what they thought they could deceive the public into supporting a ban on, based on cosmetic appearance, and not on actual function.

Text of the bill: https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/cicilline.house.gov/files/images/Assault_Weapons_Ban_of_2018.pdf

I still don't understand some of the features of "assault weapons." Why is a pistol grip important? Why does it matter if a pistol can accept a magazine somewhere other than the grip? For that matter, when did "assault weapons" start including shotguns and pistols?

It's because there is no genuine, meaningful distinction between the arms that are being targeted as “assault weapons”, and those that are not, that have any bearing on the suitability of those arms for legitimate purposes or for criminal purposes.

As the Violence Policy Center admits boasts

The weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons—anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun—can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons. In addition, few people can envision a practical use for these weapons.

It's a category created entirely based on what they thought they could deceive the public into supporting a ban on, based on cosmetic appearance, and not on actual function.

There are features involved about which I understand the issue, even if I do not agree with the reasoning, such as higher capacity magazines. A pistol grip, though.....what is the rationale given for that? I have to imagine there is at least some sort of reason given beyond pure cosmetics.

Trying to, anyway. It won't pass, over a Republican majority.

They never expected it to. It's all political theater.

Democrats are not alone in stunts like this. Remember how the Republicans voted to get rid of Commie Care over 45 times? Then when it came time where it could actually become reality, they started ho-humming.

Never let a good tragedy go to waste I always say. Wait a minute.......I heard that somewhere else before.

Now the Republicans will be accused of being the obstructionists; how they unanimously defeated the ability to stop school shootings; how they are in bed with the NRA and doing their bidding. The sad thing is, their sheep will buy into every word of it.

Many of their constituents have no idea WTF their leaders are talking about. So they just assume that these things are important even if they don't know what it means.

I always try to trick liberals when they bash the AR. I ask them what's the difference between the AR and a semi--automatic hand gun? Most don't even know, just like they don't know the difference between a semi-automatic rifle and a fully-automatic rifle. They keep responding how fully-automatic riles should not be allowed to be sold to the public.

In retrospect perhaps we don't need semi autos at all... It's not like our Gov. is ever going to expand and seek to regulate us beyond what they are Constitutionally allowed to do. We are such a secure Nation any way, not being inundated with illegals... We live in harmony with our fellow man and all we need to do is trust in Govt. regulation and our infallible 'living breathing' Judicial process...

Perhaps all we need is a single shot rifle & or a double barrel shotgun... Joe Biden, with his sage advice, may be right on this... Video Worth Watching

Last edited:

Forum List

Back