House Democrats plan to push for $15 federal minimum wage

If you work full-time, you should be able to support your family. its called the American dream!

No kidding, Democrats want to raise wages and create more jobs....what could possibly go wrong? Oh yeah, your hours will get cut, but wait, they'll need more employees. Great plan dumbass, but think of all the free time you'll have to find a second job.
It's not like minimum wages haven't been increased in the past...and guess what...none of that happened

It was never increased enough to matter one way or another.

Listen, if you seriously don't believe there will be any negative repercussions from raising the minimum wage, why settle for something as low as $15/hr. I mean, that's better than ten, but it's still not much. Why not make everyone rich? Why not $200/hr? I'd seriously like to hear your answer. If I saw it the way you do, I sure as fuck wouldn't dick around with $15/hr.
That's a dishonest debate tactic and pretty fucking stupid.

Oxygen is necessary. An atmosphere consisting of 100% oxygen would kill you.

Be gone troll

Some jobs were never worth any more than say, right around seven dollars an hour.

Then you shouldn't ask an adult human being to do them.

If it's that valueless...do it yourself.

It might gain value real quick then

Some jobs were never worth any more than say, right around seven dollars an hour.

Then you shouldn't ask an adult human being to do them.

If it's that valueless...do it yourself.

It might gain value real quick then
Na, not really
Some jobs are starter/beginner jobs never meant to be careers…

If you work full-time, you should be able to support your family. its called the American dream!

No kidding, Democrats want to raise wages and create more jobs....what could possibly go wrong? Oh yeah, your hours will get cut, but wait, they'll need more employees. Great plan dumbass, but think of all the free time you'll have to find a second job.
It's not like minimum wages haven't been increased in the past...and guess what...none of that happened

Listen, if you seriously don't believe there will be any negative repercussions from raising the minimum wage, why settle for something as low as $15/hr. I mean, that's better than ten, but it's still not much. Why not make everyone rich? Why not $200/hr? I'd seriously like to hear your answer. If I saw it the way you do, I sure as fuck wouldn't dick around with $15/hr.

Be gone troll
Yeah why not? 15 is that enough today, tomorrow or year from now?

If true, then why the nonstop outrage over income inequality?

You seem to misunderstand that issue.

In a nation where millions are EMPLOYED...and still can't pay rent, put food on the table, buy necessary medicine, and put decent clothes on their kids' back...we have 1% of the population with so much fucking money that they can't find shit to spend it on

In a nation where millions are EMPLOYED...and still can't pay rent, put food on the table, buy necessary medicine, and put decent clothes on their kids' back...we have 1% of the population with so much fucking money that they can't find shit to spend it on
Some jobs are starter jobs/beginner jobs never meant to be careers dumbass

Obviously inflation should always be a factor.

In fact if we had adjusted for inflation for minimum wage from 1968...it would currently be $12.50. It is far below that.

Last edited:

Uh huh... what's dishonest about it?

Here, let's back up a couple of steps. Do you think there are any negative repercussions from minimum wage laws? Is that a dishonest question? Can you answer it?

Be gone troll

Yeah, feeling a $15/hr. minimum wage would not have a negative impact is what's pretty fucking stupid.

Here, let's back up a couple of steps. Do you think there are any negative repercussions from minimum wage laws? Is that a dishonest question? Can you answer it?

There are positive and negatives about ANYTHING genius.

But the thing that matters is the net benefit.

And the net benefit of increases to minimum wage...in every case where it has been done (and there are many) has always been positive

Okay cool....how is that not a direct comparison to your neighbor?
Your neighbor is wealthy and you’re not so you’re pissed...right?

Obviously inflation should always be a factor.

In fact if we had adjusted for inflation for minimum wage from 1968...ti would currently be $12.50. It is far below that.
Why not a raise 15$. every year or more?

All I know when it gets too $50 bucks an hour I will be working at McDonald's and fucking up everyone's order on purpose..

Yeah, feeling a $15/hr. minimum wage would not have a negative impact is what's pretty fucking stupid.

$15 may be too much...in some parts of the country. $12 might be batter number and maybe it should be regionally adjusted...but clearly $7.25 is insanely low

Forum List

Back