House Democrats plan to push for $15 federal minimum wage

`
Push comes to shove, pass along any additional costs to the consumer.

You donate..

Just like we donate when any costs increase
Businesses deal with cost increases of raw materials, energy, taxes, insurance, executive pay......the market adjusts

But try to increase the pay of the lowest paid worker and conservatives threaten the end of the world
As business owner, it is my decision how much I pay my workers. It is none of your business to tell me what I pay. Truth be told, it is democrat immigration policies of open borders that is keeping wages low due to illegals working for less than minimum wages.

If you work full-time, you should be able to support your family. its called the American dream!
The $15 minimum wage is called a political gesture that will incentivize employers to replace low skilled workers faster with smart machines. The only people it will help are the Democratic politicians who campaign for it.
we don't want the cost of low wage jobs that have to be subsidized through social services, regardless.
So you are saying you'd prefer they had no jobs and depended entirely on social services.
Unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed.
No such thing exists in the US or has been seriously proposed. Unemployment compensation is only available to workers who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own and then only for a limited time. What you are talking about is not unemployment insurance but welfare, and today, neither party supports welfare for people who simply don't want to work.
Maybe you should check out what your New Democratic leaders are calling for. Guaranteed wage.

`
Push comes to shove, pass along any additional costs to the consumer.

You donate..

Just like we donate when any costs increase
Businesses deal with cost increases of raw materials, energy, taxes, insurance, executive pay......the market adjusts

But try to increase the pay of the lowest paid worker and conservatives threaten the end of the world
As business owner, it is my decision how much I pay my workers. It is none of your business to tell me what I pay. Truth be told, it is democrat immigration policies of open borders that is keeping wages low due to illegals working for less than minimum wages.

But don't you have a heart?

Do you really need all that money. ??

If you work full-time, you should be able to support your family. its called the American dream!

It’s so stupid. It’s minimum wage, it’s designed for entry level positions. Vast majority of minimum wage earners are not even trying to support a family. They are high school students folding sweaters at the Gap.

Minimum wage workers-

Less than 3% of hourly paid workers
Percentage of minimum wage earners has been declining since 1979.
Most are unmarried, uneducated and unskilled.

If you are not capable of earning more than minimum wage, you should not be having kids.
Democrats don't give a flying fuck about minimum wage workers. They want minimum wage increases because union contracts have stipulations that high paying union wages increase any time minimum wage is increased.

That's the economics behind these calls for minimum wage increases.

If the minimum wage is set low enough, it will effect nothing, but if it causes employers to pay more for low skilled workers and smart machines are available to do the job for less, these workers will be replaced. It would be bad business not to do that.
so what; Persons should not have to sign up for social services on the minimum wage. That is the whole reason for Working for a living.
If low skilled workers are unhappy with their wages, they should sign up for courses that will give them higher paying skills and then they won't have to sign up for social services.
Capitalism has a Natural rate of unemployment, regardless. This is a social dilemma that involves macro economics, not micro economics.
You are just dumb as a rock.

All that weed has fried whatever tiny brain he once had.
lol. I sometimes smoke two joints and then smoke two more, merely to have high hopes and pipe dreams the right wing will have more than fallacy.

Let's give a definitive example for you morons who think the minimum wage increasing will have no effect.

I currently work for defense contractor for the Army. Our employees are about 95% prior service military, National Guard, Army spouse, or Army dependents when they were children. The starting salary is about $16.50 an hour. About 3/4 of the employees make that rate.

If you raise a McDonald's burger flipper to $15.00 an hour, there would be about $1.50 an hour difference in wages. Why would anyone want to work in a high volume, specialized field based on years of experience, when McDonald's will be paying your kids almost as much to make Big Macs?
we need an institutional, upward pressure on wages. individual pressures on wages from the Poor, are not enough.

Democrats don't give a flying fuck about minimum wage workers. They want minimum wage increases because union contracts have stipulations that high paying union wages increase any time minimum wage is increased.

100% correct!

It’s so stupid. It’s minimum wage, it’s designed for entry level positions. Vast majority of minimum wage earners are not even trying to support a family. They are high school students folding sweaters at the Gap.

Minimum wage workers-

Less than 3% of hourly paid workers
Percentage of minimum wage earners has been declining since 1979.
Most are unmarried, uneducated and unskilled.

If you are not capable of earning more than minimum wage, you should not be having kids.

Higher paid labor pays more in taxes. We should be generating more tax revenue by increasing the minimum instead of simply raising taxes whenever possible.

If you work full-time, you should be able to support your family.

If you're unskilled and can't make more than minimum wage, you need roommates not a family.
It's called math.

The thing is making more than minimum wage doesn’t guarantee a living wage. I didn’t even make $15 an hour sticking needles into peoples’ arms day in and day out, including infants. I made shit.

Not that I’m supportive of the $15/hr minimum wage but some jobs, when you consider what they entail, don’t get paid near enough.

Higher paid labor pays more in taxes. We should be generating more tax revenue by increasing the minimum instead of simply raising taxes whenever possible.

How does that work?

45% of Americans pay no federal income tax
Published: Apr 18, 2016 1:58 p.m. ET

77.5 million households do not pay federal individual income tax
[...]
Despite the fact that rich people paying little in the way of income taxes makes plenty of headlines, this is the exception to the rule: The top 1% of taxpayers pay a higher effective income-tax rate than any other group (around 23%, according to a report released by the Tax Policy Center in 2014) — nearly seven times higher than those in the bottom 50%.
[...]

so what; Persons should not have to sign up for social services on the minimum wage. That is the whole reason for Working for a living.
If low skilled workers are unhappy with their wages, they should sign up for courses that will give them higher paying skills and then they won't have to sign up for social services.
Capitalism has a Natural rate of unemployment, regardless. This is a social dilemma that involves macro economics, not micro economics.
You are just dumb as a rock.

All that weed has fried whatever tiny brain he once had.
lol. I sometimes smoke two joints and then smoke two more, merely to have high hopes and pipe dreams the right wing will have more than fallacy.

Well that's obvious.

If you work full-time, you should be able to support your family.

If you're unskilled and can't make more than minimum wage, you need roommates not a family.
It's called math.

The thing is making more than minimum wage doesn’t guarantee a living wage. I didn’t even make $15 an hour sticking needles into peoples’ arms day in and day out, including infants. I made shit.

Not that I’m supportive of the $15/hr minimum wage but some jobs, when you consider what they entail, don’t get paid near enough.

So would be making minimum wage a living wage??

(Remember you make more then minimum wage now)

How does that work?

Published: Apr 18, 2016 1:58 p.m. ET

77.5 million households do not pay federal individual income tax
[...]
Despite the fact that rich people paying little in the way of income taxes makes plenty of headlines, this is the exception to the rule: The top 1% of taxpayers pay a higher effective income-tax rate than any other group (around 23%, according to a report released by the Tax Policy Center in 2014) — nearly seven times higher than those in the bottom 50%.
[...]
higher paid labor pays more in taxes. it is a simple, mathematical truth.

Forum List

Back