House Republicans are committing political suicide

One would think the Dems would be thrilled the Republicans are killing themselves politically. Two party systems are for sucks when the other party is just a mean-spirited party of no and the GOP being DOA just means we're one step closer to our progressive utopia.

Right?

shutting down the govt. is one thing.

but if we default on the debt, The People will blame the GOP and they will pay a heavy price in 2014.

defaulting on the debt should NEVER be a legislative tactic or option.

Funny, It was something Barry Obama voted for when he was a Senator. I guess it was a good thing back then.

uh, Welfare Queen, President Obama wasn't even in office in 1995.

This is the problem rw's have. They think that if just say it, that's enough to make it true. And, since they're all so ignorant, it works for them.

Anybody wanna bet this lie is the latest dumb ass rw chain letter?

What didn't you understand? I said when Obama was a Senator. Are you a retard or something?

Last edited:
One would think the Dems would be thrilled the Republicans are killing themselves politically. Two party systems are for sucks when the other party is just a mean-spirited party of no and the GOP being DOA just means we're one step closer to our progressive utopia.

Right?

Right!

House Republicans are going to get clobbered in the next election, just like when they did when they shut down the government in 1995.

And Republicans in the Senate know it.....

Republican Senator Richard M. Burr on Thursday took aim at conservatives who have threatened to shut down the federal government if the 2010 health care law is not defunded, calling it the “dumbest idea I’ve ever heard.”

“I was around in 1995,” Burr acknowledged. “Some of these guys need to understand that if you shut down the federal government, you’d better have a specific reason to do it that’s achievable. Defunding the Affordable Care Act is not achievable through shutting down the federal government.”

Republican Senator Bob Corker said, "I didn’t go to Harvard or Princeton, but I can count -- the defunding box canyon is a tactic that will fail and weaken our position. "

Burr: 'Dumbest Idea' to Shut Down Government Over Obamacare | The World's Greatest Deliberative Body

Shows the idiocy of the old warhorse inside the beltway RINO.

The House is only seeking to delay Obamacare for a year, take out the taxes on medical devices and I believe they are going to add a clause that would allow religious institutions to opt out over birth control and abortions.

The House Republicans only wish for a delay and to keep the government running.

Old RINO's are to be pitied today. They are so out of touch. And Corker, well he runs with McCain. Nuff said.

you forgot the House Repubs threw in keystone XL to insure their bill's demise. Its as if they want the gov't to shut down

House Republicans are going to get clobbered in the next election, just like when they did when they shut down the government in 1995.

Republican Senator Richard M. Burr on Thursday took aim at conservatives who have threatened to shut down the federal government if the 2010 health care law is not defunded, calling it the “dumbest idea I’ve ever heard.”

“I was around in 1995,” Burr acknowledged. “Some of these guys need to understand that if you shut down the federal government, you’d better have a specific reason to do it that’s achievable. Defunding the Affordable Care Act is not achievable through shutting down the federal government.”

Republican Senator Bob Corker said, "I didn’t go to Harvard or Princeton, but I can count -- the defunding box canyon is a tactic that will fail and weaken our position. "

Burr: 'Dumbest Idea' to Shut Down Government Over Obamacare | The World's Greatest Deliberative Body

The House is only seeking to delay Obamacare for a year, take out the taxes on medical devices and I believe they are going to add a clause that would allow religious institutions to opt out over birth control and abortions.

Old RINO's are to be pitied today. They are so out of touch. And Corker, well he runs with McCain. Nuff said.
I think you are not up to date on what the republicans want. Repealing Obamacare has been, is, and will be their goal for some time to come. Hell, they would defund Social Security and Medicare if they thought they could get away with it. bush's attempt to privatize Social Security is just one example of trying to kill the program. The whole purpose of delaying Obamacare for one year is so the republicans will have more time to deconstruct the bill. It is obstructionism pure and simple.

First and foremost I am zeroing in on this specific bill. And this bill seeks to delay Obamacare for a year, remove taxes on medical devices and add a "conscience" clause.

Re: Obstructionism

The Republicans are the opposition are they not? They have not been sent to Washington to behave like Democrats and succumb to every whim of the President.

Indeed they have been voted in and sent to the Hill to oppose the Democrats on Obamacare, raising the debt ceiling and raising taxes.

Consequently, progressives can freak out all they want over "obstructionism" but Republicans are just fulfilling their campaign promises to their voters.

It's really that simple.

Last edited:
Democrats are working toward national suicide. Republicans have more to worry about than political suicide.

you forgot the House Repubs threw in keystone XL to insure their bill's demise. Its as if they want the gov't to shut down

As recently as this latest summit President Obama promised Prime Minister Harper that he would not allow politics to interfere with his decision to approve the final leg of the Keystone.

I don't hold out any hope of that considering playing politics with the Keystone Pipeline is all Obama has been doing.

And as far as I have read the insertion of the Keystone into any legislation is just a proposal at this point in time.

"The president is now demanding that we increase the debt limit without engaging in any kind of bipartisan discussions about addressing our spending problem,'' said Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R., Wash.), who gave the address on behalf of Republicans. "He wants to take the easy way out—exactly the kind of foolishness that got us here in the first place."

She said the need to raise the debt ceiling presented "a golden opportunity to fix the problems coming out of Washington,'' and that the GOP had proposed pairing the debt ceiling increase with measures approving the Keystone XL pipeline and "fixing'' the tax code and the new health-care law.

House Republicans Consider Next Move in Budget Fight - WSJ.com

Yet the Hardliners on this site can't grasp this for some reason. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

What extremes? All but two House Republicans voted to keep the government running and to delay the implementation of Obamacare for one year.

They are just upholding their promises to their electorate. None of you liberals will be voting for them so it's not like your opinion matters.

The House R's are being loyal to their constituents.

How hard is that for you to grasp? Obviously it must be difficult because you don't seem to get that you don't count because you don't vote for them.

Democrats have no idea how much republicans value their political advice.

At this point I hope all Republicans keep a deaf ear and continue on their death march. The only way to ever bring back any sanity to the Republican Party is for Republicans to get their asses handed back to them at the polls.

shutting down the govt. is one thing.

but if we default on the debt, The People will blame the GOP and they will pay a heavy price in 2014.

defaulting on the debt should NEVER be a legislative tactic or option.

Funny, It was something Barry Obama voted for when he was a Senator. I guess it was a good thing back then.

uh, Welfare Queen, President Obama wasn't even in office in 1995.

This is the problem rw's have. They think that if just say it, that's enough to make it true. And, since they're all so ignorant, it works for them.

Anybody wanna bet this lie is the latest dumb ass rw chain letter?

She was referring to Obama's vote in 2006 against increasing the debt ceiling and I believe I referenced Snopes as a link.

What extremes? All but two House Republicans voted to keep the government running and to delay the implementation of Obamacare for one year.

They are just upholding their promises to their electorate. None of you liberals will be voting for them so it's not like your opinion matters.

The House R's are being loyal to their constituents.

How hard is that for you to grasp? Obviously it must be difficult because you don't seem to get that you don't count because you don't vote for them.

What does not voting for them have to do with anything? Any party that uses blackmail for a personal agenda or for political gain isn't a party we need in this country.

If they truly wanted ACA gone then win elections and get the votes to repeal it...don't take the economy hostage with stupid demands. If ACA is "so unpopular" with the public then winning elections should be a piece of cake when you're against it.

Obama and the senators are being just as "loyal" to their constituents...does that mean anytime we have a divided government we get impassable disagreements?

Forum List

Back