House Republicans are committing political suicide

I was around in 1995 no one noticed that the government was shut down. That's why the democrats have to keep agonizing over it. Will they come up with more to increase the pain like they did with the sequester?

I was around in 1995 too (and WAY before that) and PLENTY of people noticed. I'm guessing you might have been in grade school or out of the country? :confused:

You must be a democrat. In reality no one cared.

and it never hurt them as well.

and the number of screaming threads from the leftards on the topic are suggesting that Republicans, for once, are finally doing the right thing.

and the number of screaming threads from the leftards on the topic are suggesting that Republicans, for once, are finally doing the right thing.

More like laughing in Republicans faces.

House Republicans are going to get clobbered in the next election, just like when they did when they shut down the government in 1995.

And Republicans in the Senate know it.....

Republican Senator Richard M. Burr on Thursday took aim at conservatives who have threatened to shut down the federal government if the 2010 health care law is not defunded, calling it the “dumbest idea I’ve ever heard.”

“I was around in 1995,” Burr acknowledged. “Some of these guys need to understand that if you shut down the federal government, you’d better have a specific reason to do it that’s achievable. Defunding the Affordable Care Act is not achievable through shutting down the federal government.”

Republican Senator Bob Corker said, "I didn’t go to Harvard or Princeton, but I can count -- the defunding box canyon is a tactic that will fail and weaken our position. "

Burr: 'Dumbest Idea' to Shut Down Government Over Obamacare | The World's Greatest Deliberative Body
etter then being murdered by obamaturd and his cronies. I see you still haven't pulled your head out of obamaturds behind.

nope.

you are actually scared to death that Republican tactic MAY WORK for them

and this scare is showing :lol:

yeah yeah, of course None of you Democrat sheep are ever concerned what your PARTY is doing...

they could be out murdering people in the streets and you all would YAWN

is it any wonder this government feels it can become FASCIST and the elected asses are out there calling the people in this country, blackmailers, hostage taker, etc...when a Republican is President we heard you wail about your rights and your freedoms...now with Obama you people would sell your freedoms and your souls for them

sad

as for Republicans committing suicide, you all should be orgasmic over this dream of yours..

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vox

nope.

No, it's actually downright impossible for it to work, even GOP leaders are saying this. Just watching the Repub crazy-train go through.

If the GOP held both houses like they did in 1995 then MAYBE they'd have some leverage....but one house majority??? Please.

nope.

No, it's actually downright impossible for it to work, even GOP leaders are saying this. Just watching the Repub crazy-train go through.

If the GOP held both houses like they did in 1995 then MAYBE they'd have some leverage....but one house majority??? Please.

let's wait and see.

It worked perfectly in the 90s.

From Sen. Obama’s Floor Speech, March 20, 2006:

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

And, it is verified as true here:

snopes.com: Obama on the Debt Limit

Bush was President.

Nuff' said.
Obama says the Deficit he inherited a $1.3 trillion in Feb. 2009 and would cut it in half by January of 2013 (the end of his first term):

[ame=http://youtu.be/6jJvkkNmR_8]Obama Declares Plan to Cut Deficit in Half - YouTube[/ame]

We now have a $16.957,262,600,000 National Debt and a National Payout owed to foreign countries of over $5.5 trillion, the lion's share owing to China. The deficit is still not halved. It's still around 823+ in Billions. That will change, however if the spending is $3.5 trillion and IRS revenue is somewhat less, as in $2.69 trillion this year so far.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

let's wait and see.

Like I said, they held majorities in both houses...and still didn't fully "win" either. This time around they're asking for MORE and have LESS (votes)

let's wait and see.

Like I said, they held majorities in both houses...and still didn't fully "win" either. This time around they're asking for MORE and have LESS (votes)

you might be right but as well be wrong.

but the scare on the left is actually a great indicator that R are doing the right thing.

I was around in 1995 no one noticed that the government was shut down. That's why the democrats have to keep agonizing over it. Will they come up with more to increase the pain like they did with the sequester?

I was around in 1995 too (and WAY before that) and PLENTY of people noticed. I'm guessing you might have been in grade school or out of the country? :confused:

More likely in a drug induced stupor.

NO...they are standing for the PEOPLE. (For once)...

OP? Take yer partisan shit elsewhere.

Yes, the Teabagger GOP is standing for people, the 1% and their idiot sycophants.

This is going to be a debacle for the GOP. Just as it was in '96.

Oh so to keep their seats Republicans should be pro Obamacare, raise the debt ceiling and increase taxes for Obama.

:lmao:

Oh yeah. That would be better than a "debacle" and "political suicide" coming from a shutdown.

shutting down the govt. is one thing.

but if we default on the debt, The People will blame the GOP and they will pay a heavy price in 2014.

defaulting on the debt should NEVER be a legislative tactic or option.

Funny, It was something Barry Obama voted for when he was a Senator. I guess it was a good thing back then.

uh, Welfare Queen, President Obama wasn't even in office in 1995.

This is the problem rw's have. They think that if just say it, that's enough to make it true. And, since they're all so ignorant, it works for them.

Anybody wanna bet this lie is the latest dumb ass rw chain letter?

House Republicans are going to get clobbered in the next election, just like when they did when they shut down the government in 1995.

And Republicans in the Senate know it.....

Republican Senator Richard M. Burr on Thursday took aim at conservatives who have threatened to shut down the federal government if the 2010 health care law is not defunded, calling it the “dumbest idea I’ve ever heard.”

“I was around in 1995,” Burr acknowledged. “Some of these guys need to understand that if you shut down the federal government, you’d better have a specific reason to do it that’s achievable. Defunding the Affordable Care Act is not achievable through shutting down the federal government.”

Republican Senator Bob Corker said, "I didn’t go to Harvard or Princeton, but I can count -- the defunding box canyon is a tactic that will fail and weaken our position. "

Burr: 'Dumbest Idea' to Shut Down Government Over Obamacare | The World's Greatest Deliberative Body

Shows the idiocy of the old warhorse inside the beltway RINO.

The House is only seeking to delay Obamacare for a year, take out the taxes on medical devices and I believe they are going to add a clause that would allow religious institutions to opt out over birth control and abortions.

The House Republicans only wish for a delay and to keep the government running.

Old RINO's are to be pitied today. They are so out of touch. And Corker, well he runs with McCain. Nuff said.
I think you are not up to date on what the republicans want. Repealing Obamacare has been, is, and will be their goal for some time to come. Hell, they would defund Social Security and Medicare if they thought they could get away with it. bush's attempt to privatize Social Security is just one example of trying to kill the program. The whole purpose of delaying Obamacare for one year is so the republicans will have more time to deconstruct the bill. It is obstructionism pure and simple.

shutting down the govt. is one thing.

but if we default on the debt, The People will blame the GOP and they will pay a heavy price in 2014.

defaulting on the debt should NEVER be a legislative tactic or option.

Funny, It was something Barry Obama voted for when he was a Senator. I guess it was a good thing back then.

uh, Welfare Queen, President Obama wasn't even in office in 1995.

This is the problem rw's have. They think that if just say it, that's enough to make it true. And, since they're all so ignorant, it works for them.

Anybody wanna bet this lie is the latest dumb ass rw chain letter?

You are obviously having reading comprehension difficulties this evening. Welfare Queen was referring to Senator Obama's stance on raising the debt ceiling in 2006.

Too Tall put up part of his speech on the floor in March 2006.

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.

It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.”

Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

Forum List

Back