House Votes to Ban Menthol Cigarettes and Vape Products

Dimms love to take away freedoms.

Yeah, like when Reagan signed off on blackmailing states into raising their liquor consumption age to 21. Damn Democrat.

Or when Clinton (non-Repub) threatened to take away states highway funding unless they fell in line with a .08 DUI level.
Ain't Democracy great, muppets?

Thank you for once again highlighting how alike the two parties are.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!

That was written in 1971.

Same shit.

Why not enforce laws against children using the products rather than banning all the products?

This House is fucking stupid enough to pass Prohibition again.

No way it gets past the Senate.

Racist fucking Democrats.

Wanna bet? They had no problem raising the tobacco age to 21 nationally and Donald had no problem signing it.
That’s a little different, in my opinion.

Is it? Both are infringements on millions of people's freedom of choice.
Well, if you believe that, then you would have no problem with cigarettes being sold to kids? I get you on the age limit, but official/unofficial magic age of adulthood is considered to be 21 for some weird reason. Probably because most young adults are not on their own until age 21, maybe? Most kids are now 18 when they graduate from high schoo” where as at one time they were 16.
I guess you feel the same way about the drinking age, too? Kids should have free access?

Yeah, like when Reagan signed off on blackmailing states into raising their liquor consumption age to 21. Damn Democrat.
You think that free medical is going to be free! Meat and sugar and sodas and cakes and so much more.......bwhahahahaaa, Reagan....bwhahhaa! Turn on zee ovens Dont Taz Me Bro.........I vill...I vill!

Or when Clinton (non-Repub) threatened to take away states highway funding unless they fell in line with a .08 DUI level.
Ain't Democracy great, muppets?

Thank you for once again highlighting how alike the two parties are.

It's almost enuff to make one become a Libertarian! (Which is the jumping off point to becoming a sovereign citizen!)
There's gotta be a happy medium....

Wanna bet? They had no problem raising the tobacco age to 21 nationally and Donald had no problem signing it.

Well, if you believe that, then you would have no problem with cigarettes being sold to kids? I get you on the age limit, but official/unofficial magic age of adulthood is considered to be 21 for some weird reason. Probably because most young adults are not on their own until age 21, maybe?
I guess you feel the same way about the drinking age, too?

Then we need to move it all to 21...21 to sign a contract, 21 to serve in the military

Everything should be legal at 18. You are no longer a minor. You are an adult, but you can’t do a bunch of shit?

So fucking stupid.

Well, if you believe that, then you would have no problem with cigarettes being sold to kids? I get you on the age limit, but official/unofficial magic age of adulthood is considered to be 21 for some weird reason. Probably because most young adults are not on their own until age 21, maybe?
I guess you feel the same way about the drinking age, too?

Then we need to move it all to 21...21 to sign a contract, 21 to serve in the military
I added to my post-
Most kids are now 18 when they graduate from high school where as at one time they were 16.

I do wrestle with that age limit in some ways.

We all had mothers, right?
Age 21 sounds good since most of us stopped listening to them by age 14.

Everything should be legal at 18. You are no longer a minor. You are an adult, but you can’t do a bunch of shit?

So fucking stupid.
Yep, I tend to lean toward that, too. If they can serve in the military...

So fucking stupid.
Yep, I tend to lean toward that, too. If they can serve in the military...

It is ironic that you can run into battle with your guns blazing at 18, but you had better not smoke a cigarette before you go into battle because it’s bad for you.

A silly and ridiculous governmental overreach that does nothing but make fools better and nothing else.

Well, well, well. It was Democrats that carried the vote
House votes to ban all flavored vaping, tobacco products
The legislation passed with a 213-195 vote, with a contingency of Democrats from the Congressional Black Caucus siding with Republicans in the vote. Black lawmakers said the ban could bring disproportionate policing down on African-American communities, despite its good intentions.

I don't smoke but can't see where this is constitutional.

Forum List

Back