House Votes to Ban Menthol Cigarettes and Vape Products

I will be interested to see how everyone, particularly Democrats respond to this.

I'm disappointed. The H. of Rep. needs to outlaw the growing of tobacco, and make it illegal to produce and sell tobacco products within the borders of the United States.

Imagine the cost that tobacco has cost us in health care. Cancer, Heart Disease, Vascular Disease etc.

see: Health Effects of Cigarette Smoking

No way it gets past the Senate.

Racist fucking Democrats.

Wanna bet? They had no problem raising the tobacco age to 21 nationally and Donald had no problem signing it.

Nearly all menthol smokers are black. No chance of this standing. I'm amazed the congressional black caucus didn't call it out as obviously racist. Ban black people smokes but white folk can have their marlboros.

Well, well, well. It was Democrats that carried the vote
House votes to ban all flavored vaping, tobacco products
The legislation passed with a 213-195 vote, with a contingency of Democrats from the Congressional Black Caucus siding with Republicans in the vote. Black lawmakers said the ban could bring disproportionate policing down on African-American communities, despite its good intentions.

I don't smoke but can't see where this is constitutional.
The first step to try to ban all smoking, except of course weed...
And it helps keep the costs of healthcare down for when they take over and pass healthcare for all, if they get majorities.

I will be interested to see how everyone, particularly Democrats respond to this.

I'm disappointed. The H. of Rep. needs to outlaw the growing of tobacco, and make it illegal to produce and sell tobacco products within the borders of the United States.

Imagine the cost that tobacco has cost us in health care. Cancer, Heart Disease, Vascular Disease etc.

see: Health Effects of Cigarette Smoking

Gubmint has to tell you how to live your life? There are plenty of countries like that. It’s not what this country was founded on.

Wanna bet? They had no problem raising the tobacco age to 21 nationally and Donald had no problem signing it.

Nearly all menthol smokers are black. No chance of this standing. I'm amazed the congressional black caucus didn't call it out as obviously racist. Ban black people smokes but white folk can have their marlboros.
They did. It still passed.

Dimms love to take away freedoms.

Yeah, like when Reagan signed off on blackmailing states into raising their liquor consumption age to 21. Damn Democrat.

Or when Clinton (non-Repub) threatened to take away states highway funding unless they fell in line with a .08 DUI level.
Ain't Democracy great, muppets?

Or when Reagan took away highway tax sharing if states did not cut highway speeds to 55 MPH in 1972(?) or ( '73?).

[my college girl friend and I went to a party on new years eve in the East Bay (We lived together in San Francisco) When we left home the speed limit was 65, when we left the party, the speed limit was 55. We saw lots and lots of cars stopped on the highway on our way home

They did. It still passed.

Incredible.

I don't smoke, but I have a beer in my hand right now, so this concerns me...

Yeah, like when Reagan signed off on blackmailing states into raising their liquor consumption age to 21. Damn Democrat.

Or when Clinton (non-Repub) threatened to take away states highway funding unless they fell in line with a .08 DUI level.

Or when Reagan took away highway tax sharing if states did not cut highway speeds to 55 MPH in 1972(?) or ( '73?).

[my college girl friend and I went to a party on new years eve in the East Bay (We lived together in San Francisco) When we left home the speed limit was 65, when we left the party, the speed limit was 55. We saw lots and lots of cars stopped on the highway on our way home

Reagan was president in 1972? :eek:

I did not know that....

It was Nixon in 73 who proposed the bill.

You mean under Nixon when the Dem’s controlled both the House and Senate.

You mean under Nixon when the Dem’s controlled both the House and Senate.

Reagan? I think Rye Catcher is burnt.

Forum List

Back