House votes to revoke IRS funding for 87,000 new agents.

Which is part of the problem for sure. And with fewer people looking for those that actually cheat, it makes it easier to get away with it.
You know that merely repeating your original contention isn’t necessarily persuasive in any ensuing discussion, right?
The people hurt the most are people like me that cannot even get a ruling on their case due to the backlog.
I doubt that. Not about your case or the back log. But I don’t believe that the alleged tax cheats constitute the majority of time spent by agents or by adjudicating-officials.

I think what bogs down the IRS involves many things. For example:
A. It is too massive a bureaucracy and they have a tendency to work on perpetuating themselves. That leaves less time for the actual agenda of any bureaucracy.
B. Minutia. When both sides need to wade through the gibberish in our tax regulations in detail to find some explanation-for or objection-to a claimed exemption or deduction [as to maybe every line in a tax return], the amount of time each agent or officer has to expend on that one case translates into time s/he cannot spend on other cases. The imbecility of over 70 THOUSAND pages of IRS Rules and Regs cannot be overstated.
C. The fact that it is being used for political purposes rather than just it’s intended purpose. If it exists at all, the intended purpose of the IRS is to collect taxes. Period. Yet we all see the reality that the IRS is being used for a variety of other reasons (like to promote this cause or that; provide exceptions which amount to benefits to the few; to punish those who vocally and effectively oppose the current regime; etc).

You only get a refund if you incurred a loss, not a profit.
A refund would be on some PRIOR tax year.

And anyway, Pfizer was issued a refund because our own governmental officials agreed with Pfizer’s math and cited provisions of the Tax Code and the IRS rules and regs.

A refund would be on some PRIOR tax year.

And anyway, Pfizer was issued a refund because our own governmental officials agreed with Pfizer’s math and cited provisions of the Tax Code and the IRS rules and regs.
I don't give a shit! You make $17 billion, you don't get no fucking refund!

The House with its GOP majority is at work already.

This may not alone end the prior authorization for such spending. But it’s a great start.
How so?

It never sees the light of day in Senate.

Ok, so you are in favor of 87,000 more IRS agent's WHY ?? Tell us why you think that the government getting after every damned thing you own is a good thing ??

What part of the sorry ace Democrat agenda does this serve the Democrat's ? More weaponizing of the government for the purpose of fulfilling the agenda maybe ???

Tell us where you want it to go, and why ??
The IRS needs to modernize its processes and have the ability to properly audit people who cheat like the former 1-term fuckup.

Which is also the same money that funds the Democrat party which wants to unleash these agents on the middle class.
Please, no one is targeting the middle class. The vast majority of those 87,000 new agents were to be taxpayer customer support and IT individuals. Hell, you ever tried calling the IRS customer support, LOL. Janet Yellon issued strict instructions, no increase in audits of Americans making less than 400 grand. You make more than 400 grand a year? Sure you do.

Auditing of high income individuals and corporations are at an historical low, and partnerships--well they are at ZERO. The Congressional Budget Office scored this action at a net gain of 100 billion dollars in additionally collected taxes over ten years. So, the first action of the Republican Congress is to INCREASE THE DEFICIT BY A 100 BILLION DOLLARS. Next time some yahoo Republican representative starts whining about the deficit we all should tell them to STFU.

From the link,

Though the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), enacted in 2010, was intended to crack down on tax evasion by U.S. persons holding accounts and other financial assets offshore, loopholes and limited Internal Revenue Service (IRS) enforcement resources have significantly hindered the law’s effectiveness. As a result, wealthy taxpayers continue to use schemes involving offshore entities and secret bank accounts to successfully hide billions in income from the IRS.

Did you get that, BILLIONS IN INCOME. And that is a Senate Report on just one person's, a big time Republican donor I might add, ability to extort that weakness.

Again, maybe an example will help. So, you go out to dinner with your fellow employees and the owner of the company. All your fellow employees knock down about seventy grand a year. The owner, he makes millions of dollars every year. The check is presented, and the owner goes, "Oh, I forgot my wallet". He asks you guys to cover his bill, and of course he orders cavier, six twenty dollar shots of fine bourbon, and a to-go order of filet mignon to take back to his pet Cockapoo. You and your fellow employees cough up what amounts to damn near half the bill and he never pays you back. That is exactly what is happening here.

I know the irs cannot target anyone. If they don't exist, think about that.
Yeah, just disband the IRS. We all can send whatever we feel like, call it an honor system. That ought to work wonders until it comes time for you to collect your Social Security and there is no money there.

No.....But I wish I were him.

I wish everyone in Murica were him.

How do we make everyone jillionaires while starving the parasite class of their ill-gotten booty?

That's a "bite me, it's fun".
You wish you were him? How damn sad. Tiny ass hands, puny ass dick, shits on a golden toilet because he consistently reneges on his debts, declares bankruptcy and leaves hundreds of people hanging, and is so consumed with himself that he would throw his own mother under a bus to protect himself.

Nope, I am getting ready to go out to eat. Going to have some nice prime rib, medium rare, with some raw horseradish on the side. Have a nice bottle of wine with my beautiful wife, who, honestly, could smoke Melania. I wouldn't trade places with that piece of shit if my life depended on it. Thinks McDonald's is a good meal, and eats his steak well-done with ketchup. What a flippin ass idiot.

People don't think.

If they thought, they would ask questions like: who got shut down using covid as an excuse? Which businesses were affected more than others? Who benefitted from covid and who didn't? What is the design behind the pattern of closures?

The sheeple here do not ask questions, so merely repeat their hackneyed drivel. The "rich" to them are those owning restaurants, gyms, tattoo parlors, hairdressing salons, small brick and mortar stores and the like. Meanwhile, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates and others make bank beyond their wildest dreams but the sheeple keep bleating away like they have been trained.

This whole thing of hiring all these agents should be placed in the same perspective. Do people REALLY think they are going to go after the technocrats when they have been the very people democrat schemes have been designed to enrich? No, of course not, but when the Dems repeat their sales pitch over and over again that they are all about the little guy, these shit for brains conformists just gobble it up and spit it out again.

Idiots.
Look, I have posted links, to everything from Senate investigations to the CBO scoring, that contradict every thing you are saying. Republicans have stopped this action precisely to protect their high net worth contributors that cheat on their taxes with impunity. That is the facts, you can continue to live in your fantasy world if you like, just don't expect to get any respect from anyone that has two brain cells to rub together.

Forum List

Back