Houston Mayor issues Mandatory evac notice

what an ass......too dangerous to issue before... yeah thats it...now thats its under water it should be so much easier.
Houston mayor issues new mandatory evacuation | Daily Mail Online

About 50 deaths so far from Harvey. In the last evacuation, there were about 100 evacuation related deaths before the hurricane even made landfall. It's a rough and traumatic time for everybody, and it's tempting to Monday morning quarterback to find someone to blame for the massive loss of lives and property, but the choice to not evacuate before Harvey hit was the right choice.
If you have a plan, evacuation deaths will be at a minimum.
Can you describe such miraculous plan please?
When three days before the thing makes landfall...you Contraflow I-10 to the west.

Nothing hysterical there....thats called mockery

Then you have a very sick sense of humor, if you believe "mockery" is appropriate at this time, wow...

Another Key Board Commando running off at the mouth who knows nothing of the region or the real issues at hand...

How much have you donated to help the victims of this storm?
nothing to see here folks....everything was done exactly right.......politicians that deserve it should get it......didnt mock the citizenry.....I sure hope you dont comment on anything on this board unless its in your little sphere.....rriighhhttt

Your point seems to be nothing needed or should have been done......
As I said before, you cannot prepare for a 800 to 1,000 year event, I also pointed out to you that the region has prepared for flooding over the last 50 years, its called the Harris County Flood Control District, look it up...

Over the last 3 decades I have been in home building and development in Harris, Ft. Bend, Chambers and Montgomery counties and most if not all of the newer communities didn't have flood damage...

cant wait for the blame game to be put on Trump for not doing enough

Why would I blame Trump? He's the best thing to happen to this country since Reagan...

I am not a Sylvester Turner supporter and if I had lived in the city limits of Houston, he would not have received my vote, but like most arm chair QB's it's easy to criticize especially when you don't have a clue about the region, Mayor Turner, Governor Abbott and the rest of the civic leaders in this area of Texas have not been playing "the pointing the finger game", again, stop the criticizing and pray for the people in this area of our country, or better yet just STFU...

Your point seems to be nothing needed or should have been done......
As I said before, you cannot prepare for a 800 to 1,000 year event, I also pointed out to you that the region has prepared for flooding over the last 50 years, its called the Harris County Flood Control District, look it up...

Over the last 3 decades I have been in home building and development in Harris, Ft. Bend, Chambers and Montgomery counties and most if not all of the newer communities didn't have flood damage...

cant wait for the blame game to be put on Trump for not doing enough

Why would I blame Trump? He's the best thing to happen to this country since Reagan...

I am not a Sylvester Turner supporter and if I had lived in the city limits of Houston, he would not have received my vote, but like most arm chair QB's it's easy to criticize especially when you don't have a clue about the region, Mayor Turner, Governor Abbott and the rest of the civic leaders in this area of Texas have not been playing "the pointing the finger game", again, stop the criticizing and pray for the people in this area of our country, or better yet just STFU...
No they havent, good for them, there will be a time and place for a public reckoning.....
You dont live in the affected area...why the hell are you commenting...your own words,,,,,,so you stfu hypocrite

what an ass......too dangerous to issue before... yeah thats it...now thats its under water it should be so much easier.

About 50 deaths so far from Harvey. In the last evacuation, there were about 100 evacuation related deaths before the hurricane even made landfall. It's a rough and traumatic time for everybody, and it's tempting to Monday morning quarterback to find someone to blame for the massive loss of lives and property, but the choice to not evacuate before Harvey hit was the right choice.
When three days before the thing makes landfall...you Contraflow I-10 to the west.
Has any city ever done that?

If you have never lived in this area, it's very hard to understand much less criticize...
Learned nothing from Katrina.......wonderful

Katrina was a piss ant compared to Harvey.
Had it hit Houston the reservoirs would have easily handled the rain fall.
Exactly.........thanks

So whats to learn from a storm that was nothing compared to Harvey?
Thats like saying you learned enough about boxing fighting a twelve year old and you're ready to take on Tyson in his prime.
Whats to learn ........??????.....Your example is piss poor......larger storm more potential for damage and death.....lets sit and watch......ooooops.......

More died during Katrina then during Harvey.
By quite a large margin actually 1833 to 50 to be exact.
Seems to me we already know more.

everything was done exactly right......

It never is, but according to you they did nothing...

nothing to see here folks...

Other than another POS critic getting exposed...

politicians that deserve it should get it....

Your partisan rantings is all it is...

didnt mock the citizenry...

Too late, you're drowning in your own BS...

I sure hope you dont comment on anything on this board unless its in your little sphere...

So if you do post in a public forum and you're not man enough to take the rebuttals, keep trying to point the finger at someone else...

everything was done exactly right......

It never is, but according to you they did nothing...

nothing to see here folks...

Other than another POS critic getting exposed...

politicians that deserve it should get it....

Your partisan rantings is all it is...

didnt mock the citizenry...

Too late, you're drowning in your own BS...

I sure hope you dont comment on anything on this board unless its in your little sphere...

So if you do post in a public forum and you're not man enough to take the rebuttals, keep trying to point the finger at someone else...
Destroyed everyone of your hysterical unfounded posts......now be quiet and live up to your own standards hypocrite

Did you see the pics of the freeways in Houston last week? Can you imagine how many would have died in their cars with a manditory evac gridlock then?

And those that may have tried to evac possibly didnt even need to. We got two mandatory evacs that turned out to be bogus.
And while those that may have tried and actually needed to evac are in the exact same position as if they'd stayed home...flooded car and a flooded house.

Houston, Lake Charles.
Hurricane Rita - Wikipedia

Houston, Lake Charles.
Hurricane Rita - Wikipedia
From your own link, Texas reported the most deaths from the hurricane, where 113 deaths were reported, 107 of which were associated with the evacuation of the Houston metropolitan area.

you shot yourself in the foot.

No they havent, good for them,

So who plans for 800 to 1,000 year events?

Can you name these experts that can prevent such natural destruction?

Who along the Gulf Coast and the Atlantic seaboard plans for 800 to 1,000 year events?

there will be a time and place for a public reckoning.....

By critics who don't live there or know anything about it?

No what most reasonable people understand is it's a time to save lives, heal and help them rebuild, not criticize...

You dont live in the affected area...

I did for over 50 years, I know the area well, a hell of lot better than you do...

I have family and friends affected by it and have spoken with them numerous times, who is it you know that lives there now?

How much have you donated for relief? Oh that's right all you have done is criticize them...

why the hell are you commenting...

Because idiots like you are critical of something you have no real understanding of...

Who along the Gulf Coast and the Atlantic seaboard plans for 800 to 1,000 year events?

No what most reasonable people understand is it's a time to save lives, heal and help them rebuild, not criticize...

I did for over 50 years, I know the area well, a hell of lot better than you do...

I have family and friends affected by it and have spoken with them numerous times, who is it you know that lives there now?

How much have you donated for relief? Oh that's right all you have done is criticize them...

Because idiots like you are critical of something you have no real understanding of...
first point I answered no shit..........agreed on that little part of you rant....doesnt excuse inaction
Second quote Time and place ...meaning after people are tended too...you keep looking to smear me with things I didnt say but figments of your imagination

third quote.......doesnt matter if I know anyone there,,,this isnt the dark ages.......news is worldwide 24/7....meaning people can be equally informed .....
So again follow your own advice and shut up since you arent there....

first point I answered no shit..........agreed on that little part of you rant....doesnt excuse inaction
Second quote Time and place ...meaning after people are tended too...you keep looking to smear me with things I didnt say but figments of your imagination

third quote.......doesnt matter if I know anyone there,,,this isnt the dark ages.......news is worldwide 24/7....meaning people can be equally informed .....
So again follow your own advice and shut up since you arent there....
Customer of mine had a son in the area in company with another early 20's male. Their plan was to ride it out in the truck they had, father persuaded them to leave no doubt saving their lives ........

doesnt excuse inaction

There was no "in action" as you claim, get the facts correct before you rely on the LMSM...

So you didn't say "reckoning"???

doesnt matter if I know anyone there,,,this isnt the dark ages

You rely on the media for your info, can it be any clearer?

news is worldwide 24/7....meaning people can be equally informed .....

With hysterical bad information...

Your source, not mine...

Just be man enough to admit
you took the critical path at a time when it wasn't needed or wanted...

doesnt excuse inaction

There was no "in action" as you claim, get the facts correct before you rely on the LMSM...

So you didn't say "reckoning"???

doesnt matter if I know anyone there,,,this isnt the dark ages

You rely on the media for your info, can it be any clearer?

news is worldwide 24/7....meaning people can be equally informed .....

With hysterical bad information...

Your source, not mine...

Just be man enough to admit
you took the critical path at a time when it wasn't needed or wanted...
yes there was...try to keep up
Yes I said reckoning ........every decent org does an after action report....what did we do right...what did we do wrong.....what new tech can we leverage better in the future.....

You havent demonstarted any of my posted source were misinformed or malicious

Forum List

Back