Houston Mayor issues Mandatory evac notice

Those who live in flood prone areas did evac on their own because they knew it was going to flood their area.
It's all the areas that have never flooded that are the problem.
From what I've read West Houston quals as flood prone

Only parts of it.
My old neighborhood had never flooded.
Lived there in 85 and have a buddy who still lives there and he got water in his home.

Normally the reservoirs do a great job even during hurricanes and most of the flooding is from storm surge.

The reservoirs cover forty square miles and contain no water during normal times. The dams reach a height of thirty six feet in places....and they are now topped off and then some.
That gives you an idea of just how much rain we've received.

Now they have no choice but to drain the reservoirs as fast as possible or risk a possible breach which of course causes more flooding downstream.
Flood-prone west Houston preps for Harvey
and named in op article

I was born and raised in Houston, lived there 50+ years, no one knows what's going to happen with these storms...

Rita caused the largest traffic jam in history when 5 million plus tried to evacuate because of the fear of what happened in New Orleans from Katrina, today I-10 West and I-45 North are converted to all lanes north in anticipation of storms like this, just because of Rita, it took me 12+ hours to get to Austin, usually a 2 to 3 hour drive...

Tropical Storm Allison flooded areas that had never been flooded...

Channel 13 has good intentions I am sure, but they are guessing at best...

Stop the criticizing and just pray for the people who have been devastated by this storm, enough already...
Yeah lets not learn anything ......that others learned the hard way.......lets not benefit from past mistakes..........

I understand it's in our nature to criticize because our LMSM causes hysteria based on nothing more than hype, you're proof positive just in case you missed it. The vast majority of development in the Greater Houston and Harris County Region over the last 50 years has been done preparing for major flooding.

No one designs or builds to manage a 800 to 1,000 year event...

From what I've read West Houston quals as flood prone

Only parts of it.
My old neighborhood had never flooded.
Lived there in 85 and have a buddy who still lives there and he got water in his home.

Normally the reservoirs do a great job even during hurricanes and most of the flooding is from storm surge.

The reservoirs cover forty square miles and contain no water during normal times. The dams reach a height of thirty six feet in places....and they are now topped off and then some.
That gives you an idea of just how much rain we've received.

Now they have no choice but to drain the reservoirs as fast as possible or risk a possible breach which of course causes more flooding downstream.
Flood-prone west Houston preps for Harvey
and named in op article

I was born and raised in Houston, lived there 50+ years, no one knows what's going to happen with these storms...

Rita caused the largest traffic jam in history when 5 million plus tried to evacuate because of the fear of what happened in New Orleans from Katrina, today I-10 West and I-45 North are converted to all lanes north in anticipation of storms like this, just because of Rita, it took me 12+ hours to get to Austin, usually a 2 to 3 hour drive...

Tropical Storm Allison flooded areas that had never been flooded...

Channel 13 has good intentions I am sure, but they are guessing at best...

Stop the criticizing and just pray for the people who have been devastated by this storm, enough already...
Yeah lets not learn anything ......that others learned the hard way.......lets not benefit from past mistakes..........

I understand it's in our nature to criticize because our LMSM causes hysteria based on nothing more than hype, you're proof positive just in case you missed it. The vast majority of development in the Greater Houston and Harris County Region over the last 50 years has been done preparing for major flooding.

No one designs or builds to manage a 800 to 1,000 year event...
No shit........nothing hysterical in any of my posts.......you on the other hand.........

what an ass......too dangerous to issue before... yeah thats it...now thats its under water it should be so much easier.
Houston mayor issues new mandatory evacuation | Daily Mail Online

About 50 deaths so far from Harvey. In the last evacuation, there were about 100 evacuation related deaths before the hurricane even made landfall. It's a rough and traumatic time for everybody, and it's tempting to Monday morning quarterback to find someone to blame for the massive loss of lives and property, but the choice to not evacuate before Harvey hit was the right choice.
If you have a plan, evacuation deaths will be at a minimum.

what an ass......too dangerous to issue before... yeah thats it...now thats its under water it should be so much easier.

No shit........nothing hysterical in any of my posts.......you on the other hand.........

Obviously you believe a lot of what the LMSM has produced, that in itself is hysterical...
yeah obviously......course you cant show that.......so lets just assume .....rrigghttt

These other post must have been done by your evil twin, can't fix stupid...

Did you see the pics of the freeways in Houston last week? Can you imagine how many would have died in their cars with a manditory evac gridlock then?
Did I advocate a full city wide evac............btw New Orleans and Florida you eveac routes pretty much limited....

Obviously you believe a lot of what the LMSM has produced, that in itself is hysterical...
yeah obviously......course you cant show that.......so lets just assume .....rrigghttt

These other post must have been done by your evil twin, can't fix stupid...
Nothing hysterical there....thats called mockery

Nothing hysterical there....thats called mockery

Then you have a very sick sense of humor, if you believe "mockery" is appropriate at this time, wow...

Another Key Board Commando running off at the mouth who knows nothing of the region or the real issues at hand...

How much have you donated to help the victims of this storm?

About 50 deaths so far from Harvey. In the last evacuation, there were about 100 evacuation related deaths before the hurricane even made landfall. It's a rough and traumatic time for everybody, and it's tempting to Monday morning quarterback to find someone to blame for the massive loss of lives and property, but the choice to not evacuate before Harvey hit was the right choice.
If you have a plan, evacuation deaths will be at a minimum.
Can you describe such miraculous plan please?

Forum List

Back