Houston Mayor issues Mandatory evac notice

No they havent, good for them,

So who plans for 800 to 1,000 year events?

Can you name these experts that can prevent such natural destruction?

Who along the Gulf Coast and the Atlantic seaboard plans for 800 to 1,000 year events?

there will be a time and place for a public reckoning.....

By critics who don't live there or know anything about it?

No what most reasonable people understand is it's a time to save lives, heal and help them rebuild, not criticize...

You dont live in the affected area...

I did for over 50 years, I know the area well, a hell of lot better than you do...

I have family and friends affected by it and have spoken with them numerous times, who is it you know that lives there now?

How much have you donated for relief? Oh that's right all you have done is criticize them...

why the hell are you commenting...

Because idiots like you are critical of something you have no real understanding of...
first point I answered no shit..........agreed on that little part of you rant....doesnt excuse inaction
Second quote Time and place ...meaning after people are tended too...you keep looking to smear me with things I didnt say but figments of your imagination

third quote.......doesnt matter if I know anyone there,,,this isnt the dark ages.......news is worldwide 24/7....meaning people can be equally informed .....
So again follow your own advice and shut up since you arent there....
Customer of mine had a son in the area in company with another early 20's male. Their plan was to ride it out in the truck they had, father persuaded them to leave no doubt saving their lives ........

If they were dumassess maybe.
If the waters rose so high so fast I have my Yaks to escape if my lifted truck which will handle around 4ft of water becomes no longer viable.
But I digress .....you know whether you're going to flood long before it happens through flood warnings. This isnt a flash flood were talking about but a slow increase of water depth.

And again...Katrina 1388 dead.
Harvey...50.

When you consider the population disparity Houston obviously took the right action. The death toll is ridiculously lopsided.
N.O. pop = 391,495
Hou. pop = 2.303 million. And that only includes the city limits. Add the surrounding area and it goes over 5 mill.

Who along the Gulf Coast and the Atlantic seaboard plans for 800 to 1,000 year events?

No what most reasonable people understand is it's a time to save lives, heal and help them rebuild, not criticize...

I did for over 50 years, I know the area well, a hell of lot better than you do...

I have family and friends affected by it and have spoken with them numerous times, who is it you know that lives there now?

How much have you donated for relief? Oh that's right all you have done is criticize them...

Because idiots like you are critical of something you have no real understanding of...
first point I answered no shit..........agreed on that little part of you rant....doesnt excuse inaction
Second quote Time and place ...meaning after people are tended too...you keep looking to smear me with things I didnt say but figments of your imagination

third quote.......doesnt matter if I know anyone there,,,this isnt the dark ages.......news is worldwide 24/7....meaning people can be equally informed .....
Customer of mine had a son in the area in company with another early 20's male. Their plan was to ride it out in the truck they had, father persuaded them to leave no doubt saving their lives ........

If the waters rose so high so fast I have my Yaks to escape if my lifted truck which will handle around 4ft of water becomes no longer viable.
But I digress .....you know whether you're going to flood long before it happens through flood warnings. This isnt a flash flood were talking about but a slow increase of water depth.

Harvey...50.

When you consider the population disparity Houston obviously took the right action. The death toll is ridiculously lopsided.
N.O. pop = 391,495
Hou. pop = 2.303 million. And that only includes the city limits. Add the surrounding area and it goes over 5 mill.
starngers in a strange town thinking great adventure or story to tell.....easily could turn deadly.....

Harvey...50.

N.O. pop = 391,495
starngers in a strange town thinking great adventure or story to tell.....easily could turn deadly.....
Even when evacuations are mandatory, people still refuse to leave..........It is obvious other areas may be affected by the release of the water from the resevoirs...........

Anyone who's been through a hurricane and tried to leave would understand how difficult it is.......You get stuck out there with no place to stay........hundreds of miles and hotels all booked up...........so some refuse to leave........

what an ass......too dangerous to issue before... yeah thats it...now thats its under water it should be so much easier.
Houston mayor issues new mandatory evacuation | Daily Mail Online

About 50 deaths so far from Harvey. In the last evacuation, there were about 100 evacuation related deaths before the hurricane even made landfall. It's a rough and traumatic time for everybody, and it's tempting to Monday morning quarterback to find someone to blame for the massive loss of lives and property, but the choice to not evacuate before Harvey hit was the right choice.
If you have a plan, evacuation deaths will be at a minimum.

They didn't evacuate. That doesn't mean they didn't have a plan.

Harvey...50.

N.O. pop = 391,495

WTF?
When are you going to admit Houston made the right decision?
NO..pop 350,000 ..1833 dead.
Hou. pop 5 mill and 50 dead.
You're looking silly at this point.

what an ass......too dangerous to issue before... yeah thats it...now thats its under water it should be so much easier.

About 50 deaths so far from Harvey. In the last evacuation, there were about 100 evacuation related deaths before the hurricane even made landfall. It's a rough and traumatic time for everybody, and it's tempting to Monday morning quarterback to find someone to blame for the massive loss of lives and property, but the choice to not evacuate before Harvey hit was the right choice.

Guess the mayor didn't.

Guess the mayor didn't.

Whine all you want. No reason to believe anyone will take your petty finger pointing any more serious this time than any of the other times.

Harvey...50.

N.O. pop = 391,495

WTF?
what does the death toll have to do with these two.........what does the cities plan have to do with these two....talk about looking silly and reaching

Harvey...50.

N.O. pop = 391,495

WTF?
what does the death toll have to do with these two.........what does the cities plan have to do with these two....talk about looking silly and reaching

Are you fucking kidding me?
You've complained about the mayor not ordering an evac yet the death toll has been minor.
WTF more do you want?

Harvey...50.

N.O. pop = 391,495

WTF?

You've complained about the mayor not ordering an evac yet the death toll has been minor.
WTF more do you want?
You didnt answer the question........

Harvey...50.

N.O. pop = 391,495

WTF?

WTF more do you want?
no thanks to him......does he have a plan to get those in the evac area out

Harvey...50.

N.O. pop = 391,495

WTF?

WTF more do you want?

No thanks to him? The last time they tried to evac 5 million people around 107 people died.
Dude you really dont know shit about hurricanes and the best way to deal with them.
There are times you evac and times you shelter in place.
Sheltering in place was obviously the right call in this situation.

WTF?

WTF more do you want?

No thanks to him? The last time they tried to evac 5 million people around 107 people died.
Dude you really dont know shit about hurricanes and the best way to deal with them.
Again mischaracterizing what I said.....never said all 5 million should have evaced......try some honesty eh

WTF?

WTF more do you want?

Again mischaracterizing what I said.....never said all 5 million should have evaced......try some honesty eh

Try some honesty?
I've already told you a lot of people left on their own.

WTF?

WTF more do you want?

Do you live on the Gulf Coast?

WTF more do you want?

Try some honesty?
why the need to try to put words in my mouth...neither of you can answer a simple question

WTF more do you want?

Try some honesty?
why the need to try to put words in my mouth...neither of you can answer a simple question

Go ahead and put your question out there. Fresh and new.

Try some honesty?

Why bother ....neither of you answered the first time......simply went on to next lie about what I posted

Harvey...50.

N.O. pop = 391,495

WTF?

WTF more do you want?

Does he fuken have a plan!! The Nat Guard has been pulling people out yet their efforts pale compared to the civilian response.
Every fourth vehicle had a boat behind it and they were all connected to Zello which directed the rescuers to the homes where they were needed.
Again...do you live in a hurricane zone?

Try some honesty?

Why bother ....neither of you answered the first time......simply went on to next lie about what I posted

So you dont know what your talking about?

Forum List

Back