How a Leader Responds to Americans Threatened

Embassies aren’t military installations.

That one is.

Never mind, get our people out, vite. Thousands of people mobbing a building -- nothing can stop that, not realistically. Nothing ever has.

Yeah, I know we could mow them down with machine guns, and history shows many examples of that (Champs de Mars, French Revolution; St. Petersburg Peasants March in 2005 Russia,, many other examples, such as the Boston Massacre). History also show that every single time, the government in place is then quickly overthrown.

So ---- bad move. Let's don't do that. I mean, I'd love it, but. Counterproductive.
Of course they can be stopped whether they are armed or not. If they are not armed, limited access to the building forces them to congregate in close quarters making the vulnerable to various non lethal remedies, and if they are armed, Apache gunships, fighter planes,etc. would quickly clear them out. Security at the embassy was lax because Iraqi special forces were supposed to be guarding the perimeter of the Green Zone, but they failed to act to stop the militia.

Iraq has no special forces. It's why we are still there. Iraq is not interested in fighting this war.
Your ignorance seems to be boundless. Iraq does have special forces and they were trained by the US. What "war" are you talking about?

That one is.

Never mind, get our people out, vite. Thousands of people mobbing a building -- nothing can stop that, not realistically. Nothing ever has.

Yeah, I know we could mow them down with machine guns, and history shows many examples of that (Champs de Mars, French Revolution; St. Petersburg Peasants March in 2005 Russia,, many other examples, such as the Boston Massacre). History also show that every single time, the government in place is then quickly overthrown.

So ---- bad move. Let's don't do that. I mean, I'd love it, but. Counterproductive.
Of course they can be stopped whether they are armed or not. If they are not armed, limited access to the building forces them to congregate in close quarters making the vulnerable to various non lethal remedies, and if they are armed, Apache gunships, fighter planes,etc. would quickly clear them out. Security at the embassy was lax because Iraqi special forces were supposed to be guarding the perimeter of the Green Zone, but they failed to act to stop the militia.

Iraq has no special forces. It's why we are still there. Iraq is not interested in fighting this war.
Your ignorance seems to be boundless. Iraq does have special forces and they were trained by the US. What "war" are you talking about?

Iraqis are not interested in dying for our cause. They never have been.

Iraqi soldiers, police drop weapons, flee posts in Mosul - CNN

[

Iraq does have special forces and they were trained by the US. What "war" are you talking about?

The war that Iraq does NOT want to fight. Like the war that South Vietnam did NOT want to fight. Like the war the Afghans did NOT want to fight.

Will we ever learn? Pretending we're the new bestest fwiend of the weakest part of a country hasn't been working well. I'd think after 40 or more years we'd figure it out, but noooooooooooooooo………...

That one is.

Are you a complete moron? Your link is about Iraqi soldiers fleeing from ISIS. It has nothing to do with the US.

[

Iraq does have special forces and they were trained by the US. What "war" are you talking about?

The war that Iraq does NOT want to fight. Like the war that South Vietnam did NOT want to fight. Like the war the Afghans did NOT want to fight.

Will we ever learn? Pretending we're the new bestest fwiend of the weakest part of a country hasn't been working well. I'd think after 40 or more years we'd figure it out, but noooooooooooooooo………...

I watched a documentary on WWI. Towards the end the soldiers that survived said that hopefully the world would learn to never do this again.

We didn't learn then either.

That one is.

Are you a complete moron? Your link is about Iraqi soldiers fleeing from ISIS. It has nothing to do with the US.
He’s a moron

It seems to me the solution is simple. Withdraw all troops, on contitions: they don't let ISIS or Iran or Taliban take over. If they do, we do NOT send troops back in, we bomb them to glass wherever the trouble is seen to be.

I'm serious: the other way is NOT working.

That one is.

It has them not willing to fight. About simply abandoning their posts. They are not going to fight for us.

[

So tell me, please, what war is it Iraq doesn't want to fight?

It seems to me the solution is simple. Withdraw all troops, on contitions: they don't let ISIS or Iran or Taliban take over. If they do, we do NOT send troops back in, we bomb them to glass wherever the trouble is seen to be.

I'm serious: the other way is NOT working.

Iraqi's don't care who takes over. It's all the same to them.

[

Any.

He’s a moron

19 years.......billions of lost dollars. Dead Americans. What have we gained by all of this?

Sure it does: Iraqi soldiers ALWAYS flee. They won't fight this war! They surrender to CNN crews: the whole world knows that.

Get out, leave them to their fate, bomb to glass any ISIS or IRAN military bases. It's the only way, IMO.

We aren't going to do anything to Iran. Russia and China isn't going to allow any disruptions to their oil deals.

It has them not willing to fight. About simply abandoning their posts. They are not going to fight for us.
It had nothing to do with the US, unless you want to blame Obama for creating ISIS by pulling out of Iraq to prepare for his 2012 election campaign. This battle occurred before US forces returned to Iraq to fight ISIS. ISIS was capturing Iraq and Iraqi soldiers and officers refused to defend their country.

He’s a moron

19 years.......billions of lost dollars. Dead Americans. What have we gained by all of this?
How many blacks were shot this week in towns run by democrats

[

Any.
In other words, you have no idea what you are talking about.

It had nothing to do with the US, unless you want to blame Obama for creating ISIS by pulling out of Iraq to prepare for his 2012 election campaign. This battle occurred before US forces returned to Iraq to fight ISIS. ISIS was capturing Iraq and Iraqi soldiers and officers refused to defend their country.

The former was covered but nice of you to note this.

He’s a moron

How many blacks were shot this week in towns run by democrats

No idea. Do you feel a need to bring your racist views into every thread?

Forum List

Back