How a Leader Responds to Americans Threatened

[

Iraq has no special forces. It's why we are still there. Iraq is not interested in fighting this war.

Iraq does have special forces and they were trained by the US. What "war" are you talking about?

The war that Iraq does NOT want to fight. Like the war that South Vietnam did NOT want to fight. Like the war the Afghans did NOT want to fight.

Will we ever learn? Pretending we're the new bestest fwiend of the weakest part of a country hasn't been working well. I'd think after 40 or more years we'd figure it out, but noooooooooooooooo………...

I watched a documentary on WWI. Towards the end the soldiers that survived said that hopefully the world would learn to never do this again.

We didn't learn then either.
Keep those blinders fast. In WWI Hitler was not out there killing whoever got in his way, starting with the Jewish people who worked hard and did without to save and invest, until they controlled things Hitler wanted to have his noose securely around. Those who learned from WWI had not seen the purely evil genocide Hitler was willing to do to get masses of people following him. From what is written about him, Hitler had no use for God to get in his way, either, so he encouraged atheism, agnosticism, and even Nostradamus sayings to bolster himself and discouraged religion, both Christian and Jewish. He eliminated righteous people from his midst, which in turn, became his downfall. His own intelligent followers were completely dispirited by his arrogant ways half way through the war as he was made paranoid by those who profited in the Reich, from lying about people in their way to be close to him with claims of sedition against them. He fell due to flattery of ambitious people and from making his true leaders afraid to give him good advice, because of his ruthless killings of people loyal to him but prey to lying flatterers.

Last edited:
We aren't going to do anything to Iran. Russia and China isn't going to allow any disruptions to their oil deals.

Sorry, I wasn't clear: I meant Iran-backed militia/bases, whatever our guys were complaining about in Iraq itself. Iran proper is another story, I agree.

Though every prez has a war (check it out: Carter didn't, but he did have the --IRANIAN-- hostage crisis). I'm up with a war on Iran, as long as it's Trump running it, not some idiot like Bush Jr. turned out to be.

Iraqi soldiers, police drop weapons, flee posts in Mosul - CNN

Are you a complete moron? Your link is about Iraqi soldiers fleeing from ISIS. It has nothing to do with the US.

Sure it does: Iraqi soldiers ALWAYS flee. They won't fight this war! They surrender to CNN crews: the whole world knows that.

Get out, leave them to their fate, bomb to glass any ISIS or IRAN military bases. It's the only way, IMO.
Not so. They fought against Iran. They fought against the US twice. They fought against Kuwait, and they fought internal battles for years against Kurds and Shi'ites. But these battles were fought before Iran took over the Iraqi military and selected officers for their loyalty to Iran rather than for their competence as military officers.

[

Iraq has no special forces. It's why we are still there. Iraq is not interested in fighting this war.

Iraq does have special forces and they were trained by the US. What "war" are you talking about?

The war that Iraq does NOT want to fight. Like the war that South Vietnam did NOT want to fight. Like the war the Afghans did NOT want to fight.

Will we ever learn? Pretending we're the new bestest fwiend of the weakest part of a country hasn't been working well. I'd think after 40 or more years we'd figure it out, but noooooooooooooooo………...

I watched a documentary on WWI. Towards the end the soldiers that survived said that hopefully the world would learn to never do this again.

Keep those blinders fast. In WWI Hitler was not out there killing whoever got in his way, starting with the Jewish people who worked hard and did without to save and invest, until they controlled things Hitler wanted to have his noose securely around.

Hitler never comes to power if we hadn't decided to continue punishing Germany and keeping it down after the war was over.

Keep those blinders fast. In WWI Hitler was not out there killing whoever got in his way, starting with the Jewish people who worked hard and did without to save and invest, until they controlled things Hitler wanted to have his noose securely around.

It was more complicated than that. I suggest The Third Reich in Power by Robert J. Evans.

Embassies aren’t military installations.

That one is.

Never mind, get our people out, vite. Thousands of people mobbing a building -- nothing can stop that, not realistically. Nothing ever has.

Yeah, I know we could mow them down with machine guns, and history shows many examples of that (Champs de Mars, French Revolution; St. Petersburg Peasants March in 2005 Russia,, many other examples, such as the Boston Massacre). History also show that every single time, the government in place is then quickly overthrown.

So ---- bad move. Let's don't do that. I mean, I'd love it, but. Counterproductive.
Of course they can be stopped whether they are armed or not. If they are not armed, limited access to the building forces them to congregate in close quarters making the vulnerable to various non lethal remedies, and if they are armed, Apache gunships, fighter planes,etc. would quickly clear them out. Security at the embassy was lax because Iraqi special forces were supposed to be guarding the perimeter of the Green Zone, but they failed to act to stop the militia.

Your ignorance seems to be boundless. Iraq does have special forces and they were trained by the US. What "war" are you talking about?
It should be noted, that even though the U.S. trained them, we don't particularly trust them for our security or sometime in working in close proximity, as friends of mine who operated there have told me. This time my friends were right.

We aren't going to do anything to Iran. Russia and China isn't going to allow any disruptions to their oil deals.

Sorry, I wasn't clear: I meant Iran-backed militia/bases, whatever our guys were complaining about in Iraq itself. Iran proper is another story, I agree.

Though every prez has a war (check it out: Carter didn't, but he did have the --IRANIAN-- hostage crisis). I'm up with a war on Iran, as long as it's Trump running it, not some idiot like Bush Jr. turned out to be.

If we start a war with Iran we start a war with Iran/China/Russia. A really stupid thing to do and for what? To control a country that isn't even interested in us doing that?

That one is.

Never mind, get our people out, vite. Thousands of people mobbing a building -- nothing can stop that, not realistically. Nothing ever has.

Yeah, I know we could mow them down with machine guns, and history shows many examples of that (Champs de Mars, French Revolution; St. Petersburg Peasants March in 2005 Russia,, many other examples, such as the Boston Massacre). History also show that every single time, the government in place is then quickly overthrown.

So ---- bad move. Let's don't do that. I mean, I'd love it, but. Counterproductive.
Of course they can be stopped whether they are armed or not. If they are not armed, limited access to the building forces them to congregate in close quarters making the vulnerable to various non lethal remedies, and if they are armed, Apache gunships, fighter planes,etc. would quickly clear them out. Security at the embassy was lax because Iraqi special forces were supposed to be guarding the perimeter of the Green Zone, but they failed to act to stop the militia.

Your ignorance seems to be boundless. Iraq does have special forces and they were trained by the US. What "war" are you talking about?
It should be noted, that even though the U.S. trained them, we don't particularly trust them for our security or sometime in working in close proximity, as friends of mine who operated there have told me. This time my friends were right.

We have killed their sons, daughters, wives and friends. Why would they be interested in protecting our interests?

Not so. They fought against Iran. They fought against the US twice. They fought against Kuwait, and they fought internal battles for years against Kurds and Shi'ites. But these battles were fought before Iran took over the Iraqi military and selected officers for their loyalty to Iran rather than for their competence as military officers.

They did fight against Iran. After that, forget about it. They never really fought. And they lost continually, and are still losing. It's the usual with anyone who is our "ally." Hopeless people, not really on our side.

Iraqi soldiers, police drop weapons, flee posts in Mosul - CNN

Are you a complete moron? Your link is about Iraqi soldiers fleeing from ISIS. It has nothing to do with the US.

Sure it does: Iraqi soldiers ALWAYS flee. They won't fight this war! They surrender to CNN crews: the whole world knows that.

Get out, leave them to their fate, bomb to glass any ISIS or IRAN military bases. It's the only way, IMO.

That was when they fought for Iraqi interests, not when we expect them to fight for ours.

[

Hitler never comes to power if we hadn't decided to continue punishing Germany and keeping it down after the war was over.
lol Again you display an astonishing level of ignorance. The US played no part in what happened in Germany after WWI. It was entirely the Europeans, who have always been worthless allies and brutal victors who put the squeeze on Germany and then lacked the courage to take action when Hitler rose to power.

If we start a war with Iran we start a war with Iran/China/Russia. A really stupid thing to do and for what? To control a country that isn't even interested in us doing that?

Oh, I suppose you're right: but I can remember the hostage crisis. Don't expect me to disapprove any war on Iran. Won't happen.

Most people can't remember all that, but maybe they'll remember all the chants --- in parliament -- of Death To America! and all the nukes, and all the ballistic missiles wheeled along the streets. they continually say they want to kill me and mine, and I don't like that.Yeah, Iran needs a war. Solid glass instead of all that sand works for me.

lol Again you display an astonishing level of ignorance. The US played no part in what happened in Germany after WWI. It was entirely the Europeans, who have always been worthless allies and brutal victors who put the squeeze on Germany and then lacked the courage to take action when Hitler rose to power.

It was everyone.

That one is.

We have killed their sons, daughters, wives and friends. Why would they be interested in protecting our interests?
We also saved them from Saddam and from ISIS. Just what do you imagine US interests in Iraq to be?

Oh, I suppose you're right: but I can remember the hostage crisis. Don't expect me to disapprove any war on Iran. Won't happen.

We brought that crises on ourselves. That was simply a pay back for what we did in 1953. You will regret it if it ever happens. And for what?

Most people can't remember all that, but maybe they'll remember all the chants --- in parliament -- of Death To America! and all the nukes, and all the ballistic missiles wheeled along the streets. they continually say they want to kill me and mine, and I don't like that.Yeah, Iran needs a war. Solid glass instead of all that sand works for me.

Iran is happy with selling their oil to Russia and China. We aren't and it's none of our business.

That one is.

Because I suspect we are mostly paying them, but you just can't get good help these days. Besides, dollars don't buy loyalty.

We also saved them from Saddam and from ISIS. Just what do you imagine US interests in Iraq to be?

We have been there 19 years and as of yet no one has been able to explain that. Can you?

They are also not better off now than they were under Saddam.

Because I suspect we are mostly paying them, but you just can't get good help these days. Besides, dollars don't buy loyalty.

Yes they will take our money but they will not fight for us.

That one is.

The Green Zone Iraqi special forces were guarding is not only the location of the US embassy but of all the foreign embassies and of the homes of major Iraqi political figures, so it was presumed reasonable the Iraqi special forces would maintain security, but they didn't even try to. Now US Marines will secure the perimeter of the Green Zone.

We have been there 19 years and as of yet no one has been able to explain that. Can you?
In other words, you have no idea what these US interests are you keep referring to or what US war you are claiming the Iraqis don't want to fight.

Forum List

Back