🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How are we going to eradicate this cancer from society?

"Racist" :lol: Too bad neither "Latino" nor "alien" is a race. This is the price of playing loosely with labels. And in reality, the only entity that even mentioned "race" was the author of this blog.

Once the internets allowed anyone to be an author without the filter of an editor or proofreader, the art of writing went to hell.

The College officials that wrote the letter apparently agreed with the complaints about the combination being racist.

"In a letter sent out to students, the college apologized for having “a Mexican food buffet,” while also featuring spaceships and aliens. The college received complaints saying the combination was racist because of the association between Mexicans and illegal immigrants."

Conservatives need to stop trying to propagate the myth of 'political correctness,' along with its associated hyperbolic nonsense.

I borrowed this from a memo written by HST to Gen MacArthur.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!"

"Racist" :lol: Too bad neither "Latino" nor "alien" is a race. This is the price of playing loosely with labels. And in reality, the only entity that even mentioned "race" was the author of this blog.

Once the internets allowed anyone to be an author without the filter of an editor or proofreader, the art of writing went to hell.

The College officials that wrote the letter apparently agreed with the complaints about the combination being racist.

"In a letter sent out to students, the college apologized for having “a Mexican food buffet,” while also featuring spaceships and aliens. The college received complaints saying the combination was racist because of the association between Mexicans and illegal immigrants."

That's just a cut-and-paste of what the article said all over again.
The point is, it's only the blog author making that leap. Nobody's quoted as saying "racist". It appears the author doesn't know what the word means.

Is this another "gay men abortions" thread by Sassy? Why yes, it looks that way.

Political correctness is nothing less than thinly veiled tyranny.

College Apologizes for Serving Mexican Food During Sci-Fi Event

Stevenson College is apologizing to its students for serving Mexican food during “Intergalactic” night.

In a letter sent out to students, the college apologized for having “a Mexican food buffet,” while also featuring spaceships and aliens. The college received complaints saying the combination was racist because of the association between Mexicans and illegal immigrants.

“We would never want to make a connection between individuals of Latino heritage or undocumented students and “aliens” and I am so sorry that our College Night appeared to do exactly that,” wrote Carolyn Golz who had taken this picture of the activities before the complaints:

Intergalactic-Night.jpg

After receiving complaints, Dr. Golz said that the event “demonstrated a cultural insensitivity on the part of the program planners and, though it was an unintentional mistake, I recognize that this incident caused harm within our community and negatively impacted students.”

College Apologizes for Serving Mexican Food During Sci-Fi Event PUNDIT PRESS
Never in a thousand years would a reasonable person look at this event and equate Latinos with aliens.

I can't believe I actually just typed that.

This is madness, and yet some people are proud of it and will defend it.

The animosities increase, the divisions increase, the decay continues.

The point is, it's only the blog author making that leap. Nobody's quoted as saying "racist". It appears the author doesn't know what the word means.

Just exactly what was the apology about?

Yep. I'm looking for a good college to send my kids to so I'm really going to give a hard look at an institution that can't seperate alleged space aliens from real illegal Mexican aliens crossing our borders.

Academic nitwits.

Conservatives need to stop trying to propagate the myth of 'political correctness,' along with its associated hyperbolic nonsense.
Your denial on this stuff is absolutely hilarious.

Even liberal icon Bill Maher attacks what HE calls Political Correctness quite regularly. One example:

Bill Maher Political correctness worse than ever - Orlando Sentinel

From the piece, Maher says "Yet he sees a problem with any such activism. "We have become a flag decal country," he said. "We think we do something. We put a decal on our car. We watch 'American Sniper.' That doesn’t make a difference. Political correctness is just about patting yourself on the back, making yourself feel good."

Are you really expecting to be taken seriously, or are you just goofing around?

Last edited:

Do I have to read the whole OP to you one sentence at a time?

They apologized for "mak[ing] a connection between individuals of Latino heritage or undocumented students and 'aliens'"

That's got nothing to do with "race".

But it is quite the leap to selectively restrict the word aliens to one sense only for the purpose of feigning offense. That's got less to do with PC than with the worship of Dumbdown (see sigline) IMHO. Personally I think the college should have said, "blogger please, grow a pair and get the fuck over it".

Yep. I'm looking for a good college to send my kids to so I'm really going to give a hard look at an institution that can't seperate alleged space aliens from real illegal Mexican aliens crossing our borders.

Academic nitwits.
I always wondered what a Mongol alien would look like...

Hair2.jpg

Forum List

Back