How Can There Be Multiple Gods and Multiple Truths?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Do you agree with the following:

There is 1 God, with one path to Heaven.
There are multiple Gods, and many paths to Heaven.
Doesn't matter what you believe, as long as you believe in something?

If there are multiple Gods, who gets to decide what?
Why do they "disagree"?

There are multiple Gods/theories but there is only one "truth" and we probably wont ever know..

Multiple Gods, Multiple Truths...each only see's a small part of an unkowable whole :dunno:

Generally when someone claims to be the only way...I look for the other path.

No gods, period. All the gods are just fairy tales.
No heaven above us. All the stories of an afterlife are just fairy tales.
There is no truth. There are only cold, hard facts and an impartial reality.

The universe is wondrous to behold, but it also doesn't give a shit about you in the least. When you die, that's it. Lights out. But your atoms and energy live on for eternity (unless proton decay actually turns out to be a valid hypothesis). Make use of what time you have, love your friends and family, and enjoy every experience while you can.

Why do they "disagree"?

12717848_1712303682323225_268913684933521873_n.jpg

Why do they "disagree"?

Are you an Atheist or Agnostic?

There are multiple Gods/theories but there is only one "truth" and we probably wont ever know..

except after we die? Or do you mean "ever ever"?
Personally, I don't think we will know anything after we die. I don't believe in a man made god. I don't doubt a supreme creator/being but not the Abrahamic "God". I think if there was something so fuckin awesome that could have made us/world, they wouldn't be as narcissistic as the Abrahamic god. I don't think they would spiritually rape a virgin. I don't think they would send us to an eternity of fire for having a different opinion. And I damn sure think that if someone created us, they are watching us; yhey would show their faces and straighten us out instead of letting us kill each other and dwell on metaphorical bullshit.

Why do they "disagree"?

Agnostic Atheist

The existence and non-existence of a god are not equally probable outcomes. The majority of things we can possibly imagine do not exist. Thus, belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

Personally, I don't think we will know anything after we die. I don't believe in a man made god. I don't doubt a supreme creator/being but not the Abrahamic "God". I think if there was something so fuckin awesome that could have made us/world, they wouldn't be as narcissistic as the Abrahamic god. I don't think they would spiritually rape a virgin. I don't think they would send us to an eternity of fire for having a different opinion. And I damn sure think that if someone created us, they are watching us; yhey would show their faces and straighten us out instead of letting us kill each other and dwell on metaphorical bullshit.

well then, if there IS some kind of creator, they are still allowing this to happen to us....

I can’t believe/understand a world without God OR No god is too unlikely.

Argument from incredulity / Lack of imagination and Argumentum ad Ignorantiam. Ignores and does not eliminate the fact that something can seem incredible or unlikely and still be true, or appear to be obvious or likely and yet still be false.
The world is the way it is. Reality does not bend to our personal whim and facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. Our personal belief in something does not automatically make it real or true and, conversely, our lack of understanding of a topic does not make it false.
Until we understand something we “do not know”. Positing a ‘god’ in place of admitting personal ignorance is an unfounded leap which demonstrates a fundamental lack of humility.

Why do they "disagree"?

Agnostic Atheist

The existence and non-existence of a god are not equally probable outcomes. The majority of things we can possibly imagine do not exist. Thus, belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

Okay well let's pick this apart:

The existence and non-existence of a god are not equally probable outcomes. (Which is MORE probable?)
The majority of things we can possibly imagine do not exist. (According to who? How do you know?)

So you just have no belief either way. Correct?

Why do they "disagree"?

Multiple universes. Multiple dimensions.

The more science digs into physical nature, the more bizarre things get. You're sitting in a computer chair at your computer communicating with me right now... perhaps there is another you, sitting in that same chair, in another dimension of space and time? Or, perhaps there are several versions of you and every choice you make or decision, there is another you in a different universe experiencing the opposite choice that you didn't make? Sounds really crazy but... math actually predicts it. Einstein called it "spooky action at a distance."

Why do they "disagree"?
there are no "gods"....we were put here,"seeded", so to speak by a super advanced race of beings.....

well then, if there IS some kind of creator, they are still allowing this to happen to us....
Very good point ;)

Why do they "disagree"?

Perhaps you should ask a Hindu, as they have a semi-polytheistic religion. But I don't think there are any Hindu's on the board.

Why do they "disagree"?

Agnostic Atheist

Okay well let's pick this apart:

The existence and non-existence of a god are not equally probable outcomes. (Which is MORE probable?)
The majority of things we can possibly imagine do not exist. (According to who? How do you know?)

So you just have no belief either way. Correct?

Think about it. I come to you and I tell you about an invisible creature that has no beginning and no end and it created you and cares about you and built a heaven for you and a hell for your enemies. SHould I go on?

Point is, the chances of my invisible creature being real are not 50/50. And do you have to ask me if the odds are in favor or against it?

Without the organized religions, what evidence do you have for God? You have nothing. So without the stories that god visited and told your ancestors these stories you seem to believe, the odds of a god existing are very very low.

Could there be a generic creator that created the universe? Sure there could. I would have to be a god to know for sure if there is or isn't so in a way I'm agnostic. I don't know either way. BUT, do I lean one way or the other? Oh yea! I lean towards believing there is no god.

Could there be a creator? Sure. But no evidence to date suggest there is one.

Very good point ;)

Wouldn't the answer be because they could care less what's happening here?

Forum List

Back