How Can There Be Multiple Gods and Multiple Truths?

If I have the ability to remove lead from my children's toys, I do it. If god has the ability to remove cancer or drugs, why doesn't he?

Because God is obviously not an invisible human. Perhaps God sent us the soul of the person who was to cure cancer and some liberal idiot aborted them? Whenever we start speculating there is no end to the possibilities. Just because you are incapable of wrapping your tiny mind around this, doesn't mean you've got it figured out.

Do you agree with the following:

There is 1 God, with one path to Heaven.
There are multiple Gods, and many paths to Heaven.
Doesn't matter what you believe, as long as you believe in something?

If there are multiple Gods, who gets to decide what?
Why do they "disagree"?

Where is the "none of the above" option? :D

Think about it. I come to you and I tell you about an invisible creature that has no beginning and no end and it created you and cares about you and built a heaven for you and a hell for your enemies. SHould I go on?

Point is, the chances of my invisible creature being real are not 50/50. And do you have to ask me if the odds are in favor or against it?

Without the organized religions, what evidence do you have for God? You have nothing. So without the stories that god visited and told your ancestors these stories you seem to believe, the odds of a god existing are very very low.

Could there be a generic creator that created the universe? Sure there could. I would have to be a god to know for sure if there is or isn't so in a way I'm agnostic. I don't know either way. BUT, do I lean one way or the other? Oh yea! I lean towards believing there is no god.

Could there be a creator? Sure. But no evidence to date suggest there is one.

Forget about "organized religions" for a minute. We have self-evidence of a spiritual creator greater than ourselves. If we didn't, we'd still be living in the trees with the monkeys... our common ancestors. Something obviously inspired us... made us not afraid to tame fire... to invent the wheel... to climb out of our tree and explore the universe around us.

We can argue philosophically over what that thing is... I think you assume it must be some kind of "invisible creature" because that's how you often describe it... but I don't believe in invisible creatures. Creatures are physical and have physical attributes. This guiding force is beyond the physical, it doesn't have those attributes.

You say that "no evidence suggests a creator" but you can't physically explain how physics created physics. It's a dichotomy... a paradox. In order for physical nature to exist, it has to have some source of creation. We observe physical nature exists and has entropy... the steady and constant devolving from order to chaos... so we have to presume physical nature had a beginning point. But how did it manage to create itself if it didn't exist? Occam's Razor says the simplest answers are usually the best. In this case, the simplest answer is a spiritual force created physical nature.

Now, perhaps you need to replace "spiritual force" with some other phrase in order to distinguish it in your mind away from religious beliefs... but do that... call it something else if you wish... that is what created us.

They say nothing can come from nothing but that's where you guys say God came from. No mom or dad, right? No beginning or end?

The only thing that has no beginning and end is the Cosmos. No need for a God. And if there is a creator, lucky guess because he never visited. Yet somehow you feel you have a personal relationship with it.

If I have the ability to remove lead from my children's toys, I do it. If god has the ability to remove cancer or drugs, why doesn't he?

Because God is obviously not an invisible human. Perhaps God sent us the soul of the person who was to cure cancer and some liberal idiot aborted them? Whenever we start speculating there is no end to the possibilities. Just because you are incapable of wrapping your tiny mind around this, doesn't mean you've got it figured out.

Lol. Sure. Don't bother speculating, just follow YOUR belief system like a sheep? Perhaps it's nothing but a bunch of stories made up by humans who were ignorant thousands of years ago?

Why put us here then?
Why not? I had an ant colony as a kid. I thought it would be fun. I got bored with it after a week and haven't thought about it since. It could be he doesn't even know we're here and he just designed the Universe with a certain set of physics and chemistry rules to see what would happen. And maybe tried different settings in a billion other Universes.

I once said that MAYYYBE.... we're just an old science project in a shoebox sitting in God's closet.

Lol. Sure. Don't bother speculating, just follow YOUR belief system like a sheep? Perhaps it's nothing but a bunch of stories made up by humans who were ignorant thousands of years ago?
A bunch of ignorant humans who were SPECULATING btw

Why do they "disagree"?
there are no "gods"....we were put here,"seeded", so to speak by a super advanced race of beings.....
Probably more likely than the god story. Certainly possible.

Lol. Isn't that the same as a "god?"
No. If I take a poop and maggots grow out of my poop, I am not a god. I was born and I die. But feel free to worship me if you want.

Why put us here then?
Why not? I had an ant colony as a kid. I thought it would be fun. I got bored with it after a week and haven't thought about it since. It could be he doesn't even know we're here and he just designed the Universe with a certain set of physics and chemistry rules to see what would happen. And maybe tried different settings in a billion other Universes.

I once said that MAYYYBE.... we're just an old science project in a shoebox sitting in God's closet.
One could certainly make that argument.

Why do they "disagree"?
there are no "gods"....we were put here,"seeded", so to speak by a super advanced race of beings.....

No. If I take a poop and maggots grow out of my poop, I am not a god. I was born and I die. But feel free to worship me if you want.

That is the still the same idea as belief in a creator/god.

Why put us here then?

He tosses his snow globe into his closet and our universe has been spinning for over 13 billion years. That's how long it takes for God's snow globe to stop spinning. 23 trillion years. We have about another 10 billion years to go.

There is one True Almighty God but there are thousands of false gods and most are demon inspired. Seek to know and find Truth and God will help you.If you are a real seeker of truth start reading His inspired (God breathed) Word.

Why do they "disagree"?

Something that's not a god could have created us. Certainly possible. Maybe it brought down 5 test tubes. One for fish, one for birds, one for mammals, one for amphibians and one for reptiles.

There is one True Almighty God but there are thousands of false gods and most are demon inspired. Seek to know and find Truth and God will help you.If you are a real seeker of truth start reading His inspired (God breathed) Word.
You mean the koran?

Why put us here then?

He tosses his snow globe into his closet and our universe has been spinning for over 13 billion years. That's how long it takes for God's snow globe to stop spinning. 23 trillion years. We have about another 10 billion years to go.

religion-god-lightning-lightning_bolts-caddie-golf-mbcn1419_low.jpg

Maybe you missed this
12717848_1712303682323225_268913684933521873_n.jpg

Think about it. I come to you and I tell you about an invisible creature that has no beginning and no end and it created you and cares about you and built a heaven for you and a hell for your enemies. SHould I go on?

Point is, the chances of my invisible creature being real are not 50/50. And do you have to ask me if the odds are in favor or against it?

Without the organized religions, what evidence do you have for God? You have nothing. So without the stories that god visited and told your ancestors these stories you seem to believe, the odds of a god existing are very very low.

Could there be a generic creator that created the universe? Sure there could. I would have to be a god to know for sure if there is or isn't so in a way I'm agnostic. I don't know either way. BUT, do I lean one way or the other? Oh yea! I lean towards believing there is no god.

Could there be a creator? Sure. But no evidence to date suggest there is one.

Forget about "organized religions" for a minute. We have self-evidence of a spiritual creator greater than ourselves. If we didn't, we'd still be living in the trees with the monkeys... our common ancestors. Something obviously inspired us... made us not afraid to tame fire... to invent the wheel... to climb out of our tree and explore the universe around us.

We can argue philosophically over what that thing is... I think you assume it must be some kind of "invisible creature" because that's how you often describe it... but I don't believe in invisible creatures. Creatures are physical and have physical attributes. This guiding force is beyond the physical, it doesn't have those attributes.

You say that "no evidence suggests a creator" but you can't physically explain how physics created physics. It's a dichotomy... a paradox. In order for physical nature to exist, it has to have some source of creation. We observe physical nature exists and has entropy... the steady and constant devolving from order to chaos... so we have to presume physical nature had a beginning point. But how did it manage to create itself if it didn't exist? Occam's Razor says the simplest answers are usually the best. In this case, the simplest answer is a spiritual force created physical nature.

Now, perhaps you need to replace "spiritual force" with some other phrase in order to distinguish it in your mind away from religious beliefs... but do that... call it something else if you wish... that is what created us.

They say nothing can come from nothing but that's where you guys say God came from. No mom or dad, right? No beginning or end?

The only thing that has no beginning and end is the Cosmos. No need for a God. And if there is a creator, lucky guess because he never visited. Yet somehow you feel you have a personal relationship with it.

But the cosmos is in motion and according to Newton, something must have set it in motion. Therefore, there must have been a beginning. If you believe in an eternal and infinite universe, how is that different than an eternal and infinite God? If you go with what science suggests, there has to be some source of creation.

Moms and Dads are something that physical creatures require.... why is it that you cannot imagine a spiritual creator? Even the very word "creature" denotes a creator.... creature. You have to step outside the bounds of your thinking that God is some invisible creature... God is a spiritual force, not a creature. And maybe "God" isn't even an appropriate word to define it? Maybe that's simply the only way us monkey-like creatures can comprehend it?

Something that's not a god could have created us. Certainly possible. Maybe it brought down 5 test tubes. One for fish, one for birds, one for mammals, one for amphibians and one for reptiles.

Personally, I believe in the theory of evolution.

Why do they "disagree"?

there could be several

exodus 23:3

thou shalt have no other gods before me

which would suggest that there are other gods

I don't think I ever really believed much in a god (s). For as long as I can remember I've had doubts about the existence of any god (s). Of course there is no proof either way, but still . . . it is just way too out there for me to believe that religion is anything more than a way to control people. Back in the ancient days, they didn't have the means to police large territories, so they put the "fear of God" into people, or it was a way to explain things that people didn't understand back then, perhaps both, and it just took off from there. That's my own personal theory regarding god (s). :)

Forum List

Back