How Can There Be Multiple Gods and Multiple Truths?

Why put us here then?
Same goes for God. He obviously abandoned us.

No, we are just dealing with the consequences of our choices.
If your child robs a bank and gets thrown in jail, are you abandoning him or her?
So we are prisoners? I guess I can agree.
"believe in me or burn for eternity".. lol
Thing is, he hasn't shown his face since he raped some child 2000+ years ago.

Hmmmmm of our own choosing so to speak
In our minds it seems unfair.
God offers a way "home" - why would we reject it? All he as
Probably more likely than the god story. Certainly possible.

Lol. Isn't that the same as a "god?"
No. If I take a poop and maggots grow out of my poop, I am not a god. I was born and I die. But feel free to worship me if you want.

That is the still the same idea as belief in a creator/god.

Something that's not a god could have created us. Certainly possible. Maybe it brought down 5 test tubes. One for fish, one for birds, one for mammals, one for amphibians and one for reptiles.

Personally, I believe in the theory of evolution.

The Top Ten Scientific Problems with Biological and Chemical Evolution

The Top Ten Scientific Problems with Biological and Chemical Evolution | Center for Science and Culture

Do you agree with the following:

There is 1 God, with one path to Heaven.
There are multiple Gods, and many paths to Heaven.
Doesn't matter what you believe, as long as you believe in something?

If there are multiple Gods, who gets to decide what?
Why do they "disagree"?

there could be several

exodus 23:3

thou shalt have no other gods before me

which would suggest that there are other gods

Gods can be anything your worship
Most people are their own god.
Money is god to many
Wife and children are gods to others...
What ever you put over the Creator is your true god

Why put us here then?
Same goes for God. He obviously abandoned us.

No, we are just dealing with the consequences of our choices.
If your child robs a bank and gets thrown in jail, are you abandoning him or her?
So we are prisoners? I guess I can agree.
"believe in me or burn for eternity".. lol
Thing is, he hasn't shown his face since he raped some child 2000+ years ago.

Hmmmmm of our own choosing so to speak
In our minds it seems unfair.
God offers a way "home" - why would we reject it? All he as
No. If I take a poop and maggots grow out of my poop, I am not a god. I was born and I die. But feel free to worship me if you want.

Something that's not a god could have created us. Certainly possible. Maybe it brought down 5 test tubes. One for fish, one for birds, one for mammals, one for amphibians and one for reptiles.

Personally, I believe in the theory of evolution.

The Top Ten Scientific Problems with Biological and Chemical Evolution

The Top Ten Scientific Problems with Biological and Chemical Evolution | Center for Science and Culture

Makes a heck of a lot more sense than believing in a god (s). I mean really . . .

there are no "gods"....we were put here,"seeded", so to speak by a super advanced race of beings.....

It would have to be like that because there are no fossil records showing a mutuation of one to the other.
They are all pretty much the same as they have always been

Why do they "disagree"?
One phrase "parallel Universes"

I don't think I ever really believed in a god (or a Santa for that matter - beyond wishful thinking). I remember as a very young child questioning. It was hard and I was very guilt ridden and frightened as a child, thinking that because I couldn't bring myself to believe in such a fairy tale that I was "bad" and would burn in hell if there WAS a god or gods. Terrible thing to do to people. It's called "brainwashing."

Why put us here then?
Why not? I had an ant colony as a kid. I thought it would be fun. I got bored with it after a week and haven't thought about it since. It could be he doesn't even know we're here and he just designed the Universe with a certain set of physics and chemistry rules to see what would happen. And maybe tried different settings in a billion other Universes.

I once said that MAYYYBE.... we're just an old science project in a shoebox sitting in God's closet.
One could certainly make that argument.

Any it would mean our lives are as meaningless as the ants in an ant colony.
As the Verve says, "It's a bittersweet symphony this life. Try to make ends meet, you're a slave to money then you die".

Why do they "disagree"?

So, all are "correct" in their own respective universes.
Do you think there are a finite or infinite amount?

If one can balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive one can through challenge ..

Why do they "disagree"?

Infinite ....sentience is widespread in the Cosmos s...

Why do they "disagree"?

So why bother to believe in any God? Would you be like a lost soul in the cosmos or just die forever if you didn't choose one?

Why do they "disagree"?

So why bother to believe in any God? Would you be like a lost soul in the cosmos or just die forever if you didn't choose one?

Die forever. That is what I believe.

I don't bother ....no one is lost .... it does not make no never mind to the OSOTU [Operating System of the Universe] what anyone believes...the OSOTU [ I call OSOTU "Tetra" short for "Tetragramaton"] ...this entity does not care what name you use ...its as though the Pacific Ocean would care if you called it something else...I am very grateful for all the "slack" the OSOTU has cut me throughout my life ....plus no concept within the Human nervous system can actually come anywhere near to the reality of this entity ....

I don't bother ....no one is lost .... it does not make no never mind to the OSOTU [Operating System of the Universe] what anyone believes...the OSOTU [ I call OSOTU "Tetra" short for "Tetragramaton"] ...this entity does not care what name you use ...its as though the Pacific Ocean would care if you called it something else...I am very grateful for all the "slack" the OSOTU has cut me throughout my life ....plus no concept within the Human nervous system can actually come anywhere near to the reality of this entity ....

You believe in a god? Interesting.

It would have to be like that because there are no fossil records showing a mutuation of one to the other.
They are all pretty much the same as they have always been

I just realized that your avatar and Unkotare's avatar have the same hair style. Lol. :p

Why put us here then?
Why not? I had an ant colony as a kid. I thought it would be fun. I got bored with it after a week and haven't thought about it since. It could be he doesn't even know we're here and he just designed the Universe with a certain set of physics and chemistry rules to see what would happen. And maybe tried different settings in a billion other Universes.

I once said that MAYYYBE.... we're just an old science project in a shoebox sitting in God's closet.
One could certainly make that argument.

Any it would mean our lives are as meaningless as the ants in an ant colony.
As the Verve says, "It's a bittersweet symphony this life. Try to make ends meet, you're a slave to money then you die".
Great song :thup:

I don't want to think it's all meaningless. I like to think that our consciousness or our energy lives on somehow. But you can't convince me any of the man-made religions are close to what's actually happening. And hey maybe it is all for nothing. :dunno:

We are no different than any other animal when it comes to existence. We live, we reproduce and then get old and die and then become fertilizer. People have a hard time accepting that.

1878234_105631967064853427321232123530649556241529n_jpeg857de15e5ac7c5022cfeafcf9f523500

Why do they "disagree"?
there are no "gods"....we were put here,"seeded", so to speak by a super advanced race of beings.....
i agree bobo but for some reason lots of religious people think for some reason,that the god they are praying to is not an alien being....i was taken to task by a pretty religious guy for suggesting this a while back....

Why put us here then?

Supposedly he didn't like what he made thus the flood.
Maybe this time he figured we could just let our selves self destruct.
But no, he came down and die for our sins, so we have an out card now.
We can play it or discard it

Forum List

Back